Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

But it’s fine to do that, as long as someone else pays for repairing them.

Indeed.

If only the anti-racism and BLM protesters knew all they had to do was leave their credit card details and they would have been allowed to protest in George Square without having to encounter the staunch defenders of said memorials

Edited by Jinky67

1 hour ago, Jinky67 said:

Nothing to do with war memorials you are absolutely right just "some" benches which so happened to be memorials to peoples loved ones who have passed away 

I’m sorry I’m now obviously  solely responsible in your eyes for the actions of a few neds on the bevvy breaking something in Glasgow they shouldn’t have . Not like that Dosent happy every weekend throughout the year. 

no doubt I’m sure you are there on your high horse with a bucket and sponge every time celtics fans deface a memorial 

Edited by Forever_blueco

6 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

I’m sorry I’m now obviously  solely responsible in your eyes for the actions of a few neds on the bevvy breaking something in Glasgow they shouldn’t have .

If you're not happy bearing collective responsibility for the actions of your fans, maybe drop the 'we' when you boast about taking over Glasgow city centre?

Edited by Mr Heliums

Poor decision to sub Morelos so early last night. Ok he wasn't playing well but with hindsight he was at least getting more chances than Roofe was.

Also Kent should have been subbed. Was clearly shattered and was ineffectual.

9 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

If you're not happy bearing collective responsibility for the actions of your fans, maybe drop the 'we' when you boast about taking over Glasgow city centre?

Oh ffs 😄

14 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

And we collectively condemned it and collectively raised money to help with the repair works .

4 minutes ago, DMCs said:

Poor decision to sub Morelos so early last night. Ok he wasn't playing well but with hindsight he was at least getting more chances than Roofe was.

Also Kent should have been subbed. Was clearly shattered and was ineffectual.

Kent was your best player by miles last night, until Wright came on then there was literally no other threat, IMO.

Morelos sub was bizarre tbf.

Think it probably showed a dearth of depth. Roofe/Itten both drop offs in quality from Morelos, you don't seem to have any CM depth, and of the CMs, Kamara/Davis don't add much in the final third.

Interesting to see how Rangers try and resolve that in the Summer.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kent was your best player by miles last night, until Wright came on then there was literally no other threat, IMO.

Think it probably showed a dearth of depth. Roofe/Itten both drop offs in quality from Morelos, you don't seem to have any CM depth, and of the CMs, Kamara/Davis don't add much in the final third.

I’m not too sure the issues we had last night was down to a dearth of depth. It was a match that we really should’ve won but for a combination of poor finishing and good goal keeping. St Johnstone played well and made it difficult but they rarely threatened, certainly nowhere near as often as they did midweek, anyway.

Another day it’s sewn up in 90 minutes but I’m not going to be too critical of our squads ability after the season we have had.

Just now, AJF said:

I’m not too sure the issues we had last night was down to a dearth of depth. It was a match that we really should’ve won but for a combination of poor finishing and good goal keeping. St Johnstone played well and made it difficult but they rarely threatened, certainly nowhere near as often as they did midweek, anyway.

Another day it’s sewn up in 90 minutes but I’m not going to be too critical of our squads ability after the season we have had.

Maybe. Just as a Saints fan it felt pretty similar to games we've had against Celtic where we've nullified them pretty well and our keepers having a stormer. They always have some quality on the bench to come on (Dembele/Griffiths/Elyounossi all individually dragged them back into games against us), Scott Wright and Roofe don't hold the same fear, and there was nothing beyond those two on your bench tbh.

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's a team that's competed well on two fronts for most of the season, depth is a fine balance as you can end up like celtic with a huge squad where most players won't get a game. I'd slightly agree with you on CM last night, we were thin there and really miss Jack.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Only reason I can think Morelos was subbed was he was on a booking and seemed in one of they moods. But the way the game was planning out I would have still risked keeping him on 

1 minute ago, Forever_blueco said:

Only reason I can think Morelos was subbed was he was on a booking and seemed in one of they moods. But the way the game was planning out I would have still risked keeping him on 

He seems to constantly score late goals against us/movement is incredible in the box and your chances were crosses, so it makes almost no sense to me tbh. I'm not a league winning manager, mind you.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Kent was goosed in extra time though. He could barely run which is why I think subbing him then would have made sense to me.

Yeah CM depth is the main issue especially with Jack's injury issues. I would say we need two new CMs in the summer.

Just now, DMCs said:

Kent was goosed in extra time though. He could barely run which is why I think subbing him then would have made sense to me.

Aye but who do you bring on? That's where you've got no depth.

Greg Stewart or Itten? Better with a fucked Kent IMO.

8 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Aye but who do you bring on? That's where you've got no depth.

Greg Stewart or Itten? Better with a fucked Kent IMO.

Roofe for Kent potentially instead of taking Morelos off.

48 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

I’m sorry I’m now obviously  solely responsible in your eyes for the actions of a few neds on the bevvy breaking something in Glasgow they shouldn’t have . Not like that Dosent happy every weekend throughout the year. 

no doubt I’m sure you are there on your high horse with a bucket and sponge every time celtics fans deface a memorial 

If that's what you want to think then crack on, I just think you being so flippant regarding the damage done to the memorials is more than a bit cunty.

Oh and i didn't see Celtic fans comment coming at all, caught me off guard there. 😐  🤣

26 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

And we collectively condemned it and collectively raised money to help with the repair works .

It was just some benches an hour ago. Way to go with the condemnation 👍

Edited by Jinky67

18 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Maybe. Just as a Saints fan it felt pretty similar to games we've had against Celtic where we've nullified them pretty well and our keepers having a stormer. They always have some quality on the bench to come on (Dembele/Griffiths/Elyounossi all individually dragged them back into games against us), Scott Wright and Roofe don't hold the same fear, and there was nothing beyond those two on your bench tbh.

I’d agree that we’ve a way to go if we want to be matching the consistency of Celtic under Rodgers, but that kind of period was a bit of an anomaly rather than the norm and they paid handsomely for that kind of squad they put together.

Even pre-2012 I don’t imagine there would’ve been many seasons at all where we’d be sitting with only 2 domestic defeats going into May.

I think the performances we’ve put in across the course of the season had fans almost demanding a league and cup double which is why it’s a hard one to take. The truth is that since winning the league and exiting the Europa we’ve not really hit the heights of our earlier season form for whatever reason but I’m content with how the squad is shaping up.

24 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

If that's what you want to think then crack on, I just think you being so flippant regarding the damage done to the memorials is more than a bit cunty.

Oh and i didn't the Celtic fans comment coming at all, caught me off guard there. 🤣

It was just some benches an hour ago. Way to go with the condemnation 👍

see to be honest again I couldn’t care less what you think . I have condemned the bench incident at the time and still do just now as I do any sort of needless vandalism . 

all I done was point out that no war memorial was vandalised as poster originally pointed out at the beginning of this mind numbing debate 

Edited by Forever_blueco