Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

2 hours ago, thepundit said:

Caixinha set to name Bazza as his number 3 according to the Sun. Wouldn't be against that but thought Murty would have been given the role.

Murty impressed me and showed more nous that Warburton did this season.  I'd much prefer him to Baz.

24 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Murty impressed me and showed more nous that Warburton did this season.  I'd much prefer him to Baz.

Murty wants to develop younger players rather than coach first team ?

4 hours ago, thepundit said:

Caixinha set to name Bazza as his number 3 according to the Sun. Wouldn't be against that but thought Murty would have been given the role.

I hope not, he's already undermined one manager.

Murty might want to stay with the youngsters for a while yet tho I'd have no probs with him working with the first team.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Keith Jackson (I know I know) tweeted earlier to say that Ferguson was "bewildered" by suggestions he had meetings with the manager.

Wouldn't be like Keith to be wrong.........

4 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Keith Jackson (I know I know) tweeted earlier to say that Ferguson was "bewildered" by suggestions he had meetings with the manager.

Wouldn't be like Keith to be wrong.........

Aye, I read that on FF and given the reporter, the publication and the ex player the only bit I would give any credence to is the notion of wee Baz being 'bewildered' - though you could slot that in to any story about him since he hung up his boots.

9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Aye, I read that on FF and given the reporter, the publication and the ex player the only bit I would give any credence to is the notion of wee Baz being 'bewildered' - though you could slot that in to any story about him since he hung up his boots.

Jackson is pretty shameless when it comes to throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks.  If I had to pick between Barry Ferguson lying to him or Jackson just inventing stuff I know where my choice would lie.

At the same time though Ferguson may have been told to keep quiet and, to protect his new role, may have just told Jackson to bolt.

9 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Jackson is pretty shameless when it comes to throwing shit at the wall and hoping it sticks.  If I had to pick between Barry Ferguson lying to him or Jackson just inventing stuff I know where my choice would lie.

At the same time though Ferguson may have been told to keep quiet and, to protect his new role, may have just told Jackson to bolt.

I'm firmly of the view that Barry, terrific player though he was, will be nowhere near Pedro's management coterie.

If I'm wrong I will personally take my lighter to @bennett's Ibrox smartcard

16 hours ago, Staggie_93 said:

Billy Gilmour on his way to Chelsea for £625k..? Very poor choice of club that, will be punted to a rake of English diddy's before ending up in the Scottish Championship.

If I were to pick one team to avoid at all costs for a youngster it would be Chelsea.  They pretty much never graduate academy kids to being first team regulars and hoard players to loan them out all over europe.  The Chelsea Academy should be renamed Uncle Roman's Player Leasing service

17 hours ago, Staggie_93 said:

Billy Gilmour on his way to Chelsea for £625k..? Very poor choice of club that, will be punted to a rake of English diddy's before ending up in the Scottish Championship.

£8k a week and a house down there for his parents is the rumour circulating in a few places. If true then you really can't blame the boy for moving there. Most of us would probably snort Abramovics farts in public for that kind of money.

56 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

If I were to pick one team to avoid at all costs for a youngster it would be Chelsea.  They pretty much never graduate academy kids to being first team regulars and hoard players to loan them out all over europe.  The Chelsea Academy should be renamed Uncle Roman's Player Leasing service

They develop players at other clubs to sell on in the future.  The lad will have the chance to play in many different climates that Chelsea send him to whilst setting him up securely.  I would argue it's a decent choice of club. 

On 3/21/2017 at 17:19, thepundit said:

I've always thought of young Bazza as a number 2.

• 2 weeks later...

JJ is the no. 3 coach.  

Really pleased with the appointment, was one of the names I was hoping for

https://rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/johansson-caixinhas-assistant/

RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB is delighted to confirm Jonatan Johansson as an assistant coach at the Club.

Currently working as assistant manager with Finland’s national team, Jonatan brings a wealth of experience to the role and his extensive knowledge of Scottish football will be invaluable to the new management team.

Johansson spent three successful years at Ibrox between 1997 and 2000 – scoring 25 times in 71 appearances – with 18 of his strikes coming during the Treble-winning campaign of season 1998-99.

Johansson’s career began in Finland with Pargas IF before switching to TPS and FC Flora ahead of his move to Glasgow and he also enjoyed a productive spell in the English Premier League with Charlton Athletic followed by a loan spell at Norwich City.

Malmo in Sweden was his next destination but he returned to Scotland to feature for Hibs and St Johnstone before ending his playing career back at TPS in 2011.

As a coach, Jonatan spent three years in charge of Motherwell’s under-20 side – between 2012 and 2015 – before landing the Finland number two job in December.

He retired with 106 full international caps for his country and is looking forward to taking up his new role with the Light Blues.

Don't know much about how JJ's been doing in his various coaching roles but he always speaks well when you hear him interviewed.  Good appointment.

"Don't know how JJ has been doing"

"Good appointment"

[emoji85]