Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Seen a lot of Alves this season and he's been alright, no more. Was a bit of a coup when Cagliari got him last year, but they don't seem too fussed about letting him go, which maybe tells it's own story - As RG said, he was part of an awful defence this season. But, despite his advancing years he seems pretty fit, he only missed two Serie A games all season (playing every minute of the rest), one due to suspension and the other on the final day when he was left out. He's on a pretty hefty wage though, about 800,000 euro a year after tax. Along with a fee to pay, it's a lot of money for a guy at his age.

Did score this cracker (About 3:05 in) against Bologna though...

7 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

If we can get Dorrans on his game, he is one of the most technically gifted players I have seen.

Allow me to be sceptical.  Perm any three from Barton, Niko, Rossiter, Crooks, Holt, Halliday, Toral, Windass and Forrester and we had a midfield that would be knocked over by a stocking-full of diarrhoea.  That's 9 midfielders who were rank and all of whom were on big wages.  A total embarrassment.

We don't need an 'on his game' midfielder but a grumpy wee bloke (ideally ginger) who can put in the hard yards.  It certainly isn't Dorrans.  It probably isn't Union Jack either.  Maybe Kenny McLean?

9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

We don't need an 'on his game' midfielder but a grumpy wee bloke (ideally ginger) who can put in the hard yards.  It certainly isn't Dorrans.  It probably isn't Union Jack either.  Maybe Kenny McLean?

Do Rangers fans actually watch any of the players they're constantly linking with their club?

Alves being described as an "organiser", Jack as a "Hard man" and now McLean as a "grumpy hard working midfielder". Literally every definition is the exact opposite of what they are.

Look at Alves' tan. He's middle aged. He's had a good career. He wants the slow Mediterranean life.
No way will he be up for a half time cuppa tea and 2 jammy dodgers after taking a few flying elbows on a freezing October night in Perth.

Decent potential for head's gone I'd say.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Do Rangers fans actually watch any of the players they're constantly linking with their club?

Alves being described as an "organiser", Jack as a "Hard man" and now McLean as a "grumpy hard working midfielder". Literally every definition is the exact opposite of what they are.

None of this was mentioned on this thread.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

None of this was mentioned on this thread.

I've never once said it was.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:
  • Sorry.  I assued you were refering to the thread.  I should have known better.

I've learned you have to be specific when quoting you at this time of night, else you get dragged into a multi-hour dredge of a "conversation"

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've learned you have to be specific when quoting you at this time of night, else you get dragged into a multi-hour dredge of a "conversation"

If you use "multi-hour dredge" as a phrase then you clearly have learned heehaw.

24 minutes ago, Cerberus said:

Look at Alves' tan. He's middle aged. He's had a good career. He wants the slow Mediterranean life.
No way will he be up for a half time cuppa tea and 2 jammy dodgers after taking a few flying elbows on a freezing October night in Perth.

Decent potential for head's gone I'd say.

Middle aged, way to make me feel old.