Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 hour ago, Tartantony said:

If he was that great in Serie A he wouldn't be coming to Scotland. He'd have better offers from better clubs than Rangers.

like all your superstars then - scotty 'sub' sinclair and kolo "played less league games in three years than alvez managed last season" toure

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

rangers2012 main problem last season was conceding goals and not scoring enough goals pretty bad all round
alves could be a signing for Wilson and masterbates on the short term
rangers2012 still need a 20 goalscoring hero

'Sake Willy :lol:

1 hour ago, Dindeleux said:

Wasn't Davie Weir a player for the dead club?

If so then I also hope it's like signing Davie Weir.

yawn 5 years of talking utter shyte when every single decent source says sameclub and yet they still go about old clubs :thumsup2

Edited by nacho

1 hour ago, Tartantony said:

Nacho I get the impression that your delusion is grander than most.

you lot convincing yourselves that this seasons bang average celtic team is somehow one of your greatest ever is the greatest delusion of all,  5 or 6 players of alvezs standard would be enough to make it neck and neck for the title, the league was the weakest it has ever been last season

2 hours ago, nacho said:

just you enjoy finishing ahead of us in the league for the first time in 30 years, that will be the last time it happens

I'm intrigued by this.

Even if we allow continuation, Rangers finished behind 32 clubs in 2013.  22 were above them in 2014.  They were behind 14 others in 2015 and 12 others in 2016. This season, two clubs finished above Rangers.  Aberdeen was one of them, as was the case during every other season mentioned.

Where do you think Rangers have been finishing in relation to Aberdeen of late?

you lot convincing yourselves that this seasons bang average celtic team is somehow one of your greatest ever is the greatest delusion of all,  5 or 6 players of alvezs standard would be enough to make it neck and neck for the title, the league was the weakest it has ever been last season

As I said, you are deluded

4 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

As I said, you are deluded

1 minute ago, nsr said:

Or a troll.

Yet another The Rangers thread going down the BRALT route.  I, for one, am happy with Alves.  Long time since we had a 'blood and snotters' centre half.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm intrigued by this.

Even if we allow continuation, Rangers finished behind 32 clubs in 2013.  22 were above them in 2014.  They were behind 14 others in 2015 and 12 others in 2016. This season, two clubs finished above Rangers.  Aberdeen was one of them, as was the case during every other season mentioned.

He did say "in the league", to be fair, which would suggest he was talking about whilst both teams we competing in the same division. :)

I don't agree it will be the last time it happens but I'm certainly confident they won't finish ahead of Rangers for a long long time.

You're brilliant.

Good luck in next weeks election.

2 minutes ago, thepundit said:

He did say "in the league", to be fair, which would suggest he was talking about whilst both teams we competing in the same division. :)

Yes thepundit.  The league actually consists of various divisions ranked in a hierarchical structure though.  I'd hoped you might have learned this by now, but it's not that massive a surprise that you've not.

8 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes thepundit.  The league actually consists of various divisions ranked in a hierarchical structure though.  I'd hoped you might have learned this by now, but it's not that massive a surprise that you've not.

Aye okay. You're right, but your point is irrelevant in terms of a point that was initially made about 2 teams being in the same league. 

Anyways, I shouldn't have pointed out your error because now you'll be wanting to go round in circles for the next 5 hours and I can't be bothered. :)

Back to talking about Rangers' quality signings......

Edited by thepundit

4 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Aye okay. You're right, but your point is irrelevant in terms of a point that was initially made about 2 teams being in the same league. 

Anyways, I shouldn't have pointed out your error because now you'll be wanting to go round in circles for the next 5 hours and I can't be bothered. :)

Back to talking about Rangers' quality signings......

I didn't make an error, which is why you had to concede that I was right.

I will happily discuss Rangers' quality signings the moment they make some.