Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Some people never learn, I thought that after the #goingfor55 pish last season they might reign it in a bit but obviously not, one over the hill foreigner and they're wetting their pants in excitement.

2 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Some people never learn, I thought that after the #goingfor55 pish last season they might reign it in a bit but obviously not, one over the hill foreigner and they're wetting their pants in excitement.

To be fair, thepundit is not to be taken remotely seriously, ever.

His ludicrously optimistic proclamations and predictions have been a terribly reliable and uplifting staple on these boards for a few years now.  I'd hate it if he stopped.

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

To be fair, thepundit is not to be taken remotely seriously, ever.

Steady, MT.  Young pundy is everybear...a well-behaved, good-humoured optimist who loves his team..just like the rest of us.

Some people never learn, I thought that after the #goingfor55 pish last season they might reign it in

I was wrong, so wrong. All it took was one signing and that 39 point deficit has evaporated.

#goingfor55

IMG_1496259495.435834.jpg

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Steady, MT.  Young pundy is everybear...a well-behaved, good-humoured optimist who loves his team..just like the rest of us.

Good humoured I'll give you.   He surely isn't serious after all.

His levels of optimism outstrip those of anyone else on here wildly.

3 hours ago, Tartantony said:

Bennet the reason you lost them is because your club make risky signings to please the fans. .

Risky signings to please the fans" They made signings to strengthen the starting 11 and squad, " pleasing the fans" is just a meaningless soundbite.

4 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Aye but remember that this is a board which detests fans celebrating their club's success.

"Celebrating like they've won the xxxx"  is a stock phrase of those who want to suck the joy out of football.

18 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Really?.... 

All I did was complain for most of the reign of the previous management team and when Rangers hired Caixinha I said he'd have left by next season and we'd be no further forward. If that's your definition of wild optimism your version of pessimism must be woeful. :)

Still, I'm obviously not going to hope the team fail so of course they'll have my full support. 

Edited by thepundit

34 minutes ago, thepundit said:

Really?.... 

All I did was complain for most of the reign of the previous management team and when Rangers hired Caixinha I said he'd have left by next season and we'd be no further forward. If that's your definition of wild optimism your version of pessimism must be woeful. :)

Still, I'm obviously not going to hope the team fail so of course they'll have my full support. 

My favourite was when you thought Rangers were set to catch then overtake Hearts during the death throes of McCoist's reign.

At what point will the Sevconians move to the acceptance state and realise they are never going to catch Celtic, barring a similar financial collapse at Porkheid?

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Yet another The Rangers thread going down the BRALT route.  I, for one, am happy with Alves.  Long time since we had a 'blood and snotters' centre half.

Hes not remotely close to being a "blood and snotters" centre half.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Did you ask Harry Kane?

So you're basing an entire prediction on a player on one mistimed tackle, taken from a game where he was ragdolled until then? He struggled physically in Serie A last season.