Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

12 minutes ago, nacho said:

just you enjoy finishing ahead of us in the league for the first time in 30 years, that will be the last time it happens, the way its going for you lot with players leaving you will be lucky to make top 6

Bottom 6 but didn't die 8)

16 minutes ago, shootingboots said:

Hearing Bruno Alves is on £12k p/w. 

Never learn rangers, never learn.

I'm guessing that you have some top footballing sources

17 minutes ago, Widge said:

Tbf he can't be any worse than that awful Bates character. He's comically bad!

Really? Maybe it shows how bad kiernan is but i thought he was doing ok for a youngster, imo the problem was a lightweight midfield getting brushed asides.

35 minutes ago, nacho said:

kranjcar was our best player in the last couple of games before he got injured, barton was pish, alves is a higher quality player by far than both of them, he has the pedigree and played 36 games in one of the best leagues in europe last season and for his country, every players a risk but hes our biggest signing for years, a real statement of intent

Folk forget that for most of last season we'd lost most of our first choice midfielders and had to rely on championship  level players. 

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

Folk forget that for most of last season we'd lost most of our first choice midfielders and had to rely on championship  level players. 

Your first choice midfielders were also horsed 5-1 by Celtic.

Just in case folk forget :1eye

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

I'm guessing that you have some top footballing sources

Really? Maybe it shows how bad kiernan is but i thought he was doing ok for a youngster, imo the problem was a lightweight midfield getting brushed asides.

These were players that were brought in to play in the Premiership hence why most still have two, three years of their contracts still to go. Looks like a build for the future and with Rangers the future when they were brought in would be the top of the Premiership and playing in Europe every season. I would have thought they were Premiership level given they were relied on and helped get you to 3rd place in the Premiership. 

7 minutes ago, CityDave said:

These were players that were brought in to play in the Premiership hence why most still have two, three years of their contracts still to go. Looks like a build for the future and with Rangers the future when they were brought in would be the top of the Premiership and playing in Europe every season. I would have thought they were Premiership level given they were relied on and helped get you to 3rd place in the Premiership. 

Squad cover for Premiership games but not starting 11, hence why other players were signed. Halliday and Holt have punched above their weight for large parts of the season but imo aren't Premiership level midfielders.

3 minutes ago, bennett said:

Squad cover for Premiership games but not starting 11, hence why other players were signed. Halliday and Holt have punched above their weight for large parts of the season but imo aren't Premiership level midfielders.

Who are Premiership level players if those to for example aren't, include players from other teams?

Bennet the reason you lost them is because your club make risky signings to please the fans. All of your big signings were a risk. Barton is a nutcase, Kranjcar had fitness issues, Rossiter had hardly kicked a ball for 2 years due to injuries, Senderos was done years ago and Hill was 38. It was no surprise whatsoever that most didn't work out.

Its looking like history is repeating itself a year on. A 35 year old centre half who looks great on paper (He might be a great signing) and an inury prone Dorrans who has barely played for 3 years. Ryan Jack for me would be the only reliable signing and even then he's not the sort of player to challenge us right now.

Rangers would rather go bust trying to appear like they are competing with Celtic rather than taking their medicine, living within their means and building towards success in the future. We had to do it in the 90s and now we are reaping the benefits.

They finished mid table but Cagliari had a -21 goal difference last season due to conceded 76 goals in 38 league matches.  To put that into context that's 5 more goals than Inverness last term in the same number of games, or 8 more goals than Motherwell who's defence was absolutely honking.

Conjecture but perhaps Cagliari were thinking "We had a decent season but we need to stop throwing goals in....maybe we should ditch the old has been....anyone got the number of a gullible diddy club?"

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

You have to bear in mind that "He'll be a good signing for Rangers.  Best of luck to the guy" has been said by nae c**t ever on P&B.  We could sign Messi, Neymar and Ronaldo on free transfers for £500 a week plus a sausage supper each and the comments would be along the lines of, "They'll be fun oot on the 0.5G pitch at NDP"

He'll be a good signing, good luck to the guy.  

He'll be a superb hatchet man, an absolutely typical rangers(RIP) player. I imagine you'll get a good couple of months out of him before it starts getting cold and rainy, then he'll be injured for the rest of the season. Effective if nasty and a bit of a liability on the park for a few months then a huge leaden weight dragging the scum back down to oblivion.

Good luck to the guy, I hope he doesn't injure any of our players.