Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

7 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

It was a great goal, no doubt about it. I just think you re-do both scenarios over and over, out of 100 times you'd get Roofe's happening significantly more than Defoe's. 

I think, slightly annoyingly for Defoe, because he doesn’t break stride with it and meets it so effortlessly it doesn’t look as impressive

36 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Your goal of the season should have been Defoe, IMO. 

I’d have thought you’d be bigging up Tav’s free kick against the DABs... 

14 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Nah that's just a long speculative punt.

f**k off! 😄

Ryan Jack’s touch and volley v Killie defo a contender for me. 

19 minutes ago, velo army said:

Aye they should have just given him the Puskas award there and then. He rounded a couple of players and then melted it over the keeper. Tremendous effort.

Pretty sure a player beat his distance in the following weeks Europa league fixtures . But it was from a free kick and he noticed the keeper was away ordering a bovril at the time 

Edited by Forever_blueco

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I see that The PFA have put together their team of the season - which is basically us augmented by Ajer, Turnbull and Eduard:

Edouard is fair enough but Ajer is a joke - we'd have shipped more goals had we played him in place of Helander.  As for Turnbull?  Definitely got promise but needs to play in a better team.  Plus he didn't have a better season than Aribo.

Thoughts?

11 old firm players. As well just making it the full Rangers team, they can make it the full Celtic team next time they win the league.

2 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

11 old firm players. As well just making it the full Rangers team, they can make it the full Celtic team next time they win the league.

I put it up as a discussion starter.  You've had a decent season -and an excellent one if you win the cup.  Apart from us, you are the only team to try and play attractive football on a consistent basis.

Which Hibs players would you have in the Team of the Year?

9 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

It’s beyond me how any Celtic player got in a team of the season. 

15 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I put it up as a discussion starter.  You've had a decent season -and an excellent one if you win the cup.  Apart from us, you are the only team to try and play attractive football on a consistent basis.

I’d say if you had a young team of the year Doig would be a shoo-in.  Would probably get a fairly good spread from across all the teams as well.

5 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Boyle and Nisbet have had excellent seasons and deserved to be in the mix. Doig won YPOTY, Marciano has been good also, but I accept McGregor has been comfortably the no.1 keeper in the country. Outside of Hibs, there's certainly a couple of St. Johnstone players, McCann especially who deserve a mention.

It wasn't a dig at yourself, just the predictable, narrow Glasgow centric outcome. I accept that Rangers have had an extraordinary season in the league, but even comparing it to the team of the year in 2017, when Celtic won an unbeaten treble, there were 4 Aberdeen players and a Partick Thistle player. The following season, another comfortable Celtic title, saw only 3 of their players make it, while there was representation from half the league.

57 minutes ago, Orbix said:

I think, slightly annoyingly for Defoe, because he doesn’t break stride with it and meets it so effortlessly it doesn’t look as impressive

I'm pretty sure that, after Defoe's goal, @KnightswoodBearwas looking in to the legalities of marrying a piece of video footage.

22 minutes ago, Orbix said:

I’d say if you had a young team of the year Doig would be a shoo-in.  Would probably get a fairly good spread from across all the teams as well.

Yeah it's been a good season for young players.

17 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Boyle and Nisbet have had excellent seasons and deserved to be in the mix. Doig won YPOTY, Marciano has been good also, but I accept McGregor has been comfortably the no.1 keeper in the country. Outside of Hibs, there's certainly a couple of St. Johnstone players, McCann especially who deserve a mention.

It wasn't a dig at yourself, just the predictable, narrow Glasgow centric outcome. I accept that Rangers have had an extraordinary season in the league, but even comparing it to the team of the year in 2017, when Celtic won an unbeaten treble, there were 4 Aberdeen players and a Partick Thistle player. The following season, another comfortable Celtic title, saw only 3 of their players make it, while there was representation from half the league.

I wasn't feeling got at - and certainly one could make a case for a front three from the five of Kent, Morelos, Edouard , Nisbet and Boyle.

Weegie-centric?  Well it's the players' award so not sure about that.

A nice outbreak of fitba chat there. Well done to all involved.

However, watching STV News and then Scotland Tonight there, it’s nice to see The Rangers FC (club and fans) getting the fucks pilloried right outy them from senior police officers, MPs, and poliitical commentators alike.

:thumsup2

14 minutes ago, Henrik's tongue said:

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Henpecked Henry desperate to keep the narrative flowing.

Away and start a Celtic POTY discussion on your own thread...after you've scrolled down far enough to find it.

22 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Henpecked Henry desperate to keep the narrative flowing.

Away and start a Celtic POTY discussion on your own thread...after you've scrolled down far enough to find it.

:unsure2:

10 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

image.png

great photo that, sums up a lot about whats wrong with spending all your time on  phones/recording videos you will generally never watch again

The other thing that stands out compared to the rest in the photo is look how calm and relaxed she looks , shes in the moment perfect zen. 

32 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

great photo that, sums up a lot about whats wrong with spending all your time on  phones/recording videos you will generally never watch again

The other thing that stands out compared to the rest in the photo is look how calm and relaxed she looks , shes in the moment perfect zen. 

Agreed. Live in the moment.