Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I love this overconfidence. It reared its head to royally bite Celtic on the arse last season in calamitous fashion. Let’s hope it happens again.

Are you still confident when the reason you win most old firm games is potentially out with Covid? 

Having players out isolating or with Covid impacted us in the 1st game and these are key players you have mentioned

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Tavernier potentially having COVID-19 is a blessing !!! Oh dear !!

Goes without saying i hope they are all ok and with them all being double jabbed they should hopefully suffer mild if any symptoms

Lets not turn it into something it isn’t 

5 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Are you still confident when the reason you win most old firm games is potentially out with Covid? 

Having players out isolating or with Covid impacted us in the 1st game and these are key players you have mentioned

Sorry, what/who is the reason we win most old firm games?

Edited by AJF

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Sorry, what is the reason we win most old firm games?

Allan McGregor. Half the games you win are attributed to this arsehole having an absolute blinder. 

He just seems to make ridiculous saves in the same way Goram used to

Boils my piss 😂

Edited by Jinky67

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Allan McGregor. Half the games you win are attributed to this arsehole having an absolute blinder.

😂 no way am I having that. The reason we have won most games against you recently is because we’ve been the better team. He made an outstanding save against Griffiths in the new year game last season, but you’re trying to tell me he was the main difference between the two teams recently? Away and don’t talk rubbish.

Edited by AJF

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

😂 no way am I having that. The reason we have won most games against you recently is because we’ve been the better team. He made an outstanding save against Griffiths in the new year game last season, but you’re trying to tell me he was the main difference between the two teams recently? Away and don’t talk rubbish.

The New Year game he was outstanding (you know the game you won without having a single shot on target) as he was in the 1-1 game in March at CP. Both of those games if not for McGregor….Allan that is 😉 could easily have went our way.

You don’t have to like it but doesn’t make it any less true

Edited by Jinky67

1 minute ago, Jinky67 said:

The New Year game he was outstanding  as he was in the 1-1 game in March at CP. Both of those games if not for McGregor could easily have went our way.

You don’t have to like it but doesn’t make it any less true

The new year game Celtic had a grand total of 3 shots on target the full game, none after the 25th minute. Admittedly he made an outstanding save but to attribute this and the March match as the main reason that we’ve been beating Celtic recently is disingenuous.

He faced 0 shots on goal in the 2-0 victory and aside from the matches mentioned above, we then went on to beat Celtic 4-1 and 2-0. Our accumulated score against Celtic last season was 10-2. But aye, McGregor was the main difference…

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

The new year game Celtic had a grand total of 3 shots on target the full game, none after the 25th minute. Admittedly he made an outstanding save but to attribute this and the March match as the main reason that we’ve been beating Celtic recently is disingenuous.

He faced 0 shots on goal in the 2-0 victory and aside from the matches mentioned above, we then went on to beat Celtic 4-1 and 2-0. Our accumulated score against Celtic last season was 10-2. But aye, McGregor was the main difference…

He was in those 2 games yes and that’s what i said. I never implied he was the reason you won the first or last games, we were shite in both and got deservedly battered. You’re getting a tad defensive here  😂

If this turns out to be true and Rangers are struggling for a keeper i’m sure we can do an emergency loan and and give you Barkas 

Edited by Jinky67

8 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

He was in those 2 games yes and that’s what i said. I never implied he was the reason you won the first or last games, we were shite in both and got deservedly battered. You’re getting a tad defensive here  😂

If this turns out to be true and Rangers are struggling for a keeper i’m sure we can do an emergency loan and and give you Barkas 

It’s not defensive, it’s just challenging the claim you made that McGregor is the main reason that we’ve won most old firm games recently. I respectfully disagree with it.

We’ve arguably had the better of Celtic in old firm matches going back to 2019. I don’t think McGregor is the main reason, Gerrard/our coaching team is.

Edit - I knew I’d heard similar before:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/19457574.john-collins-claims-celtic-beaten-rangers-title-last-season-switched-keepers/

Edited by AJF