Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

38 minutes ago, bennett said:

Morelos apparently returning early from international duty with a muscle injury.

Seen that. Major fear if he’s out of the game next weekend 🙈

1 minute ago, edinabear said:

You really have to be an absolute braindead simpleton to think a musical instrument is bigoted! 

I think context here quite clearly gives it a religious association, but that’s not enough for it to be deemed sectarian or bigoted, in my opinion anyway.

32 minutes ago, AJF said:

That’s the thing though, the OO itself is not an anti catholic hate group (no laughing at the back please). 

We are laughing everywhere not just at the back.

An organisation that stands to campaign against Catholic worship, has its member declare the never have been a RC or papist and even today don’t allow members to marry a practising Catholic 

Yeah they are a beacon of tolerance and inclusivity 

16 hours ago, edinabear said:

You really have to be an absolute braindead simpleton to think a musical instrument is bigoted! 

You have to be a complete simpleton to be ignorant to the context.

Gazza could claim ignorance when he 1st done it, he can’t now and is pandering to the fuckwit orange element of your support. It isn’t a bigoted gesture in itself but add context of where it is and to whom then it is a really really stupid thing to do and incites a sectarian response however Gazza will do just about anything to be liked. I wish I could feel sorry for him but I don’t 

Edited by Jinky67

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

You simply refuse to criticise anything to do with Rangers, even when you know you should.

Having a go at his alcohol issues doesn't seem right to me, I'm probably in a minority here.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

I’ve not said it was ok, I said it was lazy and needless pandering. I just don’t believe the gesture alone is sufficient enough to be deemed bigoted or sectarian.

As I mentioned, it panders to those who are bigoted or sectarian, but again, not everyone that uses a flute to celebrate their faith will be bigoted.

Maybe I’m wrong, I just couldn’t see someone making a flute gesture being convicted of a crime motivated by hate.

Again though, I’m not saying it was okay and he shouldn’t have done it.

You’re normally a very decent poster on here, but just stop now with this shite.

3 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

You have to be a complete simpleton to be ignorant to the context.

Gazza could claim ignorance when he 1st done it, he can’t now and is pandering to the fuckwit orange element of your support. It isn’t a bigoted gesture but it is a really really stupid thing to do however Gazza will do just about anything to be liked. I wish I could feel sorry for him but I don’t 

The very last people on the planet that anyone should be bothered about offending are Celtic fans and their cultish, religious origins 

3 minutes ago, edinabear said:

The very last people on the planet that anyone should be bothered about offending are Celtic fans and their cultish, religious origins 

Care to explain what those cultish, religious origins are and make yourself look even more intolerant?

4 minutes ago, bennett said:

That's the only point that I made regarding this, maybe you missed the point.

You were replying to a post that called him bigoted and alcoholic. You didn’t specify which term you were referring to.

12 minutes ago, edinabear said:

You don’t think that Catholics who have nothing to do with Celtic Football Club may have been offended?

1 hour ago, AJF said:

That’s the thing though, the OO itself is not an anti catholic hate group (no laughing at the back please).

I had it explained to me in my younger years from someone in it that said while they are obviously pro-Protestant faith, there is no official stance on being anti-Catholic and they believe there should be tolerance of differing religions whilst disagreeing with them. The overriding purpose was to promote a belief in their god and Protestant ascendancy. They obviously acknowledge a large portion of members sadly will hold sectarian beliefs, but again, not all of them do which is why I don’t think the gesture alone would be considered sectarian.

I mentioned a criminal act because if it was deemed a sectarian gesture then whoever done it would be guilty of abusive sectarian behaviour which I believe is a criminal offence in Scotland?

You’re a decent guy but I think one day it’s going to hit you square in the face just how much you’ve turned a blind eye to for your club.