Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

8 minutes ago, AJF said:

Oh I don’t disagree, the recruitment seems to have been very poor in the summer, Butland aside.

What I was getting at though is the level of spending didn’t match up what we thought we’d be getting. I’m sure Beale mentioned at the tail end of last season he’d have a significant amount of funds made available to him which was before any outgoings could be accounted for. I wouldn’t regard £3m as significant relative to our squad, hence the net spend comment. It wasn’t to claim that our squad was weakened due to loss of talent which is what our previous net spend debates have been about regarding Celtic.

I don’t think Beale is fully at fault here though, he’s a novice manager and the club should have a better infrastructure around him to support him but he naively bought into the bullshit fed to him by a very disingenuous board.

Edited by Jinky67

Just now, Jinky67 said:

I don’t think Beale is fully at fault here though, he’s a novice manager and the club should have a better infrastructure around him to support him as he naively bought into the bullshit fed to him by a very disingenuous board.

Yep, it’s hard to disagree, but I think it goes both ways too.

The board are influenced as much by Beale (transfer and playing strategy aspirations) as he is influenced by them.

Both parties have to take blame here, IMO.

3 minutes ago, AJF said:

That’s the Twitter murmurs started to claim Beale is away. Whether they’re true is another matter.

Seems likely since its coming from the "unofficial club partners" who feed a lot of to fans that the club want them to know.

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

Steven Davis heading the interim management team including Alex Rae.

Oh boy

The club is pleased to announce that Steven Davis will lead the interim management team. The team will consist of former Rangers player and hugely experienced coach Alex Rae, former Rangers player and current coach Steven Smith, coach Brian Gilmour, and goalkeeping coach, Colin Stewart.

That's hugely experienced coach Alex Rae to you.

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

Steven Davis heading the interim management team including Alex Rae.

Oh boy

Hopefully we’ll get Sutton calling him the Rangers cheerleader again. 

Edited by Lyle Lanley