Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

2 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Remember when I told you your points per game argument being indicative of a gap closing was a complete fallacy?

smug top gear GIF

You mean, the argument I made that was actually criticising Beale, pointing out our regression since last season where I never once said the gap was closing? That argument?

You’re worse than @Grangemouth Bairnfor making up stuff that I never said.

Far be it from me to try to understand the minds of The Rangers supporters or board, but maybe Kincardine or Bennett can explain. Your cross city business partners are bigger, wealthier and the gap between the two is growing every year. What do you realistically expect to achieve, given the above? You may be much wealthier than Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs, but what makes you think that you have a right to win every game outwith the new Glasgow derby? 
Like every other top flight club, you can hope to win the odd cup, but the league is sewn up for the foreseeable future. Surely you all realise this?

7 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Far be it from me to try to understand the minds of The Rangers supporters or board, but maybe Kincardine or Bennett can explain. Your cross city business partners are bigger, wealthier and the gap between the two is growing every year. What do you realistically expect to achieve, given the above? You may be much wealthier than Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs, but what makes you think that you have a right to win every game outwith the new Glasgow derby? 
Like every other top flight club, you can hope to win the odd cup, but the league is sewn up for the foreseeable future. Surely you all realise this?

I think they really believe that "The Snake" won them the league and it wasn't gifted by an unhinged Neil Lennon.

This is good though as the fans now have expectations beyond their means.

13 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

This is one of the things that got me. Booing the team off after a 1-0 win against Motherwell who had 10 points from 5 games and were actually ahead of Rangers going into that game shows a spectacular sense of entitlement. They don't actually welcome competition and anything less than routine scuddings of 'the diddies' is seen as unacceptable. It must be a pretty sad existence if all you live for is being 3 or 4 up after an hour so you can nip off and get the subway. I get that they were down to 10 and 2-0 down on Saturday but the reaction to the goal to get back to 2-1, with half the crowd already gone, was one of apathy, rather than let's get behind the team and maybe rally them to an unlikely point or win. 

15 minutes ago, CambieBud said:

Far be it from me to try to understand the minds of The Rangers supporters or board, but maybe Kincardine or Bennett can explain. Your cross city business partners are bigger, wealthier and the gap between the two is growing every year. What do you realistically expect to achieve, given the above? You may be much wealthier than Aberdeen, Hearts and Hibs, but what makes you think that you have a right to win every game outwith the new Glasgow derby

I don't think I've said anything like that, obviously I don't like losing but it happens and you get over it. 

The managerial merry go round doesn't do us any favours,  winning the league and then getting to European cup final set expectations rather high.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

I don't think I've said anything like that, obviously I don't like losing but it happens and you get over it. 

The managerial merry go round doesn't do us any favours,  winning the league and then getting to European cup final set expectations rather high.

I think you and AJF on here are probably the exception to the rule though.

I personally thought that Beales comments about not losing to the likes of Aberdeen was incredibly disrespectful and he should have been taken to task over it . 

10 hours ago, DumbartonBud said:

Rae’s method of picking sides for the 5 aside at training was ‘good rangers guys’ v Celtic fans. ……… will be interesting to see how this turns out. 

There are 5 Celtic fans at Rangers? Or he pulled in Celtic fans off the street?

As an aside, glad I won't have to hear his stupid accent again.

ETA - soz, just clocked you're a St Mirren fan and assume you mean from his time there. Anything is possible with him/them.

Edited by RawB93

39 minutes ago, bennett said:

I wasn’t having a go at you Bennett. You are by far the most reasonable The Rangers fan on here. I know plenty of season ticket holders at Ibrox and some of them are also pretty reasonable. However some of the names the others are bandying about are ridiculous in the extreme. Arteta, Bielsa, Gerrard etc. Cloud cuckoo land. 

2 hours ago, AJF said:

You mean, the argument I made that was actually criticising Beale, pointing out our regression since last season where I never once said the gap was closing? That argument?

You’re worse than @Grangemouth Bairnfor making up stuff that I never said.

Being classed as worse than

@Jinky67. I don’t know if it’s my worst or proudest moment in my P&B career.

13 hours ago, CambieBud said:

They let their club die, They let their club die, They let their club die, They let their club die, They let their club die,They let their club die, They let their club die,

They let their club die, They let their club die, They let their club die, They let their club die, They let their club die,They let their club die, They let their club die,

HunsDiedindex.jpg.76659e330b1a44891ea8c24f7ff05f08.jpgHunsDiedindex.jpg.76659e330b1a44891ea8c24f7ff05f08.jpgHunsDiedindex.jpg.76659e330b1a44891ea8c24f7ff05f08.jpgHunsDiedindex.jpg.76659e330b1a44891ea8c24f7ff05f08.jpg

HunsDiedindex.jpg.76659e330b1a44891ea8c24f7ff05f08.jpgsorry everyone, couldn't help myself there..................

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

7 minutes ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

HunsDiedindex.jpg.76659e330b1a44891ea8c24f7ff05f08.jpgHunsDiedindex.jpg.76659e330b1a44891ea8c24f7ff05f08.jpgHunsDiedindex.jpg.76659e330b1a44891ea8c24f7ff05f08.jpgHunsDiedindex.jpg.76659e330b1a44891ea8c24f7ff05f08.jpg

HunsDiedindex.jpg.76659e330b1a44891ea8c24f7ff05f08.jpgsorry everyone, couldn't help myself there..................

What’s your point, caller?

15 hours ago, Stevie Kirk said:

I personally thought that Beales comments about not losing to the likes of Aberdeen was incredibly disrespectful and he should have been taken to task over it.

It was nothing more than a cheap dig to try and get the support onside. Just like every English football pundit seems contractually obliged to squeeze in the "best league in the world" line, it seems that every Rangers employee (and particularly those that don't have a Rangers background) must peddle the line that they are bigger/better/best.

On 02/10/2023 at 21:54, RawB93 said:

There are 5 Celtic fans at Rangers? Or he pulled in Celtic fans off the street?

As an aside, glad I won't have to hear his stupid accent again.

ETA - soz, just clocked you're a St Mirren fan and assume you mean from his time there. Anything is possible with him/them.

Fans of the street mate, that way they can give those ****** b*****ds a right good doing