Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

19 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

The more bitter of their fans (99%) will be raging with the arse licking of the SPFL and SFA.

And they'll be paying the SFA a small fortune for this too, probably covers Steve Clarke's wages.

43 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

And they'll be paying the SFA a small fortune for this too, probably covers Steve Clarke's wages.

Are they not having to pay for a certain standard of pitch to be laid at Hampden?

42 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Are they not having to pay for a certain standard of pitch to be laid at Hampden?

Aye, I’d heard it was some kind of fast acting pitch that takes less time to become playable or something like that. Not sure of the specifics. 

Edited by AJF

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Will probably affect any transfer activity that we had planned for this season.

On 02/07/2024 at 18:49, bennett said:

Injuries, usually out of position and he's not that fast. Though one of Beales biggest errors was loaning him out,  he's certainly a skilled player. 

He will probably pick up another injury pre season. 

Loan him out to County…

"all season ticket holders will be guaranteed a seat, comparable to their own, at the National Stadium for Premiership fixtures played there."

Given that the Ibrox stands are close to the pitch and Hampden ones are most certainly not, it'll be interesting to see how Mr Bennett covers that one.

43 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

"all season ticket holders will be guaranteed a seat, comparable to their own, at the National Stadium for Premiership fixtures played there."

Given that the Ibrox stands are close to the pitch and Hampden ones are most certainly not, it'll be interesting to see how Mr Bennett covers that one.

I think you’re maybe trying a wee bit too hard now. It’s not that much of a leap, Shirley? 

ST Main Stand - Hampden South

ST Broomloan - Rangers end

ST Sandy Jardine - North 

Those boys with a ST in the Copland though, I expect they’ll be conquering new territory ..

Edited by alta-pete

40 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Indeed.  "Comparable" = "Looking at the pitch from the same sort of angle.". 

3 hours ago, bennett said:

Will probably affect any transfer activity that we had planned for this season.

Life is tough when you are forced to play by the same contractual rules as the rest of the league isn’t it? 

4 hours ago, alta-pete said:

I think you’re maybe trying a wee bit too hard now. It’s not that much of a leap, Shirley? 

ST Sandy Jardine - North 

Those boys with a ST in the Copland though, I expect they’ll be conquering new territory ..

It's nice that you feel the need to go on the defensive. 

And, "Rangers end" 😂

9 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Life is tough when you are forced to play by the same contractual rules as the rest of the league isn’t it? 

This is such a shoe-horned comment that makes no sense at all 😅

9 hours ago, alta-pete said:

ST Sandy Jardine - North 

I actually think they will swap it so the Copland will be seated in the West Stand given that the Union Bears were planned to be seated in the Copland this season.

Edited by AJF

9 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

The Rangers. 
Getting down on one knee to the SFA.   
Paying them a small fortune. 

Lovely stuff 😆

Is there any confirmation anywhere that they are actually paying for it? With the types at the SFA, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they have offered it for free or ameven a pittance.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

I actually think they will swap it so the Copland will be seated in the West Stand given that the Union Bears were planned to be seated in the Copland this season.

Aye. I wasn’t being entirely serious…

1 minute ago, Alert Mongoose said:

Is there any confirmation anywhere that they are actually paying for it? With the types at the SFA, I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they have offered it for free or ameven a pittance.

Given the language in the statement about "negotiations", I think it'll be a given that we will be paying for it.