Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

3 hours ago, AJF said:

Kind of guessed we might see some movement on Tavernier given that he hasn’t featured in any pre-season games thus far. There were rumours early on of a move, but to Saudi, so it seems as though there is some weight behind the rumour of him departing.

The sad part is, while I agree it’s time to move him on, we will likely be weaker without him if no replacements come in.

The clubs are €1m apart on the valuation.

Apparently Trabzonspor have offered €3m but John Bennett is demanding €2m.

7 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

That wouldn't be the worst thing to happen. 

It would if you consider that he has been on the Morelos diet this summer!

2 hours ago, AJF said:

Looks like he's packed on a fair amount of bulk to me.

One of the photos in the thread shows his arms trying to burst through his training top.

1 hour ago, DukDukGoose said:

Looks like he's packed on a fair amount of bulk to me.

One of the photos in the thread shows his arms trying to burst through his training top.

Aye, to be fair he has been steadily bulking up since he joined Everton. It was quite noticeable when he played for Scotland not too long after he left Rangers that he'd put on a lot of muscle. That picture though just looks like he's enjoyed his summer a little too much 😅

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Aye, to be fair he has been steadily bulking up since he joined Everton. It was quite noticeable when he played for Scotland not too long after he left Rangers that he'd put on a lot of muscle. That picture though just looks like he's enjoyed his summer a little too much 😅

I definitely thought the latter but I think it's the neck and chin playing tricks on the eyes. Chin looks similar to the first pic.

Doesn't look so terrible here 

6 hours ago, AJF said:

Nathan Fatterson - Am I right!

Appears he has been left out for todays Friendly against Sligo.

Confirms one of either Dyche doesn't rate him or he's out recovering from a roast dinner.

An interesting thread which probably highlights the difficulty we will have in replacing Tavernier. I’m surprised his 23/24 stats remained this high as, certainly going by the eye test, he had a rather significant drop off.

We won’t be able to replicate his numbers with another right back, so we need to change our system so it’s shared amongst the team.

Edited by AJF

4 hours ago, AJF said:

An interesting thread which probably highlights the difficulty we will have in replacing Tavernier. I’m surprised his 23/24 stats remained this high as, certainly going by the eye test, he had a rather significant drop off.

We won’t be able to replicate his numbers with another right back, so we need to change our system so it’s shared amongst the team.

So to replace him, you need someone with a 100% penalty record, record assists, progressive touches and, crucially, a Level 3 NVQ in Construction Contracting Operations.

7 hours ago, AJF said:

Just get your new RB to take penalties and he'll hit double figures as well. 

2 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

Who's your best player? Is it still that Dijon guy you signed from like Stoke?

Philopecia Clement will be gone by January I reckon.

IMG_4541.jpeg

15 hours ago, bennett said:

We've really made a kunt of recruitment over the last few seasons,  that team is poor.

GS75D9ZWIAAsJsc?format=jpg&name=medium

This has to be one of the worst Rangers sides ever. They were poor last year and look even worse. 

The weakest position was striker and haven't even bothered to prioritise a new signing there. 

Top scorer (from right back) on his way out.

What a shambles. Clement will walk out by October