Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

13 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

:lol:

I ll be wearing my brand new Rangers Top. 

I ll be singing Loud n Proud 

And I'll be laughing at you if you end up buying last years top as this years kit knowing that your club already paid for it by the boycott and that Fat Mike is also getting half the profits from stock he already sold. :lol:

23 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

And I'll be laughing at you if you end up buying last years top as this years kit knowing that your club already paid for it by the boycott and that Fat Mike is also getting half the profits from stock he already sold. :lol:

Last seasons home kit will also be this seasons home kit. As for the stock already sold, completely negligible. Good news and a money spinner for Rangers no matter how desperately you try to spin it otherwise. 

As of 15.00 hrs, 21/6/2017 the new retail deal ensures that Rangers will be making money from retail sales that have already exploded, compared to the 10p in the £ nonsense that saw Rangers fans quite correctly refuse to purchase any merchandise that would line the Sports Direct bank account with Rangers getting practically nothing in return.

Expect to see quite a few more Rangers shirts being worn around the streets of Scotland and beyond than you have become used to over the last few years.

13 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Last seasons home kit will also be this seasons home kit. As for the stock already sold, completely negligible. Good news and a money spinner for Rangers no matter how desperately you try to spin it otherwise. 

As of 15.00 hrs, 21/6/2017 the new retail deal ensures that Rangers will be making money from retail sales that have already exploded, compared to the 10p in the £ nonsense that saw Rangers fans quite correctly refuse to purchase any merchandise that would line the Sports Direct bank account with Rangers getting practically nothing in return.

Expect to see quite a few more Rangers shirts being worn around the streets of Scotland and beyond than you have become used to over the last few years.

Do you not see the embarrassment of using last years kit in this age of consumerism? You and your fans are going to be laughed at and mocked because they are using last years fashion and every body else is in fashion with shiny new kits. :D

You do realise that the club ALREADY had to pay for unsold stock and that this might be a cunning plan to con you and yer dafty supporting mates into buying stock at full price when it should be hanging in the reduced section as last years pish. Even more embarrassing is that Fat Mike is also taking a cut because the stock in sitting in his warehouse waiting to be distributed to stupid supporters in bus loads being goaded on by Dodgy Dave to buy them in their thousands. :lol:

You might think it is a good deal for the club but for how long? we do not know the full details of the new contract but it's a fucking dead cert that Fat Mike is in the driving seat here. He held the contract by the baws and he didn't care a fucking jot because he got paid no matter what. Ashley only needed to take King to court and Dodgy Dave would have no option but to comply. And you think the shameless glib & liar got the better of Ashley?

18 minutes ago, hellbhoy said:

Do you not see the embarrassment of using last years kit in this age of consumerism? You and your fans are going to be laughed at and mocked because they are using last years fashion and every body else is in fashion with shiny new kits. :D

You do realise that the club ALREADY had to pay for unsold stock and that this might be a cunning plan to con you and yer dafty supporting mates into buying stock at full price when it should be hanging in the reduced section as last years pish. Even more embarrassing is that Fat Mike is also taking a cut because the stock in sitting in his warehouse waiting to be distributed to stupid supporters in bus loads being goaded on by Dodgy Dave to buy them in their thousands. :lol:

You might think it is a good deal for the club but for how long? we do not know the full details of the new contract but it's a fucking dead cert that Fat Mike is in the driving seat here. He held the contract by the baws and he didn't care a fucking jot because he got paid no matter what. Ashley only needed to take King to court and Dodgy Dave would have no option but to comply. And you think the shameless glib & liar got the better of Ashley?

2 Year kit deals are the norm, most, if not all of Celtics home kits have been 2 season deals. The current Rangers kit is on sale at £20, less than half price. Fat Mike will be taking his cut of these sales at the new rate, not the old 90p in the £. You do not know the details of the new contract, therefore you do not know that Ashley is in the driving seat. Who is to say that Ashley might have come to his senses and realised that getting say  30% of Rangers retail sales with a new deal, against 90% of virtually no sales is a good idea?

The court case would not have ended well for anyone. Had SD won, Rangers would have been stuck with the legal bill, whilst SD would have continued to sell virtually zero Rangers merchandise. Had Rangers won, SD would have been hit with the legal bill and a pile of Rangers merchandise that they would not be able to move, Rangers would still not get any revenue from merchandising.

Common sense has prevailed here, and again, no matter how you try to spin it, this is great news for Rangers, and bad news for those who hate us.

Just now, Jakes Pal said:

2 Year kit deals are the norm, most, if not all of Celtics home kits have been 2 season deals. The current Rangers kit is on sale at £20, less than half price. Fat Mike will be taking his cut of these sales at the new rate, not the old 90p in the £. You do not know the details of the new contract, therefore you do not know that Ashley is in the driving seat. Who is to say that Ashley might have come to his senses and realised that getting say  30% of Rangers retail sales with a new deal, against 90% of virtually no sales is a good idea?

The court case would not have ended well for anyone. Had SD won, Rangers would have been stuck with the legal bill, whilst SD would have continued to sell virtually zero Rangers merchandise. Had Rangers won, SD would have been hit with the legal bill and a pile of Rangers merchandise that they would not be able to move, Rangers would still not get any revenue from merchandising.

Common sense has prevailed here, and again, no matter how you try to spin it, this is great news for Rangers, and bad news for those who hate us.

I don't know how old you are Jake, but I remember the time when a strip wouldn't change for four or five years. The norm nowadays is change the strip every year to maximise profits from loyal fans who want to wear the latest design and modern society pressures the younger generation to be up to date and fashion conscious. Today's world is a different society from when I grew up.

Now back to is this really a good deal for Rangers? Sorry Jake, but it is my gut instinct this deal isn't all you hoped it might be. Something smells of shite especially when it comes to the shameless glib & liar. Something is hinting me that the details released by King is only for the unsold stock from last year and that the new kits getting released will be on more favourable terms to Ashley than Rangers. Just my opinion there. And I'm certain the new kits will be flying off the shelves when they come out.

13 hours ago, hellbhoy said:

Hostile take over, crippled the clubs finances back in 2014/2015 season asking the fans to boycott everything, lost the Nomad, struck of the stock exchange, the clubs accountants resigned, costly litigation in courts over a lot of things and releases unaudited accounts with figures that don't match officially audited accounts. Yip he has delivered. :lol:

yet here we are with a terrible 6 year retail deal down to one year on favorable terms, ashley gone from the club,  a whole new squad who are of a much better standard than we had before, almost all the court litigation which was caused by the previous board resolved and no debt

6 hours ago, hellbhoy said:

luckily we will have a new away kit and third kit to buy in a couple of months to save us from the embarassment of having to wear a year old kit :lol:

we paid for unsold stock on year one of the ashley deal , not last years kit, hope that clears it up for you. as for fat mike taking a cut, did you expect him to leave for nothing after cutting a 6 year terrible retail deal to one year, agreeing to disband rangers retail and giving the club an equal share of profits instead of 7p in the pound. ashley clearly not in the driving seat there, we the rangers fans beat him with the boycott and had him by the baws, we won and your pathetic attempts to spin are laughable :lol:

5 hours ago, hellbhoy said:

I don't know how old you are Jake, but I remember the time when a strip wouldn't change for four or five years. The norm nowadays is change the strip every year to maximise profits from loyal fans who want to wear the latest design and modern society pressures the younger generation to be up to date and fashion conscious. Today's world is a different society from when I grew up.

Now back to is this really a good deal for Rangers? Sorry Jake, but it is my gut instinct this deal isn't all you hoped it might be. Something smells of shite especially when it comes to the shameless glib & liar. Something is hinting me that the details released by King is only for the unsold stock from last year and that the new kits getting released will be on more favourable terms to Ashley than Rangers. Just my opinion there. And I'm certain the new kits will be flying off the shelves when they come out.

even if that is the case, we are free from ashley next year instead of five years down the line

Why would we be embarrassed by wearing a kit for two years? Has football really became a fashion show? I couldn't give a f**k. In fact i bought my top yesterday for £20. Out of all the shite spouted on here about Rangers, getting slagged for wearing a kit for 2 seasons is something I can live with.

yet here we are with a terrible 6 year retail deal down to one year on favorable terms, ashley gone from the club,  a whole new squad who are of a much better standard than we had before, almost all the court litigation which was caused by the previous board resolved and no debt

I don't want dragged into any of this shite, but it's quite an eye opener seeing how many Rangers fans on here, and on Twitter, repeating this line about how their squad is "far better" this season.

Nobody has a single clue how good Rangers will be this season

I don't want dragged into any of this shite, but it's quite an eye opener seeing how many Rangers fans on here, and on Twitter, repeating this line about how their squad is "far better" this season.

Nobody has a single clue how good Rangers will be this season

This.

There's folk on both sides, saying 'no mark foreigners' while the other side saying they are far better.

Anyone claiming they know how good they're going to be are lying. Apart from that rat Ryan jack.

This deal might be terrible for Rangers, it might be a case that every penny goes to SD this year, but the fact of the matter is that we had 4/5 years left of the deal with them, so whether the deal is any better this year, it certainly will be next year.

30 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I was going to take the morning off work to head off down to the Superstore and get my full home kit with #Hubris 8 on the back, but thank God I came on here first and made sure what the QC thought of the new deal.

How silly would I have looked?!

I am getting EBT on the back of mine