Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

There is a few on here want to give Murty the job?

Probably. But he has shown to be tactically inept, rarely able to change a game, sounds like he is out of depth in interviews and ultimately carries himself like he is a caretaker. No more than that. Seems a nice guy...

There is a few on here want to give Murty the job?

Most of them, up til last week anyway. [emoji23]

5 defeats in 11 home games. 7 in 21 this season and 9 in all his 25 games. Yeah, but he’s got Brendan’s number, 2 draws was it. [emoji23]

Looks like Goss, Murphy, Martin etc will be back south in the summer and the rebuilding job begins again. I can hardly wait.

On 15/03/2018 at 20:06, Drew Brees said:

Terry Hurlock on signing for rangers, souness etc.

Can you imagine what he would do to the plastic hardmen we have now like Scott Brown and Ryan Jack ?

Brown must be about 5ft 7" and 11 stone soaking wet. Probably his physical deficiency's are why he never got a move away from Scotland.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

Can you imagine what he would do to the plastic hardmen we have now like Scott Brown and Ryan Jack ?
Brown must be about 5ft 7" and 11 stone soaking wet. Probably his physical deficiency's is why he never got a move away from Scotland.

Probably

Probably. But he has shown to be tactically inept, rarely able to change a game, sounds like he is out of depth in interviews and ultimately carries himself like he is a caretaker. No more than that. Seems a nice guy...

Inept or inexperienced?

Everyone needs to learn their trade

28 minutes ago, TheLad said:

A youth coach thrown in at the deep end with horrendous injuries season and a bunch of loan players to fill the gaps, players like Herrera, cardoso, Alves etc..... Doesn't help matters.

Try and clear some players out in the summer, strengthen the squad a bit with a few more physical players and give Murty another season, can't be arsed bringing in another manager.

A youth coach thrown in at the deep end with horrendous injuries season and a bunch of loan players to fill the gaps, players like Herrera, cardoso, Alves etc..... Doesn't help matters.

Try and clear some players out in the summer, strengthen the squad a bit with a few more physical players and give Murty another season, can't be arsed bringing in another manager.

A youth coach thrown in at the deep end = out of his depth.
That's no use to anyone.

49 minutes ago, TheLad said:

A youth coach thrown in at the deep end = out of his depth.
That's no use to anyone.

Nonsense.  I'm not one to throw too many compliments Ibrox way.  But Murty has already shown a clear improvement from his predecessor.

Noticeable by all 3 games I've seen against the Dons this season (albeit we've been utter dirt in all 3).  Rangers look far more dynamic, threatening and comfortable than they ever did under Pedro or Warburton.

Murty probably has tactical flaws and is a bit inexperienced but he's got something about him.  Let him gain some experience ffs.  Or are you one of these people who feels Rangers are above giving someone the time to develop?  Need the finished article here and now.

Nonsense.  I'm not one to throw too many compliments Ibrox way.  But Murty has already shown a clear improvement from his predecessor.
Noticeable by all 3 games I've seen against the Dons this season (albeit we've been utter dirt in all 3).  Rangers look far more dynamic, threatening and comfortable than they ever did under Pedro or Warburton.
Murty probably has tactical flaws and is a bit inexperienced but he's got something about him.  Let him gain some experience ffs.  Or are you one of these people who feels Rangers are above giving someone the time to develop?  Need the finished article here and now.

No, you give the right person the time to develop.
I just don't think that's him. And comparing him to Pedro is nothing, as he was just a joker.

I think murty given a full tilt at building his own squad might actually be a good manager.
As it is he his hamstrung having his predecessors players who they couldn't shift to make way for his own. He has a board who seem to make things worse by kicking cans down the road (loans to cover a current shortfall with what appears to be no idea how to fill it next year and what looks like using part of next year's budget to do so).
Does he not have a director of football who does the signings for him. He identifies who or what he needs and they go out and procure this for him.
He is learning the trade and doesn't have the financial backing the fans benchmark has (somewhat amusing to the rest of us to see this being the case).
He doesn't appear to blame luck or refs or other things for failings.

He won't last and will be replaced by either a dinosaur or another out of nowhere appointment. Funny enough the last rangers manager I thought was of a similar kin was le guen and that was a manager I thought given time would have done wonders in Scottish football (luckily the team he landed at has a fan base that demand instant success and transitional periods were not tolerated).