Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

So I wonder what Dodgey Dave is trying to cover up by going bat shit crazy over something he knew about months ago apparently... Interesting free weeks ahead I reckon. 

Maybe just sees himself as the hand of justice.

If he’d made the statement dressed as Batman we’d have taken it more seriously.

2 hours ago, Pet Jeden said:

You're right. There is no reason why a Celtic-preferring Chairman of the SPFL (and  SFA )  can't act perfectly even-handedly. In fact, reasonable people with an obvious perceived conflict of interest often act MORE HARSHLY against their supposed favourites. The issue here is whether the Desmond/O'Brien link was drawn to the attention of the SPFL members BEFORE they decided to appoint. From the non-denial denial statement, it sounds like maybe it wasn't. It wouldn't cut it to simply circulate a press statement saying MacLennan has also taken a post with IN&MG , without saying " oh, and by the way,  IN&MG is 45% owned by Desmond and O'Brien" This doesn't need the pfaff of a full independent investigation.  The board just need to establish the facts at their next meeting and either reaffirm their support for their new chairman. Or not.

By the way, what team did the previous Chairman support ? Hibs ? Now that really is beyond the pale !

Your team died mate.

14 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Your team died mate.

My thoughts exactly.

"How can I convince people I actually support Hearts? I know, I'll drop in a line slagging off Hibs at the end of a long rant that a Hearts fan probably wouldn't give two tosses about!"

4 minutes ago, nsr said:

My thoughts exactly.

"How can I convince people I actually support Hearts? I know, I'll drop in a line slagging off Hibs at the end of a long rant that a Hearts fan probably wouldn't give two tosses about!"

Funnily enough, the last time I dabbled on a football forum was about 5 years ago on Kickback and I got barred from that because a mod decided I was a reincarnation of a Hibby interloper. I know from that experience that once the mob are baying, you can't actually prove you're not a witch.

5 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Funnily enough, the last time I dabbled on a football forum was about 5 years ago on Kickback and I got barred from that because a mod decided I was a reincarnation of a Hibby interloper. I know from that experience that once the mob are baying, you can't actually prove you're not a witch.

Can you admit that Rangers died and that Sevco have zero top flight titles to their name?

55 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I agree FFP rules have been tightened in recent years but clubs find more ways of filtering losses the big £6 million share issue was one.

It hasn't happened though, and is unlikely to with the takeover stuff hanging over them. Can you accept that £6m as part of the FFP figures when there is absolutely nothing that will guarantee it happens?

8 minutes ago, Ross. said:

It hasn't happened though, and is unlikely to with the takeover stuff hanging over them. Can you accept that £6m as part of the FFP figures when there is absolutely nothing that will guarantee it happens?

If you put good intentions in place and send the smokescreen to UEFA it has clout,it's all about the timing,reading between the lines get the licence ohh sorry the share issue was put on hold.

Mods please.

11 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:
50 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Mods please.

As you wish

Roger+Daltrey+Paul+Weller+Paul+Weller+Teenage+hvWJinH22EDl.jpg

1 hour ago, Pet Jeden said:

Nearly did. But not quite.

Oh........ No. Hold on.  I get it. You're saying I'm really a Follow-Follower ? Without the bus fare annat. How very dare you.

Your team, Rangers, they died mate.

You're right. There is no reason why a Celtic-preferring Chairman of the SPFL (and  SFA )  can't act perfectly even-handedly. In fact, reasonable people with an obvious perceived conflict of interest often act MORE HARSHLY against their supposed favourites. The issue here is whether the Desmond/O'Brien link was drawn to the attention of the SPFL members BEFORE they decided to appoint. From the non-denial denial statement, it sounds like maybe it wasn't. It wouldn't cut it to simply circulate a press statement saying MacLennan has also taken a post with IN&MG , without saying " oh, and by the way,  IN&MG is 45% owned by Desmond and O'Brien" This doesn't need the pfaff of a full independent investigation.  The board just need to establish the facts at their next meeting and either reaffirm their support for their new chairman. Or not.
By the way, what team did the previous Chairman support ? Hibs ? Now that really is beyond the pale !

Fooling no one

1 hour ago, BawWatchin said:

giphy.gif

Too slow. Sorry I let life interupt there. I take it you are  the witch-finder general round these parts.

Well, if it helps, then yes,. Yes they did die. But the truth is most of us still think of the current lot in the same way as the old lot, just pishier, don't we ?

Not done enough here, have I ? I'm still going into the loch with a mill-stone round my neck. 

Just now, Pet Jeden said:

Too slow. Sorry I let life interupt there. I take it you are  the witch-finder general round these parts.

Well, if it helps, then yes,. Yes they did die. But the truth is most of us still think of the current lot in the same way as the old lot, just pishier, don't we ?

Not done enough here, have I ? I'm still going into the loch with a mill-stone round my neck.

You don't have a life to interupt you m8. Probably the real reason for the mill-stone tbh.

bQshDtu.png

Now then, Bawatchin. Talking of teams that died.  Pot-Kettle. Glass houses and all that.  Tell me all about Hibernians' league placings in the early 1890s. I'll give you a tip. Don't bother looking, they weren't in any league, were they ? A proper break in history, eh. Not even shoe-horned into a lower league as a phoenix club.  Even got a new name.

3 minutes ago, Pet Jeden said:

Tell me all about Hibernians' league placings in the early 1890s. 

Why would he know anything about the Maltese league in the 19th century, considering it wasn't started until 1909?

Edited by nsr