Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

People get awfully excited about 'debt'. It is/was owed to investors who are happy not to see their money back anytime soon or earn interest etc. Even if the debt isn't 'wiped out' it's not really a problem.

You've been warned about this kind of patter before.

11 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

People get awfully excited about 'debt'. It is/was owed to investors who are happy not to see their money back anytime soon or earn interest etc. Even if the debt isn't 'wiped out' it's not really a problem.

Debentures do seek interest from time to time.

I’m going to put this kind of comment on a Sevco thread down to pre-Europa League nerves.

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Whilst the type of ‘debt’ is important they do appear to have spunked a lot of money and not really getting anywhere close to us.  I can’t see investors being too happy giving  hand outs and it will stop eventually. I think the best chance was perhaps last season where we lost our manager and played pretty much 60 odd games with one fit striker. Also half the season with our biggest asset (Tierney) pretty much a shell of himself.

Whilst the type of ‘debt’ is important they do appear to have spunked a lot of money and not really getting anywhere close to us.  I can’t see investors being too happy giving  hand outs and it will stop eventually. I think the best chance was perhaps last season where we lost our manager and played pretty much 60 odd games with one fit striker. Also half the season with our biggest asset (Tierney) pretty much a shell of himself.

For clarity I’m not saying it’s a brilliant business model in the slightest, and not particularly sustainable. But when people suggest they’re up to their ears and on the brink etc it’s clearly based on hope not knowledge.

For clarity I’m not saying it’s a brilliant business model in the slightest, and not particularly sustainable. But when people suggest they’re up to their ears and on the brink etc it’s clearly based on hope not knowledge.

From what we can gather, they’re business model is clearly based on hope not knowledge.

Not quite accurate. I would say my opinion is based purely on knowledge and I would suggest they are on thin ice.

It's not so much the debt to the Directors that's the issue, as you say there's no expectation of repayment so doesn't really matter. The issue is the reason behind the loans, the fact that they don't earn enough to pay their bills and the liquidity issues that causes. The only reason they are still a going concern is due to the loans and eventually these guys will not be able to keep putting millions in to keep them going.

They're looking at another £5m+ loss for year ended June 2019 and further loans being required again. That's after a season in Europe. If they don't make the group stage this season they're looking at a £15m to £20m loss to June 2020. Its completely unsustainable and is going to end up in administration if it keeps going the way it is.

Cheers for the reviews on Kelly.

Just another thing, another Ayr poster says that Dapo Mebude could also be signing on loan? He still seems pretty young but would he cope with the Championship?

12 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Cheers for the reviews on Kelly.

Just another thing, another Ayr poster says that Dapo Mebude could also be signing on loan? He still seems pretty young but would he cope with the Championship?

Out of Kelly and Palmer (who went to Thistle on loan) I think you've got the better player. 

Mebude is only 17 and he's short but he has a lot of upper body strength. He scores an insane amount at youth/reserve level + has multiple Scotland u19s caps. 

He's quick and a good finisher.

Edited by TavTastic

FILIP HELANDER is expected to complete his switch to Rangers in the next 24 hours.

SunSport understands the Swedish international star, 26, will arrive to complete his medical tomorrow after agreeing personal terms on a four-year deal

Should no issues arise Helander will put the finishing touches to his £3.5million move from Italian side Bologna — making him Ibrox manager Steven Gerrard’s eighth summer signing.

Reports in Italy claimed the fee could rise to around £5.3m after add-ons — but we can reveal that is not the case.

Not quite accurate. I would say my opinion is based purely on knowledge and I would suggest they are on thin ice.

It's not so much the debt to the Directors that's the issue, as you say there's no expectation of repayment so doesn't really matter. The issue is the reason behind the loans, the fact that they don't earn enough to pay their bills and the liquidity issues that causes. The only reason they are still a going concern is due to the loans and eventually these guys will not be able to keep putting millions in to keep them going.

They're looking at another £5m+ loss for year ended June 2019 and further loans being required again. That's after a season in Europe. If they don't make the group stage this season they're looking at a £15m to £20m loss to June 2020. Its completely unsustainable and is going to end up in administration if it keeps going the way it is.

Fummmming.

Inject this right into my veins [emoji382]🤤

9 hours ago, TavTastic said:

Out of Kelly and Palmer (who went to Thistle on loan) I think you've got the better player. 

Mebude is only 17 and he's short but he has a lot of upper body strength. He scores an insane amount at youth/reserve level + has multiple Scotland u19s caps. 

He's quick and a good finisher.

14 minutes ago, edinabear said:

Safe to say that it is Rangers league to through away this year. Party in Prince George Square for 55

3 minutes ago, GS11 said:

Fummmming.

Inject this right into my veins emoji382.png🤤

^^^
All the same person IMO.

10 hours ago, Tartantony said:

42 minutes ago, GS11 said:

Fummmming.

Inject this right into my veins emoji382.png🤤

He’s fuming because Sevco are suffering heavy financial losses but have f**k all to show for it? Eh?

Edited by gannonball