Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

2 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Aberdeen ran Celtic much closer, much deeper into the season, in season 2015/16 than this "first real challenge Celtic have had in 8 years" (c) Glasgow-based media. 

Virtually 4 years to the day we beat them to go within 3 points. We went into the weekend of 18th March 1 point behind.

18 hours ago, Worktheshaft said:
18 hours ago, IggyStooge said:
Just so we are clear; the posters on Rangersmedia who actually attend games are not in any way representative of the fanbase but the ones on here who sit in the hoose are.
Okeydokey. emoji108.png

If you replaced the word "*****" with "jew" on rangersmedia you'd genuinely believe you were living in Germany in 1939.

And replaced all the other words with their German equivalents. 

Apparently a south American journalist has said the same, that sky has made it up as they went along. Not being fluent in Spanish I've no idea, I'm guessing that our resident celyic fans will be multilingual...

Celtic have called for an investigation into the translation of Sky Sports’ interview with Alfredo Morelos which accused Hoops fans of racially abusing the striker.

Gers chiefs accused Hoops fans of aiming racist slurs at the Colombian star during December’s Old Firm clash at Parkhead

A spokesperson said: “Translations provided to Celtic Football Club have shown inconsistencies between the words spoken during the interview broadcast and the subtitles used by Sky Sports.

“In particular, and most concerning, while the broadcaster used the following subtitle on screen: “Afterwards it was very frustrating to hear the crowd screaming at me. They were saying offensive and racist words.”

Morelos does not use these words anywhere within the extended interview which has been broadcast across Sky’s platforms.

“Celtic FC has asked Sky Sports to clarify their position on this matter immediately. 

Apparently the 'translation' of that interview for Gers fans is rather wide of the mark with what he actually said. Whoever mangled it to suit the 'poor boy' story being trotted out didnt think people that can speak Spanish might be listening. 
Apparently the translation was provided by Morelos agent.

I'm sure there will be apologies from Sky, the agent, the **** and Morelos for besmirching the good name of Celtic football club and their fans.

Heads gone already on *** media going between "oh no, this is a pure car crash" and "how dare Celtic get a translation who do they think they are?"

I better alert @HibsFan as he may have some work to do on the banter years thread.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Romeo

25 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Spanish is quite an obscure language; I can see why they thought they'd get away with it.

Last week you were a Lamborghini expert, this week its foreign languages. 

Have a rare like from me, for making me smile after a shite day.

1 hour ago, rainbowrising said:

Apparently the 'translation' of that interview for Gers fans is rather wide of the mark with what he actually said. Whoever mangled it to suit the 'poor boy' story being trotted out didnt think people that can speak Spanish might be listening. 

Wasnt expecting that!

SvoYO5.gif

26 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Interview now been pulled apparently, can see heads rolling at Sky Sports or Sevco over this.

Is that the same Sky Sports that allowed one of their most high profile presenters to return to work a few months after spitting on a child in a road rage incident ??

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is that the same Sky Sports that allowed one of their most high profile presenters to return to work a few months after spitting on a child I a road rage incident ??

A good point, still baffles me how he didn't get sacked on the spot.