Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2023/24

7 minutes ago, Romeo said:
24 minutes ago, Big Chief Toffee Teeth said:
This post, I take it, is copied from their chaat room?

We'll have naan of that

Ghee whizz, that's poori. I'll tikka look at that thread later.

2 hours ago, Mr Pikey said:

At the start of the season i didnt think Rangers would put up a serious challenge but as they managed to keep up, my thoughts turned to who would i prefer to win between them. Like most fans i couldn't  care less , they're both  c***s, so the only enjoyable  thing will be watching the absolute heads gone from the losers.  However i'm now starting to go with the scenario of Celtic actually going for 10 in a row and  watching the financial clusterfuck Rangers get themselves into to stop this. I have no doubt they will ruin themselves to stop this as their mindset will not allow them to do otherwise . just look at this years spending for christ sake.The demise of Rangers would have a knock on effect for their pals from the east end as it had the last time ,. So aye , geez ten in a row and another 200 pages added to The Banter years. 

I don't even want to see Rangers win a corner.

Celtic are by far the better of the two cheeks.

At the moment we have two sets of glory hunters, although Rangers I guess are haemorrhaging new recruits as for example I can't remember the last time I saw a NE kid with a Rangers top in public. 

The old status quo was that both sets would be winning something on a pretty regular basis, enough for them to claim some moral high ground over somebody. However, the current situation sees only half of them gain any joy from it, and for that reason I'd happily see Celtic take the 'OF' share.  Because of the two-horse race yawn-fest for so long, I genuinely see the competition for the European spaces or relegation battles just as (if not more) interesting, so I wouldn't consider a Celtic-dominant league as being boring by any means.

As said above, a lot of these guys want it for bragging rights, and when nobody cares (Sky & BT included) once Rangers are gone, the house of cards will come crashing down. 

Edited by Hedgecutter

On 14/01/2020 at 23:06, The_Kincardine said:

Yeah, I can see that...

Joshing aside, you had a curate's egg of a December and have Motherwell and Us as two of your next three league matches.  If you lose to Motherwell and draw or win at Ibrox then I will remember this little exchange...

On 02/02/2020 at 10:27, kingjoey said:

Do you remember?

I do.  Unfortunately I was 'up that London' watching the egg chasing so missed the game.  I also haven't read the match thread yet.

I assume that the A'deen team who lost to M'well were unrecognisable from the 'thin red line' who bravely held out against Rangers - and this is pretty much what I anticipated in the post you quoted.  Often it's a b*****d being right ;)

Still, watching Scotland on Saturday was frustrating.  Toothless up front and little idea how to break down a stuffy defence.

19 hours ago, AFCDannyFTH said:

That really is quite something.

The Rangers Media thread is disturbing, but it's also easily dismissed as the rantings of a lunatic fringe.   With Follow Follow though, the lunacy is mainstream.  

The contributors might be a bit less quick to default to vicious sectarian insult, but the sentiment isn't far away.  The paranoia is mind blowing.  It's obviously funny, but how needy and deficient are these individuals?  It's pretty incredible.

The odd voice of sanity that pipes up, is soon shouted down.  In fairness, there are probably plenty who see such bonkers threads and steer clear.  Still bloody weird to see the support for a genuinely mad perspective though.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The Rangers Media thread is disturbing, but it's also easily dismissed as the rantings of a lunatic fringe.   With Follow Follow though, the lunacy is mainstream.  

Enough for RM to have its own lengthy thread called 'Follow follow forum fannies'.

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The odd voice of sanity that pipes up, is soon shouted down.  In fairness, there are probably plenty who see such bonkers threads and steer clear.  Still bloody weird to see the support for a genuinely mad perspective though.

Exhibit A sums this up rather nicely:

FF.PNG.880f07df5f1541e03932b4a9bed4f69e.PNG

39 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I do.  Unfortunately I was 'up that London' watching the egg chasing so missed the game.  I also haven't read the match thread yet.

I assume that the A'deen team who lost to M'well were unrecognisable from the 'thin red line' who bravely held out against Rangers - and this is pretty much what I anticipated in the post you quoted.  Often it's a b*****d being right ;)

Still, watching Scotland on Saturday was frustrating.  Toothless up front and little idea how to break down a stuffy defence.

:whistle