Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

16 hours ago, AJF said:

Raskin and Cantwell look like rather shrewd investments for very little outlay

What sort of ballpark figure is say a Cantwell on a week at you lot. Any idea? 20-30k? If I recall it was what 1.5 million for him? Would he be the highest paid player in Govan at the minute?

I'm surprised at the gap between you two and the rest is not bigger,yet according to some clowns on Clyde ssb that I listened to for the first(and last)time the other day it's HIbs,Hearts & us that's at fault for under performing.

We need to up our shrewd signings for very little outlay game it would seem.

45 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

These players are dug shite. 

You need better players than last season. Not worse.

Probably need to see them play first before making claims about their abilities. 

6 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

It’s safe to assume that a player who has spent the last 3 years rotating between bottom feeding EFL Champions team isn’t a world beater.

Has anyone claimed that he's a world beater?

6 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

It’s safe to assume that a player who has spent the last 3 years rotating between bottom feeding EFL Champions team isn’t a world beater.

Its likely they aren’t, but we must see some kind of potential there.

Take Bassey as an example. We signed him from the Leicester under-23 team and sold him for up to 23 million euros. 

17 hours ago, TommyDickFingers said:

What sort of ballpark figure is say a Cantwell on a week at you lot. Any idea? 20-30k? If I recall it was what 1.5 million for him? Would he be the highest paid player in Govan at the minute?

I'm surprised at the gap between you two and the rest is not bigger,yet according to some clowns on Clyde ssb that I listened to for the first(and last)time the other day it's HIbs,Hearts & us that's at fault for under performing.

We need to up our shrewd signings for very little outlay game it would seem.

Aye I’d imagine it will probably be closer to the 30k mark to be honest.

I suppose the “little outlay” comment is relative to us, and not anyone else in the league. Totally appreciate that the money spent on Cantwell is unaffordable for every team in the country bar 2.

13 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

TBF up here they don't have to be. 

They do need to cope with the pressures and nature of the scottish game. Plenty of good EFL players have come up here and been... humiliated

D

11 hours ago, AJF said:

Its likely they aren’t, but we must see some kind of potential there.

sterling.thumb.png.7a9d222c7f7f0be548505c84997f3a88.png

FWIW.

High 1v1 defence + high carrier score usually means the player is quick/strong.

So seems like a punt on a physical specimen who, likely, has decent technical ability coming through at Chelsea and can play both FB positions.

Would anyone be able to tell me if they are aware of anywhere I can get a retro 1973 centenary strip? I can’t find anywhere online (CWC is all I can locate) nor can I order one at Ibrox. If you do know anywhere can you private message me to save clogging up this thread? 
Thank you. 

14 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

I glanced over something today where Alex Neil was saying Sterling is the best 1v1 defender he's ever seen/worked with.

Alex Neil worked with Ben Davies, so there’s always that. 

45 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

I glanced over something today where Alex Neil was saying Sterling is the best 1v1 defender he's ever seen/worked with.

I saw a video when he signed of some of his tackles and he definitely seems like a player that likes a tackle which is very different from Tav. 

2 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I’m surprised he’s only 30. That’s young to be washed up.

I won't pretend I've followed his career but I used to think he was a top drawer keeper, 30 is so young for a keeper he's either had howlers at a level I didn't see or has hidden injury problems.

Overall I'm happy with our signings so far, we need to get some wingers and strikers and haven't seen much on that front but there's still plenty of time.