Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

1 hour ago, AJF said:

It came from the fan event last night with Bisgrove though.

As far as I believe, it was mentioned that studies had been undertaken to look at the options of how to increase the capacity but nothing was said as to whether we would be pursuing it.

They have also said they have looked at the idea of lowering the pitch and adding additional rows.

I need to keep up with our gossip/news better.

32 minutes ago, TommyDickFingers said:

These upgrades sound just dandy  but it's the new sectarian section I'm particularly looking forward to....

FTFY

13 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I wonder where it will end up domination wise though ?

5 trebles in 7 seasons has our game verging on not being able to label itself a competition.

@RandomGuy.is there any other country in the world that has anything like Celtic’s domination of domestic trophies in the last 7 years ?

Yeah we are only now getting close to verging on it......

On 22/06/2023 at 10:30, RandomGuy. said:

Thatll be the nicely prepared excuse for when they spend £5m this Summer as Celtic spend £30m.

12 months on it'll never be brought up again and was just "fan gossip".

Do you realise the irony in this post? Do you? Seriously you posted this?

Reports that we are close to signing Abdallah Sima on loan from Brighton.

I remember he impressed in the Europa League season we played Slavia Prague (boo!) and he ran Leicester pretty ragged. Not heard much of him since but hopefully we can get that kind of form out of him.

Another signing that seems to follow the trend of players that were quite highly rated previously but have lost their way a bit.

Edited by AJF

52 minutes ago, AJF said:

I remember he impressed in the Europa League season we played Slavia Prague (boo!) and he ran Leicester pretty ragged. Not heard much of him since but hopefully we can get that kind of form out of him.

Another signing that seems to follow the trend of players that were quite highly rated previously but have lost their way a bit.

Also follows the trend of being not quite as good as the conspicuously high profile players they were linked with earlier.  

1 hour ago, AJF said:

You'll take Tom Davies and be bloody happy with it. Ok!

1 hour ago, Savage Henry said:

Also follows the trend of being not quite as good as the conspicuously high profile players they were linked with earlier.  

In terms of forwards, we’ve really only been linked with Dessers and Josh Maja (plus Lammers who we actually signed).

Dessers recently relagated from Seria A and Maja playing in the French second division. Are they really more high profile than Sima?

51 minutes ago, Derry Alli said:

You'll take Tom Davies and be bloody happy with it. Ok!

Him and Cantwell in the same side would fry a few heads. Not to do with their footballing ability but more their image.