Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

14 minutes ago, AJF said:

I don’t see the correlation between “Rangers are a financial mess” = “it’s nonsense to even consider away fans” 

They need to use mental gymnastics so they don't have to criticise their club.

44 minutes ago, DukDukGoose said:

They need to use mental gymnastics so they don't have to criticise their club.

You think at some point it'll sink in that this is just theatre from both clubs to keep a "rivalry" going with there's a gulf on the park, and to help raise prices when they decide to end it, but both sets of fans have played along for years while the clubs work together to milk them dry, so probably not.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

I don’t see the correlation between “Rangers are a financial mess” = “it’s nonsense to even consider away fans” 

Dunfermline are a financial mess and we took nearly 3000 there last week. There is no correlation to what he said.

The poster you responded to probably hated Brendan 4 years ago and is now lapping up every word he says 😂.

55 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

You think at some point it'll sink in that this is just theatre from both clubs to keep a "rivalry" going with there's a gulf on the park, and to help raise prices when they decide to end it, but both sets of fans have played along for years while the clubs work together to milk them dry, so probably not.

I gave up on any real rivalry between the boards of each club when Rangers folded and Celtic majorly downed tools.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Dunfermline are a financial mess and we took nearly 3000 there last week. There is no correlation to what he said.

The poster you responded to probably hated Brendan 4 years ago and is now lapping up every word he says 😂.

Celtic made their decision after discussions with police and Glasgow City Council. Perhaps next time they should consult Pie and Bovril .

3 hours ago, Thenorthernlight said:

Personally I’d take the netting down, remove the police & let them batter each other.

It would make the Glasgow Derby a spectacle worth watching for a change.

Place weapons strategically for them to use. Two supports enter; one support leaves.

What will be the excuse once the works are completed? The colour of the netting? 

Celtic want the whole of the Broomloan again.  It's interesting that for a game they desperately try to convince everyone isn't the same game anymore that they want the same allocation. 

21 minutes ago, Stevie67 said:

Celtic made their decision after discussions with police and Glasgow City Council. Perhaps next time they should consult Pie and Bovril .

I love going to East End Park as part of a big Falkirk support. Our record there recently has been poor which made last week all the sweeter.

I’ll never understand how you can prefer slagging Rangers off for the current away fans situation rather than be passionate about wanting to attend what is your biggest game of the season.

I do however love attending all Falkirk away games - not sure what your stand is on attending Celtic away games. Perhaps you don’t attend them generally and not just at Ibrox ?

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I love going to East End Park as part of a big Falkirk support. Our record there recently has been poor which made last week all the sweeter.

I’ll never understand how you can prefer slagging Rangers off for the current away fans situation rather than be passionate about wanting to attend what is your biggest game of the season.

I do however love attending all Falkirk away games - not sure what your stand is on attending Celtic away games. Perhaps you don’t attend them generally and not just at Ibrox ?

What is my attending of away games got to do with it? . I attend when I can , which isn't very often tbh . Unfortunately finances dictate otherwise nowadays . 

Slagging off Rangers?  Fact is i stated police and council reasons . You failed to address that preferring to ask my attendance at away games . Good deflection . 

32 minutes ago, Stevie67 said:

What is my attending of away games got to do with it? . I attend when I can , which isn't very often tbh . Unfortunately finances dictate otherwise nowadays . 

Slagging off Rangers?  Fact is i stated police and council reasons . You failed to address that preferring to ask my attendance at away games . Good deflection . 

I was just establishing if you were overly bothered about missing away games. No deflection intended.

1 hour ago, Stevie67 said:

Where is next home match v Celtic being played ? 

According to the statement we released during the week, Ibrox. It said we were on track to have the agreed works put in place by January’s fixture. Instead, there will now be no away allocation at Ibrox, the statement said.

1 hour ago, AJF said:

According to the statement we released during the week, Ibrox. It said we were on track to have the agreed works put in place by January’s fixture. Instead, there will now be no away allocation at Ibrox, the statement said.

Not having a pop mate , think you are good poster , but I would be wary of the bullshit your board serves your support on a regular basis . 

1 minute ago, Stevie67 said:

Not having a pop mate , think you are good poster , but I would be wary of the bullshit your board serves your support on a regular basis . 

On what basis do you believe it won’t be at Ibrox and why would that be more credible than the suggestion it will be Ibrox? 

7 minutes ago, AJF said:

On what basis do you believe it won’t be at Ibrox and why would that be more credible than the suggestion it will be Ibrox? 

On the basis that your board , in whatever guise the ibrox boardroom has been  since admin , have been regular bullshitters until present day . Which is a shame for fans such as yourself . Perhaps I'm wrong . Feel free to bookmark this and get back to me before kick off at new year game . 

RANGERS look set to appoint St Mirren vice-chairman Jim Gillespie as their new Chief Executive.

SunSport understands Ibrox chairman John Bennett has targeted the Buddies chief to replace James Bisgrove.