Follow Follow Rangers. Season 2024/25

15 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's a fair point, even the Rangers fans who claim ita the same club are having to acknowledge the fact it's now a full decade since they won the Scottish Cup, if they fail to win the league in the next two seasons they'll have to admit it's been a full decade since they won any trophy of note. 

Can they still claim to be a successful Scottish club based on crowd size alone? As the trophies aren't there to back it up.

Diddiness has nothing to do with trophies.

It's to do with not being an OF supporter.  Therefore the rest of us will forever remain diddies.  I don't see it as remotely insulting.  Wear your diddiness like a badge - I'd hate to be anything else.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's to do with not being an OF supporter.  Therefore the rest of us will forever remain diddies.  I don't see it as remotely insulting.  Wear your diddiness like badge - I'd hate to be anything else.

It's very much like how you can still find Leeds fans mocking Bournemouth fans for supporting a "small club", IMO.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

It's a fair point, even the Rangers fans who claim ita the same club are having to acknowledge the fact it's now a full decade since they won the Scottish Cup, if they fail to win the league in the next two seasons they'll have to admit it's been a full decade since they won any trophy of note. 

Can they still claim to be a successful Scottish club based on crowd size alone? As the trophies aren't there to back it up.

They're becoming Newcastle, which is quite funny given their hatred of Mike Ashley.

8 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

It's to do with not being an OF supporter.  Therefore the rest of us will forever remain diddies.  I don't see it as remotely insulting.  Wear your diddiness like badge - I'd hate to be anything else.

Monkey your still living in the past the OF does nae exsist.

Sevco are trophyless diddies the monoploy rolls on.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Monkey your still living in the past the OF does nae exsist.

Sevco are trophyless diddies the monoploy rolls on.

The OF is I'm afraid alive and well.

Celtic fans pined for its return, hence the relatively low gates during Rangers' absence from the top flight. 

On 19/02/2019 at 11:20, Thistle_do_nicely said:

I think "trial by sportscene" was coined around the time Jim Goodwin got cited several times in the space of a couple of months? It's not some sort of anti-Ranjurs conspiracy.

The first time I heard it was from Tommy Wright in 2015 ish.  We had 3 separate players cited and punished retrospectively by the compliance officer.  Lee Croft, James McFadden and one other I can't remember just now (possibly Brian Graham?) within a few months of each other.  Sportscene were going to town discussing them. 

We'd be lucky if we got 2 minutes of highlights on our matches then about 5 minutes showing replays and highlighting incidents where they wanted action.

The term may have been used previously, but I'd never heard it before. 

Tommy was right as well, the SFA and sportscene's combined vandetta against St Johnstone hasn't been as prevalent since!

Just now, PauloPerth said:

The first time I heard it was from Tommy Wright in 2015 ish.  We had 3 separate players cited and punished retrospectively by the compliance officer.  Lee Croft, James McFadden and one other I can't remember just now (possibly Brian Graham?) within a few months of each other.  Sportscene were going to town discussing them. 

We'd be lucky if we got 2 minutes of highlights on our matches then about 5 minutes showing replays and highlighting incidents where they wanted action.

The term may have been used previously, but I'd never heard it before. 

Tommy was right as well, the SFA and sportscene's combined vandetta against St Johnstone hasn't been as prevalent since!

McFadden got longer spent on him giving Hamilton the GIRUY than match highlights.

They spent longer showing Graham diving than match highlights too.

We also had the bizarre scenario of them having multiple angles, and zoomed in clips, of Frazer Wright "elbowing" a Celtic player at a corner, an incident that didn't see the player react, and wasn't mentioned at all in any report, by any opposition player, or by the opposition manager. He got a ban despite the footage being grainy as f**k with no clear evidence.

Sure that was the same season Wanyama had Frazer Wright by the throat, and it didn't get brought up at all, despite being brought to the BBCs attention on twitter..

download.jpeg.0238ce26da539641f96e8bc8856d97f5.jpeg

21 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

We have been through this monkey when you say celtic fans you mean less than 5%.

Celtic's average gate rose from 44,965 in 2015/16 to 55,581 the following season, the one that saw Rangers join the top flight.

This represented an increase of almost 24%.