The Official Dundee United 2016-17 Thread

I've heard Templeton and the Portuguese guy who played v Rangers under 20s(not Kuate; a winger) could be signed before the end of the season for the play-offs/run-in if Hibs do their best to Hibs it.  Both on fitness programs trying to get match fit quickly.

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GraemePaynesSocks said:

How can we sign players if we're going into administration? Can any (the many) dundee fans on here consult their sources and find out what the hell is going on??

Gambling on going up at all costs.

33 minutes ago, GraemePaynesSocks said:

How can we sign players if we're going into administration? Can any (the many) dundee fans on here consult their sources and find out what the hell is going on??

Although a very good laugh is being had I feel it's my duty that whilst Rangers were going into administration in February 2012 they were also trying to sign Daniel Cousin the same day

19 hours ago, stumigoo said:

The least inspiring headline of all time...

Screen Shot 2017-03-07 at 16.18.59.png

Forgive my ignorance but is that the same Donaldson who played for Livi and went to QPR as the next big thing?

13 hours ago, RB-Scotland said:

I've heard Templeton and the Portuguese guy who played v Rangers under 20s(not Kuate; a winger) could be signed before the end of the season for the play-offs/run-in if Hibs do their best to Hibs it.  Both on fitness programs trying to get match fit quickly.

OK it's maybe not the most inspiring but in truth I wouldn't be opposed to this.  Before anyone criticises to harshly just remember the vastly overpaid and overrated pish that Mixu signed in order to try to avoid the inevitable.  This would not be as bad as that.*

* I know that "this would not be as bad as that" may seem a pretty low bar to set but that's where at folks.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

OK it's maybe not the most inspiring but in truth I wouldn't be opposed to this.  Before anyone criticises to harshly just remember the vastly overpaid and overrated pish that Mixu signed in order to try to avoid the inevitable.  This would not be as bad as that.*

* I know that "this would not be as bad as that" may seem a pretty low bar to set but that's where at folks.

58c052001d981_panic2.png.848a0c0b07c5b8a3b546c4556e7e75d2.png

6 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Agreed; Templeton's obviously proven and the other guy seems to have good pedigree(ex Porto, Shakhtar among others and capped for Portugal, from what I've been told); if they can get anywhere near fit, presuming neither is going to cost much and they just want back playing until May, it's worth going for it to get some long-needed pace and skill down the wings in those final few games.  Just hope McKinnon's idea of match-fitness is a bit different from the one that lead Mixu to decide that giving Pongolle a contract in 2016 was a good idea. <_<

Did anyone see Kuate v Hibs under-20s at Forfar?  McKinnon sounded pretty positive about him in the Tully.

19 hours ago, (._.) said:

Burn your house down first, more than 2 lives as collateral damage.. then and only then we can talk. 

To be honest I'm saving that one up for when I fancy a fresh start in life. I'll just have to put you down as a firm 'no' for a donation.

Archived