FIFA 17

ajwffc

Just now, SweeperDee said:

He was no bad in my journey. Mitrovic or however you spell it was w**k though. Me and Armstrong forged a good partnership.

Aarons and Anita are utter garbage in the journey for me. Both don't seem to understand passing and just run into the opposition. Have to check I'm still playing The Journey and not Pro Clubs Drop-In

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing the journey and so far it's entertaining but I'm garbage at it. In the trials I played decent in the first half and was top of the class, dropped to 9th during the drills and stayed there after the second half. Signed with Hull and been shite, I feel like every time I request a pass my teammate turns his back to me. Not scored yet, got punted on loan and went with Newcastle, first game for them I was much better but still didn't score. I'll be shipped to the SPFL at this rate.

If this only lasts a few seasons what are the endings?

Roy Keane like career ending tackle?
Drugs and drink ruined his life?
Play as a lassie and get knocked up by head coach?

Downloadable content- the Craig Thomson story. Age discretion.... 15.

24 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Just checked, and it only lasts a season.

Seriously? Not really a 'journey' then is it? TBH I'd rather they had you start with a League One/Two team and you have to try and get the bigger clubs to notice you and win a deal with them. I chose Hull City as my first team as I thought I'd start my career there and then work up to a league winning side.

Well that's annoying, it's certainly something interesting, and I hope it's fleshed out more in future games, real potential there for something different.

Suppose it'll be back to my manager mode adventures by Sunday night.

I skipped FIFA 16 as I wasn't a lover of FIFA 15, so went to PES and don't like their online matchmaking system, it's pish although at it's core its a far, far superior football game. FIFA 17 isn't very good though in actual relevant gameplay terms.

The dilemma is between all the different modes and ease of online use FIFA provides vs the overall experience of actually being able to get matched on Konami's piss poor servers and getting to the stage of actually playing a football match you get off PES .

Played this for the first time last night. Visually it looks much more immersive but will take a little getting used to (the additional shadowing etc). The gameplay is very similar and isn't radically different but it, as always, will take a bit of time to get the shooting and passing just right (everything at the beginning always feels a little soft and underhit).

I've no idea why they changed the penalties and although they probably did need to modify the corners it has been done in a very, very bizarre way.

Noticed there are far fewer fouls given so far, especially for the physical side of things (accidentally barging in to someone after a heavy touch for example).

Only started the initial part of The Journey and I thoroughly enjoyed it but it will be a disappointment the fact it only lasts a season (surely they could add additional content via updates or DLC?)

Have hardly touched UT but I've spent most of my time on this in previous FIFAs so look forward to giving it a go (even though it will frustrate the f**k out of me).

baws, was really getting into the journey, signed for spurs, played well in pre season tour of america including starting and scoring against dortmund, not got a EPL start yet but they didnt send me on loan either so something good there, however if it only lasts a season i might patch it the now and start my own career or something else

Only started the initial part of The Journey and I thoroughly enjoyed it but it will be a disappointment the fact it only lasts a season (surely they could add additional content via updates or DLC?)

Hit the nail on the head there. It's going to be abused DLC wise I reckon.

Started a career with stoke, just for something different. 

Signings:

Out:

Erik Pieters (trade), Stephen Ireland (trade), Muniesa (trade), Mame Diouf 8m, Charlie Adam 3.1m

In:

Andrew Robertson 2m+Pieters, Riechedly Bazoer 9m+Ireland, Reece Oxford 1.7m, Kasper Dolberg 3.1m, Jaïro Riedewald 5.5m+Muniesa, Kieran Tierney 1.6m, Ademola Lookman 650k, Barrie McKay 1.4m, Joel Asoro 1m, Gabriel Agbonlahor 2m, Andre Green 975k, Asier Villalibre loan 

My career's been almost identical to Middlesbrough's season in real life.
Just about to go into the Spurs game at home, and the only game that's ended differently has been the Everton one (I drew instead of losing).
Yet again, I'm really struggling to score goals, but I've got the best defence in the league.

Archived