Coefficientwatch

lionel hutz

20 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

Happy to to see Rangers gain us a few coefficient points as it would put Queen of the South hero and avid Gers fanatic, Stephen Dobbie, in a buoyant and confident mood ahead of the coming season. This should spur him on to score a few goals against our former Championship rivals (Dunfermline, Morton etc).

My, that was a convoluted attempt at humour, or something.

Dobbie grew up supporting Rangers, but I don't think there's much to suggest an avid fanatic.  He certainly looked pretty delighted when he scored against them.

11 hours ago, Ginaro said:
15 eq Cyprus 3.000 5.500 7.000 6.125 0.500 22.125 4/ 4
16 eq Greece 5.400 5.800 5.100 5.100 0.000 21.400 5/ 5
17 eq Croatia 4.500 5.125 5.125 5.750 0.250 20.750 4/ 4
18 eq Switzerland 5.300 4.300 6.500 3.900 0.000 20.000 5/ 5
19 eq Serbia 4.250 2.875 6.375 6.000 0.375 19.875 4/ 4
20 eq Scotland 3.000 4.375 4.000 6.750 1.000 19.125 4/ 4
21 eq Norway 7.250 1.375 4.000 5.375 0.875 18.875 4/ 4
22 eq Israel 2.250 6.750 5.625 2.625 0.375 17.625 4/ 4

Bit of an advantage over others as we're the highest ranked country to have all four teams playing at this stage. But another week like this and we'll move up ahead of Switzerland before they play a game (Serbia likely to do that as well). https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/data/method5/crank2020.html

The Swiss coefficient was mostly built up through Basel's excellent runs in the Europa League. I think that is now their Semi final and their quarter final off the points total?  Still a couple of CL last 16 points in the total but if the sides have another season like last season they will be dropping a fair bit.

On Friday, July 12, 2019 at 10:40, Monkey Tennis said:

My, that was a convoluted attempt at humour, or something.

Dobbie grew up supporting Rangers, but I don't think there's much to suggest an avid fanatic.  He certainly looked pretty delighted when he scored against them.

I've awarded you a greenie, out of sympathy, for using a comma before a subordinating conjunction. I thought you were better than that, MT. 

10 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

I've awarded you a greenie, out of sympathy, for using a comma before a subordinating conjunction. I thought you were better than that, MT. 

Are you referring to the use of 'that'? 

If so, the comma was entirely appropriate in creating the necessary pause, before embarking on an exploration of quite how hard you're trying here.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The difference being that back then, the wins came in late August, not early July.

The whole thing is a party to which we're not invited.  

I'm sure the Killie fans felt proud and wonderful last night after 20 years without European football.

2 hours ago, Ross. said:

The Swiss coefficient was mostly built up through Basel's excellent runs in the Europa League. I think that is now their Semi final and their quarter final off the points total?  Still a couple of CL last 16 points in the total but if the sides have another season like last season they will be dropping a fair bit. 

Yeah, since 12/13 they've had two teams in the UEL group stage (apart from last season) along with Basel progressing to a few knockout rounds in both competitions, but those points have dropped off.

Basel have PSV and Young Boys are unseeded in UCL qualifying so it won't be easy for them to get to the group stage.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Do you know that there was European football before the coefficient thing started Willy?

Of course first you have to accept where the Scottish league is in the big picture.

Out of the 55 countries where do you think the Scots league place is?

For me we're between 18 and 13 would be happy with that standing.

26 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Of course first you have to accept where the Scottish league is in the big picture.

Out of the 55 countries where do you think the Scots league place is?

For me we're between 18 and 13 would be happy with that standing.

You misunderstand my case here.  

I don't object at all to the existence of European club competitions for the better sides from each country.

I also fully accept the relatively lowly position we currently occupy in a vastly changed landscape, as entirely justified.

I hate however, the way the riches from the tournaments are distributed, and think it proves especially damaging in small countries like ours. 

I've also asked before about how a change in our coefficient would impact on our clubs.  I was told that the situation can effectively get no worse, but that if it got markedly better, we'd get 2 CL spots.  For reasons I've often expressed, that's the last thing I want, and I see those (especially diddy fans) who salivate over the coefficient, as the proverbial turkeys fully embracing Christmas.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

45 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Yeah, since 12/13 they've had two teams in the UEL group stage (apart from last season) along with Basel progressing to a few knockout rounds in both competitions, but those points have dropped off.

Basel have PSV and Young Boys are unseeded in UCL qualifying so it won't be easy for them to get to the group stage.

I'll be surprised if YB make it this year. They have been fairly solid the last couple of seasons but the team is being broken up with a few of their better players sold in the last few windows. They just replaced Kevin Mbabu with Saidy Janko, which is one hell of a step down in quality, as well as having lost Djibril Sow and some centre half whose name I have completely forgotten. All 3 of those have left for substantial fees, and they have spent a few million bringing players in, but there is no guarantee that their recruitment will be as good now as it was when there was pretty much no pressure on them to get it right.

8 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You misunderstand my case here.  

I don't object at all to the existence of European club competitions for the better sides from each country.

I also fully accept the relatively lowly position we currently occupy in a vastly changed landscape, as entirely justified.

I hate however, the way the riches from the tournaments are distributed, and think it proves especially damaging in small countries like ours. 

I've also asked before about how a change in our coefficient would impact on our clubs.  I was told that the situation can effectively get no worse, but that if it got markedly better, we'd get 2 CL spots.  For reasons I've often expressed, that's the last thing I want, and I see those (especially diddy fans) who salivate over the coefficient, as the proverbial turkeys fully embracing Christmas.

I have no interest in the capitalism in the UEFA game, the TV companies are always going to throw mountains of cash at it.
It has nothing to do with the co-efficient system,the seeding system is much like Wimbledon the top players are the top counties.
You seem to have a major problem separating the two.  

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

I have no interest in the capitalism in the UEFA game, the TV companies are always going to throw mountains of cash at it.
It has nothing to do with the co-efficient system,the seeding system is much like Wimbledon the top players are the top counties.
You seem to have a major problem separating the two.  

Oh Sweet Jesus.

Sometimes I think you actually mean it.

14 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Oh Sweet Jesus.

Sometimes I think you actually mean it.

2019/20 Champions League & Europa League UEFA Prize Money/Revenue:

Champions League Europa League
Preliminary Round €230,000 each €220,000 each
First Qualifying Round €280,000 each €240,000 each
Second Qualifying Round €380,000 each €260,000 each
Third Qualifying Round €480,000* each €280,000 each
Playoff Round €5m** each €300,000** each
Group Stage €15.25m €2.92m each
Round of 32 n/a €500,000 each
Round of 16 €9.5m each €1.1m each
Quarter Finals €10.5m each €1.5m each
Semi Finals €12m each €2.4m each
Final €15m each €4.5m each
Winner €4m €4m
Coefficient Ranking (shared) €585m €84m
Market Pool (shared) €292m €168m
Super Cup (+ win bonus) €3.5m (+€1m) €3.5m (+€1m)

UEFA Reveal Prize Money on Offer for Champions League & Europa League in 2019/20 | 90min
There you go money tennis have a wee read don't throw up.

4 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

2019/20 Champions League & Europa League UEFA Prize Money/Revenue:

Champions League Europa League
Preliminary Round €230,000 each €220,000 each
First Qualifying Round €280,000 each €240,000 each
Second Qualifying Round €380,000 each €260,000 each
Third Qualifying Round €480,000* each €280,000 each
Playoff Round €5m** each €300,000** each
Group Stage €15.25m €2.92m each
Round of 32 n/a €500,000 each
Round of 16 €9.5m each €1.1m each
Quarter Finals €10.5m each €1.5m each
Semi Finals €12m each €2.4m each
Final €15m each €4.5m each
Winner €4m €4m
Coefficient Ranking (shared) €585m €84m
Market Pool (shared) €292m €168m
Super Cup (+ win bonus) €3.5m (+€1m) €3.5m (+€1m)

UEFA Reveal Prize Money on Offer for Champions League & Europa League in 2019/20 | 90min
There you go money tennis have a wee read don't throw up.

So what's happening now?

You're posting a table featuring large sums of money in a bid to establish that money has no impact on achievement which you think the coefficient represents?

It's all a weird and wonderful journey.

9 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

So what's happening now?

You're posting a table featuring large sums of money in a bid to establish that money has no impact on achievement which you think the coefficient represents?

It's all a weird and wonderful journey.

The only dosh you get from the co-efficient is this part.
On top, UEFA estimates there will be €585m to share between the 32 competing clubs based on their 10-year coefficient ranking, essentially rewarding teams for their performances over the course of the last decade. The lowest-ranked club will get €1.108m and the highest-ranked - Real Madrid - will get a further €35.46m from this alone.

6 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

The only dosh you get from the co-efficient is this part.
On top, UEFA estimates there will be €585m to share between the 32 competing clubs based on their 10-year coefficient ranking, essentially rewarding teams for their performances over the course of the last decade. The lowest-ranked club will get €1.108m and the highest-ranked - Real Madrid - will get a further €35.46m from this alone.

What the Hell is your point though?