Premier League 2016-2017

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

You didn't actually think it was a threat though so why jump in with your ridiculous post?

It was an obviously sarcastic quip, suggesting that David Moyes was so desperate to be sacked by Sunderland that he would literally go as far as to threaten assaulting a female journalist. These things do not always communicate well on the Internet, granted, but try and take a breath before stabbing your keyboard in rage next time.

It was an obviously sarcastic quip, suggesting that David Moyes was so desperate to be sacked by Sunderland that he would literally go as far as to threaten assaulting a female journalist. These things do not always communicate well on the Internet, granted, but try and take a breath before stabbing your keyboard in rage next time.

No rage from me so OK ya big softy[emoji106]

If he has just left his comments at her getting a slap then it would have been a bit better for him but then pointing out that even though she's a woman makes him come across far worse IMO.

I'm pretty outraged that he is still walking the streets a free man.

3 hours ago, throbber said:

If he has just left his comments at her getting a slap then it would have been a bit better for him but then pointing out that even though she's a woman makes him come across far worse IMO.

I'm pretty outraged that he is still walking the streets a free man.

I reckon that he realised what he was saying while in mid-flow and tried to mitigate it , only making matters worse. 

As it was never a genuine threat, just a mis-use of a current phrase, (one that I don't like) I think too much is being made of it.

Hey,  maybe he meant a verbal slap.  MPs are forever being 'slapped down' in parliament and nobody bothers.

Yup - Jamaldo posted that the woman was laughing at the comment as well as if that makes the situation any better, they were making a bit of small talk and she probably didn't even hear what she said and a nervous reaction in a situation like that is to laugh anyway. I doubt she felt threatened by it but its a pretty bad thing for him to have said and doesn't show him in a good light at all. People were always going to react to this sort of thing so I'm pretty sure the second the cameras were off him he knew there would be a mass explosion on social media because of it. 

I don't particularly like him at best of times but i don't see why he even needed to say she was being cheeky with her questions for asking if he felt more pressure when the owner of the club was watching.

The media storm around it is ridiculous, appears to be just the snowball effect of people reading what has happened without actually seeing the event in question.  The old "I haven't seen it, but I for one am absolutely seething"

Manager does something pretty stupid, fair enough, but not sure he deserves the absolute shitstorm that gets thrown up because of it. 

5live managed to make this their whole breakfast show this morning.
It veered from Lawro saying nothing to see here to some woman footballer demanding he be sent on a course.
Awful, just awful.

He shouldn't have said it, but it was clearly a joke and he apologised. Apologising is the right thing to do, ensuring comments like these in male-dominated workplaces like football grounds are examined is appropriate but I don't think any further action should be taken. He's apologised to the journalist and the BBC and both have accepted the apology so that should be it as far as I'm concerned.

2 hours ago, jmothecat said:

He shouldn't have said it, but it was clearly a joke and he apologised. Apologising is the right thing to do, ensuring comments like these in male-dominated workplaces like football grounds are examined is appropriate but I don't think any further action should be taken. He's apologised to the journalist and the BBC and both have accepted the apology so that should be it as far as I'm concerned.

it wasn't a joke.he didn't say it and then laugh,he was deadly serious when he said it.

Archived