Premier League 2016-2017

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BT Sport's pundits once again touting the red rose of England Marcus Rashford as the solution to Manchester United's inability to take chances. The same Rashford whose conversion rate is about 10% this season, i.e absolutely woeful and a significant contributor to the problem. 

Shipping him out on loan for now, getting rid of utter dross like Lingard and bringing in genuine, top-quality wide players and forwards in the summer is what any sensible club would do instead. 

They are horrendous. Dire to watch and all that after spending an absolute fortune. Mourinho getting away with plenty from the media, just like last season. Delusional press conferences every week. This Luke Shaw stuff is plain embarrassing.

15 hours ago, jmothecat said:

both have accepted the apology so that should be it as far as I'm concerned.

I agree.

But that will never be it. The internet has to be outraged about it. In a desperate bid for likes etc, etc, etc. All aboard the outrage bus........ :lol: 

it wasn't a joke.he didn't say it and then laugh,he was deadly serious when he said it.

This is how I feel about it as well, I know the media circus around it is a joke and there are some over reactions but the entire thing just isn't right.

Guest bernardblack
Was one of those ones where it might have bounced past Robles had Williams left it.
Raging at Lukaku tonight who looked a shadow of the player he is. He was lethargic and offered nothing, he never threatened. Looked like he couldn't be arsed.

Would love to see Lukaku's scoring record against "top half" sides.

Fair play banging them in against Hull, Watford etc but he goes missing in bigger games

Fair play banging them in against Hull, Watford etc but he goes missing in bigger games

Pish

Also I imagine the majority of football players will have better scoring records against teams that are worse than them. Usually because they beat these teams a lot more than the teams above them...?

Guest bernardblack

Pish

Also I imagine the majority of football players will have better scoring records against teams that are worse than them. Usually because they beat these teams a lot more than the teams above them...?

Simmer.

Was merely inquisitive in the comparison against someone like Aguero who usually turns up against the big teams.

It could be the difference in Lukaku ever becoming an elite player

A quick check reveals that he has scored against Tottenham and home and away against Man City, so he hasn't gone completely missing. People are always likely to have better records against the shit teams and he wouldn't be a proper Everton player if he didn't shit the bed during Liverpool games.

After 29 games in his first season, Van Gaal had 56 points and Man Utd were fourth in the league, Mourinho has two fewer points and is sitting one place further back at the same stage!!!

3 hours ago, bernardblack said:

He's on 21 league goals this season, but only 5 have been against teams in the top half. It doesn't look great on the face of it, but Everton as a team have been poor against the top sides this season and generally don't take as many shots per game. I think you'd need to look at how many clear chances Everton create in these games and how many shots he is taking to make a proper decision on whether it's him not turning up or just a lack of good service.

6 more games tonight. 

Including Chelsea v Man City and Hull v Middlesbrough at the bottom. 

Arsenal v West Ham 

Southampton v Crystal Palace 

Swansea v Spurs 

Off to Liverpool v Bournemouth. 

8 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

Crucial for Spurs to keep up the momentum tonight

If they can and Chelsea drop more points tonight it could get interesting. Mind you it could be 10 points come 9.50pm! 

The Burnley win at the weekend was impressive. 

oh how good would it be if both manchester clubs shat it and failed to make top 4 this season, that would require liverpool to stop dropping points against the horseshit of the league and arsenal to suddenyl not be arsenal, so i doubt it will happen

but it would be nice lol

Archived