Jo Cox MP

There are plenty of racists and xenophobes in Scotland. I've met loads and that will get worse as Sturgeon packs the country full of asylum seekers, refugees and immigrants.

Blair tried that in England as an attempt to change the demographic to a more Labour orientated one. Look how well that's gone ! Sturgeon will do it to swamp the Union orientated demographic that exists now.

It's called demographic engineering and it is an evil and pernicious tool of Govt's and dictators.

Don't expect to see it in the SNP manifesto though. 

There aren't plenty of racists or xenophobes in Scotland. There's just plenty of people who don't like you in Scotland.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are plenty of racists and xenophobes in Scotland. I've met loads and that will get worse as Sturgeon packs the country full of asylum seekers, refugees and immigrants.

Blair tried that in England as an attempt to change the demographic to a more Labour orientated one. Look how well that's gone ! Sturgeon will do it to swamp the Union orientated demographic that exists now.

It's called demographic engineering and it is an evil and pernicious tool of Govt's and dictators.

Don't expect to see it in the SNP manifesto though.

What a load of pish this is.

It was always about the free movement of people and the free movement of capital. It boosted the economy and was nothing to do with some grand blairist political strategy.

Don't expect to see it in the SNP manifesto though.

You must have cleaned the local Poundland completely out of tinfoil.

Fucking hell :lol:

If you're the type of person that thinks 17 million people can be typecast and reduced to one homogenous group then I would speculate that your more likely to be the type of person who could comfortably make ridiculous sweeping racial generalisation.

Well that's mcspreader telt, given that's what he's just done.

The question may have been easy to understand, but those who voted to leave still appear to be scrambling for a purpose behind their vote.

:thumsup2

I know a few leave voters who fully understand why they voted leave - and it had nothing to do with racism or xenophobia.

Plenty of folk hate the political establishment - and saw this as a vote against it. Simple as that.

Not all leave voters were conned by the right wing arseholes that led their campaign.

I know a few leave voters who fully understand why they voted leave - and it had nothing to do with racism or xenophobia.

Plenty of folk hate the political establishment - and saw this as a vote against it. Simple as that.

Not all leave voters were conned by the right wing arseholes that led their campaign.

So they voted leave to get revenge on the political establishment that has been letting them down all of these years? The same political establishment that will now have even greater control over their human rights and living standards? Simple indeed.

Clever plan. Get an even more right wing Tory Government without the guarantee of minimum rights we get from Europe. We really stuck it to the man.

I didn't say it was a clever plan and I didn't vote that way.

But just look at the state of Westminster and the city of London. Plenty of leave voters are quite happy that a bit of chaos has been created. Heads gone everywhere.

Scottish social attitudes survey 2013

"Would you agree or disagree that Scotland would begin to lose it identity if more Muslims came to live here?"

37% disagreed or strongly disagreed.

"Do you think the number of immigrants should be increased, remain the same as it is, or be reduced?"

26% reduced a little- 36% reduced a lot

"Would you agree or disagree that Scotland would begin to lose its identity if more black and Asians came to live here?"

Only 38% disagreed or disagreed strongly.

"Would you agree or disagree that Scotland would begin to lose its identity if more Eastern Europeans came to live here?"

47% agreed or strongly agreed.

Ah, so you're now claiming attitudes to limiting immigration is evidence of racism and xenophobia. I wonder if you've comparable English, Welsh and Northern Irish polling data to indicate how racist and xenophobic those nations are by comparison.

So they voted leave to get revenge on the political establishment that has been letting them down all of these years? The same political establishment that will now have even greater control over their human rights and living standards? Simple indeed.

Wait, are you suggesting that the phrase 'take back control' was actually true?

I didn't say it was a clever plan and I didn't vote that way.

But just look at the state of Westminster and the city of London. Plenty of leave voters are quite happy that a bit of chaos has been created. Heads gone everywhere.

Doubt there's many lolz in the immigrant community.

Doubt there's many lolz in the immigrant community.

Obviously not.

I'm just trying to defend the millions who voted leave who are nowhere near racist or xenophobic.

They had their reasons - and I certainly think they had a point (although I wasn't convinced enough to vote that way).

No but they have been portrayed as such by many on here as evidence of rampant xenophobia.

I also provided responses to questions specifically mentioning race and the impact on national identity- would tend to suggest we are not as inclusive as many would like to paint us.

I'm not digging through the UK social attitudes survey, I would assume that in line with most issues the differences between Scotland and the rest of the country will be minimal to non existent.

I'd guess they'd be broadly in line with many independent European nations.

The establishment wanted to remain. Plenty people want a fall of the current political system and want chaos to ensue in the hope some more equitable form of organisation will rise from the ashes.

But you just can't get your mind around the idea of Scottish Independence? Quite bizarre really.

Wait, are you suggesting that the phrase 'take back control' was actually true?

Not at all. But they certainly thought so.

28% of Scotland’s people think there is sometimes good reason for prejudice against certain groups.

I would hope so. Imagine not speaking out against groups such as the KKK or worse, ISIS. Just because you're afraid of being "prejudice" against certain groups.

10% would be unhappy if a black or Asian person joined their family circle, rising to 37% if a Gypsy/Traveller joined .

Oh gee, I wonder who they could be....

nationalism.jpg

Did you not suggest that right wing Tories will now have much more power to control our lives?

Control over things such as human rights, workers rights and living standards. They won't however be able to do a thing about free movement of Labour. Basically the things you don't want them to have more control over are the things that they'll have more control over.

Aye I'm sure that's who they had in mind when they answered that question.... Talk about clutching at straws

How do you know what they were thinking? You seem to fancy yourself as a reader of minds, when it's evident that you struggle to read even your own.

Control over things such as human rights, workers rights and living standards. They won't however be able to do a thing about free movement of Labour. Basically the things you don't want them to have more control over are the things that they'll have more control over.

True.

Archived