Jo Cox MP

Can't speak for others. But I voted remain because not only do I support the free movement of Labour, I also support full unrestricted access to the single market. Something we will no longer have. All this nonsense about corruption and bureaucracy within the EU, when we should be looking far closer to home.

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think you are wrong. Over the coming weeks and months there are two alternate scenarios for the UK that will show just how fucked up things are.

Either we will pursue a genuine isolationist policy that will see our economy going into freefall, or it will become apparent that if we continue to trade with Europe then we will need to accept all the concurrent conditions - this will expose the paucity of the Leave pledges and promises.

Are there people who are stupid enough to ignore the implications of both these scenarios? Absolutely, there's some unbelieveably thick c***s out there. But there will be sufficient numbers in Scotland who will realise what a clusterfuck the whole thing has been and will see the only option is to severe ties with rUK.

What happens if the UK decides to ignore the people that want bans on immigration and goes down a route similar to the Swiss. What ideological reason do you think the SNP can put forward for membership of the EU?

The idea that we have a louder voice within the political machine of the EU as an independent nation does not stand up to scrutiny.

The narrative will always be on being taken out of Europe rather than a genuine discussion on the pros and cons of joining.

Voted REMAIN due to the LEAVE playing to the racist galleries for a large part of the campaign.

The most unfussed vote I've ever made.

Rather presumptuous, only two of us are actually in the NE and neither of us are either employed in fishing or reliant on the industry.

You don't need to be reliant on something to be swayed by it.

What happens if the UK decides to ignore the people that want bans on immigration and goes down a route similar to the Swiss. What ideological reason do you think the SNP can put forward for membership of the EU?

If the UK (not the UK, but the UK government) ignore the people that want bans on immigration. Then we'll see a huge wave of support towards UKIP. All the motivation the YES campaign needs in Scotland.

Which still makes your original post presumptuous.

Presumptuous is one of my better nom de plumes on here, happy days.

11 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

You're not on it yet as I don't know how to do it on the app

You seem to take being ignored as some kind of badge of honour, but the reality is that you are not being ignored because I disagree with anything you say. I disagree with everything antlion and Kilbowie etc say but they are capable of independent thought. You, however, just cling to a side that feels right and regurgitate the prevailing mantra.

You have never once made an insightful or original point in all the masses of dross I've seen you post in here. You've never posted anything that was worthy of using up my time reading and the fact you clearly only expose yourself to one viewpoint means this is highly unlikely to change in the near future.

As for folk thinking I'm a dick? I couldn't give a toss if folk like me in real life let alone an Internet forum.

But worthy replying to something you've never read?

You seem to take being ignored as some kind of badge of honour, but the reality is that you are not being ignored because I disagree with anything you say. I disagree with everything antlion and Kilbowie etc say but they are capable of independent thought. You, however, just cling to a side that feels right and regurgitate the prevailing mantra.

You have never once made an insightful or original point in all the masses of dross I've seen you post in here. You've never posted anything that was worthy of using up my time reading and the fact you clearly only expose yourself to one viewpoint means this is highly unlikely to change in the near future.

As for folk thinking I'm a dick? I couldn't give a toss if folk like me in real life let alone an Internet forum.

tl;dr

23 hours ago, The Chlamydia Kid said:

8 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

Fide, you are the resident tragedy.

Seethe squared

29 minutes ago, Arsenal till I die said:

And the likes of Polly Toynbee are exploiting her death to try and effectively shut down democracy. They should hang their heads in shame.

No idea what you're talking about, is she suggesting getting rid of representative democracy that is the core of our constitution? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

The prosecution have said that medical evidence will not form part of the defence in the trial of Thomas Mair.

Trial is due to begin at the Old Bailey on October 4

Mair going for martyrdom, then. 

Archived