Almost a week into Euro 2016

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has been responsible for no assists, scored no goals while being played as a forward and missed the bulk of England's sitter chances against Russia: contributing directly towards their hilarious failure. 

So no, really not 'player of the tournament so far' material then. 

He has been responsible for no assists, scored no goals while being played as a forward and missed the bulk of England's sitter chances against Russia: contributing directly towards their hilarious failure.

So no, really not 'player of the tournament so far' material then.

Assists.....he has put them on a plate, is it Lallana's fault that Sterling couldn't finish from 9 yards?

Assists.....he has put them on a plate, is it Lallana's fault that Sterling couldn't finish from 9 yards?

So he created one chance against a team that allowed them to have the majority of possession.

Meanwhile Payet has created 14 chances, scored 2 goals and had 1 assist. You are an idiot

The only 2 games that i've missed so far have been Ireland - Sweden and Norn Ireland - Ukraine and I've enjoyed most of what i've seen. There hasn't been a classic match yet but i'd have Italy - Belgium at the top of the pile to date. Last night's Germany game was probably the worst although I didn't find it as dull as some others did.

Stand out player is probably Payet although Iniesta was fantastic in his opening match as was Bonucci.

Whose fault was it when Lallana shat the bed for each of his several chances against the Russians? Oh that's right - his own for being an utterly mediocre footballer. 

So he created one chance against a team that allowed them to have the majority of possession.

Meanwhile Payet has created 14 chances, scored 2 goals and had 1 assist. You are an idiot

I said Payet, Bale for the above reasons but was looking for someone different, a different opinion to engage people in chat, who has contributed in different fields and helped their team.

Other wise we would have a thread with everyone naming Payet, sounds fun

Best game has been Italy-Belgium, worst was Germany-Poland last night.

Best player so far has to be Bonucci for me. Albeit he's only played in one game so far, but he was brilliant. Belgium were terrible to be fair, but absolutely nothing got past him and he assisted Giaccherini for Italy's first goal superbly.

Decent tournament nothing electric, interesting seeing how the format plays out as there are a lot of teams playing for a draw against the bigger sides in their group then wanting to nick a win against the side their a similar level to. Still need a goal fest thriller and a hammering. Italy-Belgium was a great watch for me the only one that was edge of the seat thrilling. Payet has put in the best performances so far.

The group stages are really just a bit of a jolly for fans to be honest. The big teams do enough to qualify while the wee teams try to scrape results for a chance at getting through. Doesn't tend to make for classics generally.

That said, I was impressed with Italy's performance in the first game so looking forward to seeing if they can repeat against Sweden. 

The knockout stages are where it's at though. This extra round of games should stretch squads so it'll be interesting to see the potential quarter final ties once the round of 16 games are confirmed imo.

Since the new rule that a team can't score more than 2 goals in a game this tournament is in motion I'm not surprised there's no been outstanding games so far..

Nah joking aside, Belgium -Italy was the best by far IMO where there was actually end tae end fitba on show. Really enjoyed watching the Italians play as well, solid on the break and finishing was superb when it counted too.

The finishing on a whole has been dire though, with so many over hit crosses and shots skewed wide, players slipping ah over the shop ana.. On the other hand It's had some great strikes too with Hamsik and Payet examples. Still plenty of time for better games so nae writing it off just yet.

In addition to what o said earlier I am also going to add Boateng for Germany as in the first game he made a fabulous goal mouth clearance and he made another vehicle block last night as well. He's also generally been playing well in the respect that Germany play quite a high line so he ends up as a bit of an attacking player.

I've really enjoyed it so far tbh. I can understand why others may feel differently because there haven't been many goalfests but that doesn't necessarily mean a game hasn't been good. I actually really enjoyed Spain trying to break down the Czechs for example.

I don't think teams have been as cagey as people say. Teams like Albania are just playing to their strengths and to an extent they've done it well, but ultimately the quality isn't there for them.

The format could be hit-and-miss. Albania could still qualify which gives them something to play for which is good. On the other hand it feels like a lot of games being played to decide not very much.

I think the knockouts will be very good though. You'll see :)

Archived