Gordon Strachan

Elixir

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:

No, and in fact McGhee is telling us all that even if we lose, we might be able to persuade him to stay. What a pr*ck.

Saw that line myself earlier in the week, we should be so lucky!

You couldn't mark his neck with a blowtorch.

I think in the unlikely event of a scotland win he will walk.

He will see it as a f**k you look what you've  lost type way.

What you call a win win 

Bollocks.

I think he'll go if it's a clear defeat. If we put in a big performance and lose a close game I think he'll stay. Maybe.

Based on tonight, if that team and manager approached more games the way they began tonight, we would not be in the state we are. Tonight hasn't been anywhere near the worst performance under him, but being undone by shite defending and lack of belief in the final third is 100% down to the lack of confidence he has failed to inspire up until now. Hard luck stories are not honourable in the slightest. 

No doubt he needs to go. An alright performance in the first half as far as matching England went, but we're too sloppy at the back and part of that has to come down to a lack of defensive organisation. Up top we're out of ideas and lack any sense of creativity - again, Strachan doesn't appear to be injecting any new ideas or plans into the team. Campaigns all but down the drain after four games, time to start afresh with someone new. Someone new who isn't Paul Lambert, mind. Or David Moyes. Or a whole host of other, dull Scottish managers.

He must go. Get somebody in and give them the rest of this campaign to start looking at new blood. Must also be the last game for Darren Fletcher - he is way out his depth at international level.

Just now, Günther said:

Time to go foreign again. Ironically the last time we got to a play-off it was with a foreign manager, one that got absolutely ridiculed but 5 managers later not one has got us even close!!

Vogts was still dreadful, to be fair - his competition in 04 was Iceland, Lithuania and the Faroes for 2nd place. But aye, I agree with the general message that we should look abroad. Can't see any Scottish names that stick out, so makes sense to expand our horizons.

Not sure really what would be achieved in getting him out now.  Probably should have gone over the summer in hindsight, but hey ho.

If there's a significantly better option willing and able, then fine, but if we're just going to punt him for anyone, then hire the same uninspiring lot as usual, then I'll see you all back here in 2 years for the same old pish.

Archived