Gordon Strachan

Elixir

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst part of that, is that Adam will be slaughtered by the apologists for speaking out, despite very obviously caring enough to go public. Not for the first time, either......he helped Fletcher lead the charge against Levein over Prague, yet those idiots are likely to cite him a bad influence, who hasn't exactly delivered himself. 

He's also dispelling the myth we have no players of relevant standard of league, given that he shares an engine room with Whelan, Allen and Imbula. 

As an aside, Southern Ireland have less players playing in Europe, than Strachan's squad has, for their game with Austria. Excuses excuses.  

Just now, AyrExile said:

Please explain how John McGinn gets selected and Adam doesn't even get a look in? 

Because McGinn can actually run?

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Well he can run quick enough for EPL where I imagine the fitness tests are quite strict. Can you see McGinn ever making it to a high level? Can't imagine his development is coming on leaps and bounds playing against Dumbarton and Ayr United. 

Run Forrest, run.

English Premiership v Scottish Championship. Is that even a contest?

We are quite lucky with midfielders playing in the English Premiership, with Snodgrass, McArthur, Fletcher, Morrison and Adam. You would think Adam would be in the squads. Pity we haven't a few more at the top-end clubs.

As an aside, how many Scottish players are playing in the English Premiership?

10 hours ago, edinabear said:

Charlie Adam quite rightly sticking the boot into Strachan  http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37904017

I loved that article.

"He's not picking the best players for Scotland".

Interesting, wonder who he's on about...Rhodes?  McCormack?

Oh...he's talking about himself?  Oh, Charlie...

"I'm not saying he should call me, but I feel I could add something."

:lol:

My last memory of Adam was him trying to continue his foolish vandetta with Simian Hero Gareth Bale.  How did that go again?

18 minutes ago, forameus said:

My last memory of Adam was him trying to continue his foolish vandetta with Simian Hero Gareth Bale.  How did that go again?

For this alone, I want Adam in the squad. 

Adam has just said what a lot of people are thinking. It's highly debate able he should be picked but there are plenty others who should be picked and plenty who should not be.

This with Hutton chucking it as well there really is discord on the international scene.

1 minute ago, pub car king said:

Adam has just said what a lot of people are thinking. It's highly debate able he should be picked but there are plenty others who should be picked and plenty who should not be.

This with Hutton chucking it as well there really is discord on the international scene.

Adam played out his skin last monday night, and he apparently had a fantastic game this weekend, was like he had a point to prove. 

The headline there is of course correct. Strachan has consistently ignored players who could improve the squad. I'm not saying all of these players would necessarily be better, but you can make an argument for the following players in the current squad:

Graeme Shinnie (ahead of Wallace)
Liam Cooper (Greer/Berra)
Phil Bardsley (Paterson)
Liam Palmer (Paterson)
Tom Cairney (McGinn/Bannan)
Liam Bridcutt (McGinn/Bannan)
Stuart Armstrong (McGinn/Bannan/Forrest)
Matt Phillips (Bannan/Forrest/Ritchie)
Shaun Maloney (Bannan/Forrest/Ritchie)
Johnny Russell (Bannan/Forrest/Ritchie)
Ryan Fraser (Bannan/Forrest/Ritchie)
Ross McCormack (Martin)
Jordan Rhodes (Martin)

I'm not saying I'd pick all of the above, but you could make a case for any of them.

You'll note that a player who doesn't feature in that list is Charlie fucking Adam, who will never play for Scotland again and rightly so, which may have something to do with consistently being an abject liability when he was a regular in the side. He had far more chances for Scotland than he deserved and wasted them all, culminating in being directly responsible for both defeats to Wales in a campaign which saw us miss qualification by six points. He should accept that he's just not good enough and get over it.

At the time I was just as angry with Adam as everyone else when Bale strolled past him and scored that goal. However I do believe he deserves another chance and seems very keen to play for his country unlike scott brown coming back for one game.

I have watched Stoke in the last couple of games and he is playing some of his best football right now and as he said if things aren't going great and the gaffer turns round to the bench and has John McGinn to put on when he could have an experienced player like Adam to bring on who plays against these guys week in week out then for me its a no brainer to have him in the squad.

We need to pick the guys playing in the Premiership at the top level. Folk brandishing names about like Liam Cooper(the guy who can't get a game ahead of Kyle Bartley at the moment) obviously haven't watched these guys play.

22 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

The headline there is of course correct. Strachan has consistently ignored players who could improve the squad. I'm not saying all of these players would necessarily be better, but you can make an argument for the following players in the current squad:

Graeme Shinnie (ahead of Wallace)
Liam Cooper (Greer/Berra)
Phil Bardsley (Paterson)
Liam Palmer (Paterson)
Tom Cairney (McGinn/Bannan)
Liam Bridcutt (McGinn/Bannan)
Stuart Armstrong (McGinn/Bannan/Forrest)
Matt Phillips (Bannan/Forrest/Ritchie)
Shaun Maloney (Bannan/Forrest/Ritchie)
Johnny Russell (Bannan/Forrest/Ritchie)
Ryan Fraser (Bannan/Forrest/Ritchie)
Ross McCormack (Martin)
Jordan Rhodes (Martin)

I'm not saying I'd pick all of the above, but you could make a case for any of them.

You'll note that a player who doesn't feature in that list is Charlie fucking Adam, who will never play for Scotland again and rightly so, which may have something to do with consistently being an abject liability when he was a regular in the side. He had far more chances for Scotland than he deserved and wasted them all, culminating in being directly responsible for both defeats to Wales in a campaign which saw us miss qualification by six points. He should accept that he's just not good enough and get over it.

This is why I've been so depressed about Scotland's chances recently. The above is just a big steaming pile of meh. Those defensive options are making me miss the glory days of Lee Wilkie. 

1 minute ago, calum_gers said:

He fucked up by playing him for the whole game on Saturday in that case.

Well, he said it, not me. Take it up with Sparky.

It's possible he just may have been talking about the last ten years and not just Saturday.

Archived