Acceptable Length of Time to Wear Your Clothes

How long would you typically wear the following for:  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Overheard a group of folk discussing this this morning and it struck me as a P&B split debate type of thing:  

Just how long is it acceptable to wear individual garments for (presuming you've not spilled curry down your top, although some would rub it with a licked finger and get an extra day or two out of it)?  Daily underwear should go without saying (some here may disagree, leading to destroyed reputations forever) but jeans / shirts etc seem to be up for debate. Is a top a top, or does it depend on type?  I would have added jumpers to the poll but there's a limited number of questions.

Just how much of a mink (or responsible environmentalist keen on reducing lecky and detergent use) are you really?

Edit for pedantic capitalisation error.

Edited by Hedgecutter

Now, I voted 3 days for Jeans, but I'm talking about my "get home from work and change into" Jeans that I kick about in.  If I was heading out to the boozer or whatever it would be a clean pair on.

All shirts, jumpers etc are 1 day only.

edit:  What Mr Bairn says about T-Shirts that you stick on at night is also acceptable.

Edited by KnightswoodBear

T-shirts and undies. A day. If I'm kicking about the house jeans and jumpers 3 days max. Clean clothes for leaving the house. Even if just to the shops. Trackies are never acceptable in public unless you are actually jogging. But are fine to wear indoors. Unless you have company. I should add I am referring to trackie bottoms. Trackie tops are never ever to be worn in any circumstances

Edited by Lofarl

T-shirts are just a one day thing unless it's to quickly chuck on after work, in which case it would do for another day or two.

Jeans will do for casual wear until they're stained or just not too fresh. For going out, it really should be a clean pair/only worn once. Same applies for jumpers really.

Shirts have to be clean on. Under no circumstances should a shirt be worn more than once.

Underwear can be worn continually until the skidmarks start to really smell IMO

We had this conversation in work recently. We aren't allowed to travel in uniform so a few people in work will wear their normal clothes for less than an hour a day and I know of people that will use them for up to five days. I would maybe do that for two days but no longer than that.

On non-work days, all clothes get worn once and then go in the wash.

Hoodies are different because I wear them like an outdoor jacket so I'll wear them for longer.

Pretty simple rule really.  Don't wear any item of clothes you wore before you showered, after you showered.

Exceptions - trousers/jeans/anything not directly in contact with body (hoodie for example).

Unless I'm wearing longjohns, my jeans tend to be in direct contact wih my legs. 

We had this conversation in work recently. We aren't allowed to travel in uniform so a few people in work will wear their normal clothes for less than an hour a day and I know of people that will use them for up to five days. I would maybe do that for two days but no longer than that.

Tbh, I've got a Scout leader shirt (horrible beige thing) which I only use for a couple of hours every week (with a t-shirt underneath), so I'll probably only wash it once a month max when the inner collar's starting to get a tad grubby. I absolutely detest ironing long sleeves (basically because I'm embarrassingly dreadful at it), hence I try my best to avoid the fires just to avoid the wash inducing smoke. Top leader me.

Eta:  ^^^ beast etc etc

Edited by Hedgecutter