Acceptable Length of Time to Wear Your Clothes

How long would you typically wear the following for:  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Jeans = until they get stained or loose shape, what ever comes first.

I wear jeans to work, but when i had to dress more formal for work it was pretty much the same for smart trousers.

Polo shirts + shirts = Once.

V-neck type t-shirts (basically, any t-shirt that isn't a polo shirt) = Until they smell (so pretty much 2 days then it may get relegated to 'wear when in house not giving a f**k')

Jumpers = Until they loose shape, stain or stink. So basically two days.

I prefer to have a freshly laundered and pressed cravat each day however.

This came up at college once, and the males in the class all agreed that jeans were good for up to a week unless any McKee-style incidents occurred. The lassies were all appalled for some reason. Surely the fact that they'd never thought we were all honking meant that their daily wash cycle was a tad excessive.

Anyway, you aren't supposed to wash your jeans, as it wears them down and they lose their shape. Instead, you keep them in the freezer. Make of that what you will.

(warning: Daily Heil link. Apologies)

Stick your nose into your garment(s) and decide. Or get someone you trust and like to do it for you. I make a shirt last 2 full days - you've got to keep a cap on the laundry. Jeans - unless you're incontinent or fall in puddles, they need infrequent attention.

24 posts and no one has mentioned ablutions?

Every day: Shower, fresh boxers and socks.

Work: Fresh shirt every day.  Different suit trousers and shoes.

After work staying in: What you wore the previous evening for 2/3 day.

After work going out: Fresh shirt and chinos casual trousers of your choice.  NOT your work shirt with the sleeves rolled up.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Anyway, you aren't supposed to wash your jeans, as it wears them down and they lose their shape. Instead, you keep them in the freezer. Make of that what you will.

(warning: Daily Heil link. Apologies)

A fun excuse for many:

I've not got a tiny knob, my jeans have only just defrosted and it's still a bit cold.

^^^Onesie wearer

Perhaps in the winter months. If i was out for the day i like to mark my intentions by changing out of those clothes and putting my lounge clothes on which are usually jobby catchers and a t-shirt that is too big for me and doesn't make me feel too fat.

If i was wearing office clothes all day i would still make this change of clothes, f**k wearing jeans inside my own home!

I don't mind wearing the same t shirt for a few evenings in a row if I'm not out and about sweating in it then it doesn't really matter.

Which raises the big question of pyjamas (or t-shirt with boxers of the day, or just the t-shirt, or whatever). How often should the pjs be changed?

I sleep in the scud.  How often sheets should be changed is more pertinent...and once a week is (usually) the answer.  Now and then they should be changed more frequently ;)

Sheets shouldn't last more than a week and towels are about two/three days.

Some posters would then change their towels before they've been used. 

Frequency of shave?  We auld grizzled ones do it every day except for weekends.

Some posters would then change their towels before they've been used.

Frequency of shave? We auld grizzled ones do it every day except for weekends.

I trim my beard every two days except on nightshift when I let it grow like a Philpy fib.

I might talk pish, but at least im not bald AND ginger. Surely you should get some kind of disability benefits for that???

I do shave my head, but I'm not ginger.

It's a bit weird how you're trying to score points off me when I've never met you and I don't have you as a friend on Facebook. Whereas your fibs have been prevalent on here.