Are you a 2014 No voter who would now consider Yes?

Fide

Where do you think the £250 million has come from???

You really have no idea, do you think the BOE has 250 billion in reserves? :lol:

The bank will print money just like they have in the past, that is what they have stated.

Have you any evidence that the BOE has directly intervened in any markets since Friday morning g, which was the substance of your original post?

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You do get that the bank of england has pretty much said they are having to use reserves etc? The value of the pound is going to plummet in the coming weeks.

This is the original post. It is shite, the bank have not had to use reserves.

Also, the bank have not stated that there will be further QE. Only that the are standing ready to provide liquidity IF it is needed. Liquidity would normally be provided by the bank in its normal day to day operations.

No dont say that, it cant be true because boris and that said it was going to be ok.

You need to take a deep breath and switch off the news for a wee while.

This is not Armageddon.

Huge change yes, but you're acting like it's the end of days. As is always the case there will be unforeseen changes that haven't been thought up yet and no doubt some will even turn out to be positive.

They quite clearly will have to use reserves and QE. They dont make these announcements on a whim.

No they make these announcements specifically to avoid having to use them. It is about market confidence.

Of course you knowing about basic economics will educate me on this just as you have by explaining how the bank has 250billion of reserves. :rolleyes:

You need to take a deep breath and switch off the news for a wee while.

This is not Armageddon.

Huge change yes, but you're acting like it's the end of days. As is always the case there will be unforeseen changes that haven't been thought up yet and no doubt some will even turn out to be positive.

One thing we've learnt is that Boris and co never expected to win and don't have a fucking clue what to do now.

One thing we've learnt is that Boris and co never expected to win and don't have a fucking clue what to do now.

The 'Westminster village' and those connected in the media have never been in such a state.

It's actually thoroughly entertaining.

No, we've learned that most of those at the top of The Tories and Labour are not fit and proper people to run our country.

Given its the result that quite clearly no one including the actual leaders of the campaign wanted except for the mouthbreathing slobbering xenophobic masses then it is a complete disaster. Im genuinely worried at the state of this country, given more people in this country believe what nigel farage, nick griffin and boris johnson have to say over some of the greatest economic minds in the world, coupled with the fact admittedly Farage and Johnson dont even believe half the shite theyve spouted during this campaign.

Are you honestly a YES voter, if so you seriously need to take a good look at yourself and calm down, if we were sitting here on a Sunday morning after a YES vote we'd be facing up to some of the downsides of voting to leave the UK as well, time to be brave and relax a bit.

Given its the result that quite clearly no one including the actual leaders of the campaign wanted except for the mouthbreathing slobbering xenophobic masses then it is a complete disaster. Im genuinely worried at the state of this country, given more people in this country believe what nigel farage, nick griffin and boris johnson have to say over some of the greatest economic minds in the world, coupled with the fact admittedly Farage and Johnson dont even believe half the shite theyve spouted during this campaign.

Greatest economic minds?

Those cooking the books at the top of the financial institutions? Jeezo.

Neoliberal capitalism is facing another crisis less than ten years after the last one. They held it together then and they'll do so again no doubt - but the rules of globalisation are not set in stone.

Your derogatory dismissal of those who voted leave is a huge part of the problem. For forty years whole communities have been destroyed, forgotten, and left behind.

Don't get me wrong race and xenophobia are big factors here - and the c***s in charge of leave exploited that in the most disgusting manner. But the anger felt by so many is real and genuine.

Their anger is justified as well. I'm not saying you shouldn't be angry but you're acting like the world is collapsing around us.

If these folk were engaged fully with politics then we wouldn't be in this situation.

The 'everyone for themselves' mantra has fucked many people over and this was a chance for them to hit back.

Their anger is justified as well. I'm not saying you shouldn't be angry but you're acting like the world is collapsing around us.

If these folk were engaged fully with politics then we wouldn't be in this situation.

The 'everyone for themselves' mantra has fucked many people over and this was a chance for them to hit back.

But it wasn't was it? They haven't hit back at the people who put them in this situation - sure Cameron might be out of a job and who know what Boris is up to, but when the next elections come around it'll still be the same parties standing, the same career politicians doing what's best for them and their mates, the same results as before.

Voting is out of the EU changes nothing for them because the problems they have do not arise because of our membership of the EU.

Their anger is justified but what is the point in blindly voting against something else as a protest? Especially something which actually benefitted them?

Whereas the older generation carefully poured through all the arguments and decided that, when all factors were brought into play, they'd vote No because 'the war or pensions or some shit', aye?

I stated the fact many younger people voted YES as I did too, while I did my research I guarantee many didn't. If I'd voted NO then I'd have said that in my OP that many wouldn't have done research and voted NO for sentimental reason. The trouble with people nowadays is they are too quick to pick up on trivial points and wet their wee panties at every opportunity

How many of the aged No voters do you think pored over the pros and cons of both sides?

Many would have, many wouldn't have. How many YES voters do you reckon researched into the pros and cons on both sides??

But it wasn't was it? They haven't hit back at the people who put them in this situation - sure Cameron might be out of a job and who know what Boris is up to, but when the next elections come around it'll still be the same parties standing, the same career politicians doing what's best for them and their mates, the same results as before.

Voting is out of the EU changes nothing for them because the problems they have do not arise because of our membership of the EU.

Their anger is justified but what is the point in blindly voting against something else as a protest? Especially something which actually benefitted them?

I agree this wasn't the solution they imagined.

But they wanted to throw a grenade into the mix just because they could.

I would also massively dispute the point that the eu has helped them. It encourages free movement of non skilled workers and that has had an impact on wages and jobs (it's not as simple as that obviously but free movement is a factor).

Financially after all this ill be worse off but my wife and I are pretty comfortable, im not even worried about how it will affect me, im probably more annoyed about how it will affect the people whove voted for it without giving a single thought. I dont think the world is crumbling around us, however i do think that our status as a right wing country was cemented on friday and that really angers me. Its so frustrating that so many people including those on here who arent trolls are revelling in this despite not actually knowing what theyve done, like a naughty child. Honestly this is even worse than the last indy vote.

Nothing was cemented on Thursday.

The exact opposite is true.

If they thjnk its bad now wait until the human rights act and eu labour laws are repealed exactly as Boris has said he wants to do.

Then the people concerned can vote Boris and the Tories out and vote Labour (sigh) or some other party back in.

I'm more concerned about getting independence for Scotland. We can never have a proper say in the running of the UK. It will always be about what England wants.

Then the people concerned can vote Boris and the Tories out and vote Labour (sigh) or some other party back in.

That didn't work last time round.

Thirteen years of New Labour and not a single one of Thatcher's anti union laws were touched.

Surely if the past two general elections and the referendum have shown us anything its that people are too blinded by the soundbites to actually work these things out. They were repeatedly told through this referendum what the likely results would be and chose to ignorant in favour of pish written on the side of buses and getting rid of migrants our economy actually needs.

Bloody people eh?

The economic threats were way over the top as well though. It was a horrible campaign all round.

The economy of the last forty years has not worked for millions of people. Why would they want to keep things like they are?

Archived