Are you a 2014 No voter who would now consider Yes?

Fide

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Former No voter who will now definitely vote NO again. f**k Nationalists.

Does that include British Nationalists like you. Stop being such a f**king muppet

Either someone has hijacked Kev's account or, more likely, the simpleton has misunderstood the question.

No i understood the question just fine,many things have changed over the last 2 years,the biggest being yesterday's result and the uncertainty that brings with it.

This is the right time to plan another Indy vote,even if the SNP will still act with caution until they know they can win it.

Because English money propped up the EU.

The EU needs some new net contributors not another dependency state like Scotland.

You are letting your hearts rule your heads because there is no coherent economic case for an independent Scotland. It would fail.

Truth is too many of you  are Angloracists and that is determining your opinions.

The SNP are making a mess of this country and you make out like it's a land of milk and honey

No before and No again.

This.

I was surprised at the vote to leave, but to suggest it will inevitably lead to independence is absolute nonsense.

Also surprised, and embarrassed for, all the posters on here apologising for their previous No vote - pathetic stuff.

IMO it would be a great shame to break up the uk - appreciate the majority on here simply don't agree.

Why on earth anyone would won't to join the political and economic clusterfuck that is the EU is beyond me.

Any for Scotland to adopt the Euro?! I hope the SNP confirm that's what an independent Scotland would do, as if they do the next vote will definitely be No again.

Why on earth anyone would won't to join the political and economic clusterfuck that is the EU is beyond me.

Why on earth would anyone want to remain part of a crumbling, out of touch Union that does f**k all for Scotland?

I'd be interested to hear specifically why you think the EU is a "political and economic clusterfuck", incidentally.

I'd be interested to hear specifically why you think the UK is crumbling and out of touch.

Especially given that your beloved SNP has a disproportionately high number of MPs against percentage of vote and therefore has a real say in the politics and decisions made........ Unlike Scotland, should we secede and join the EU.

You want the euro I assume?

Why on earth would anyone want to remain part of a crumbling, out of touch Union that does f**k all for Scotland?

I'd be interested to hear specifically why you think the EU is a "political and economic clusterfuck", incidentally.

There are many left wing yes voters who feel the same way about the eu fide - and I certainly wouldn't disagree with the term economic clusterfuck.

The snp need to tread very carefully here - and I'm pretty certain a period of reflection is what we'll get.

I hate the Westminster nonsense but you need to get the vision and plan for an independent Scotland right.

This.

I was surprised at the vote to leave, but to suggest it will inevitably lead to independence is absolute nonsense.

Also surprised, and embarrassed for, all the posters on here apologising for their previous No vote - pathetic stuff.

IMO it would be a great shame to break up the uk - appreciate the majority on here simply don't agree.

Any for Scotland to adopt the Euro?! I hope the SNP confirm that's what an independent Scotland would do, as if they do the next vote will definitely be No again.

I agree that tying ourselves to the Euro would be referendum suicide.

Does that include British Nationalists like you. Stop being such a f**king muppet

I am indeed a British Nationalist. I am born of the nation of United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and wish to stay that way. Not to be separated by the Nationalists of Scotland. So f**k the Scottish Nationalists.

There was many projections that it would happen. Sir Ian Wood, for one.

Even Wood was taken aback by the sharp decrease in oil prices. His projections were for further down the line when oil become more difficult/expensive to get out the ground.

I am indeed a British Nationalist. I am born of the nation of United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland and wish to stay that way. Not to be separated by the Nationalists of Scotland. So f**k the Scottish Nationalists.

^^^

I think we have a category A Britnat specimen here. Proper mahogany napper this one.

Ok so you're a nationalist who hates other nationalists. I'm glad we've sorted that out.

So basically xenophobic...

What would you suggest? With rUK outside the EU sterling isn't a option. Setting up our own currency would be hugely expensive and complex. Other small and prosperous countries like us are doing quite nicely with the Euro. It would cut transaction costs for businesses trading with Europe and make holidays cheaper for us and for tourists coming here. The EU would be more likely to smooth our path as well. I agree people would need a lot of persuasion though. An alternative might be to have the Scottish Bawbee directly linked to the Euro at 1-1, but leaving the possibility of changing the rate at a future date, but that would be a lot more complex and I think would scare people more than the Euro. 

I voted no, and still feel inclined to, but I'm probably a lot more open to the idea than I was in 2014.

I don't like idea of being in an independent UK, nor do I like the idea of being in an independent Scotland. I think both options are the wrong one and it comes down to, for me, being whether it's preferable to be independent from the UK but part of Europe, or independent from Europe but part of the U.K. I'm unconvinced that the former option is any better than the latter, but I'm definitely more on the fence than I was.

Though I don't get a vote anyway (but me and my wife pretty much decided yesterday to move back to Scotland) so I guess it doesn't matter.

You'll do what labour tell you to do

Have to disagree. The Euro is a relatively robust and steady currency. I'm sure Nawbags would try to paint Scotland with the Euro in a negative light but they will paint any currency option thus.

What would you suggest? With rUK outside the EU sterling isn't a option. Setting up our own currency would be hugely expensive and complex. Other small and prosperous countries like us are doing quite nicely with the Euro. It would cut transaction costs for businesses trading with Europe and make holidays cheaper for us and for tourists coming here. The EU would be more likely to smooth our path as well. I agree people would need a lot of persuasion though. An alternative might be to have the Scottish Bawbee directly linked to the Euro at 1-1, but leaving the possibility of changing the rate at a future date, but that would be a lot more complex and I think would scare people more than the Euro.

The Euro has its pros and cons but it is still miles better than the Currency Union/Sterlingisation shite we had last referendum.

If we were looking at a longer scale to the next referendum then an iCurrency would be the way to go but given we won't have that time the Euro is the only option on the table.

There are also non-EU countries who use the Euro (Kosovo, Montenegro) and others such as Switzerland where it is an unofficial second currency.

What would you suggest? With rUK outside the EU sterling isn't a option.

I dont have any issue with using the Euro but I dont especially see why using the pound is any less an option now than it was before. They werent going to get an official currency union last time but said they would use it anyway.

Archived