Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine most of the grassroots Labour weirdos that would vote for Corbyn again are also remainers. He could definitely be toast if there is any truth to the sabotage story.

It absolutely reeks of a set-up.

He can't be mental enough to try and remain now; his shadow Cabinet was largely made up of his allies, who weren't planning to knife him. There can't be too many backbenchers willing to jump aborad an obvious sinking ship, with someone who they didn't personally support as leader. Unless he's planning to go into a GE without a shadow cabinet at all then he's already finished.

The thread following the Alex Rowley tweet is fucking glorious.

heads gone, blood letting, yesterdays men and women fighting over the charred remains of a once great party, Absolutely glorious and all done for the benefit of the viewing public.

https://twitter.com/Alex_RowleyMSP/status/747035679792701441

The best bit my far is Hothersall's L'etat c'est moi

I really wanted Corbyn to do well, but it's been an utter disaster from start to finish. I can't believe Twitter is still full of people defending him. The PLP being a*seholes doesn't preclude them from being right. I don't even think a leader with (most of) his ideas would be unelectable, but he certainly is.

The thread following the Alex Rowley tweet is fucking glorious.

heads gone, blood letting, yesterdays men and women fighting over the charred remains of a once great party, Absolutely glorious and all done for the benefit of the viewing public.

https://twitter.com/Alex_RowleyMSP/status/747035679792701441

The best bit my far is Hothersall's L'etat c'est moi

That train of discussion right there - that is why the Labour Party needs to die. That kind of self-obsessed whining and backstabbing is usually the preserve of extreme political parties (on either side of the spectrum). It's beyond embarrassing that these braindead clowns are the "official opposition" in what still thinks it's a major world player.

I really wanted Corbyn to do well, but it's been an utter disaster from start to finish. I can't believe Twitter is still full of people defending him. The PLP being a*seholes doesn't preclude them from being right. I don't even think a leader with (most of) his ideas would be unelectable, but he certainly is.

I have a lot of sympathy for the sentiment in your post. What makes me wary is that many in the PLP were opposed to Corbyn from the minute he was elected; even if he had defied expectations and turned out to be effective they would still want to bump him. They oppose the brand of Labour that he stands for, i.e. genuine Labour not some watered down Tory Party.

Corbyn isn't doing the decent thing and resigning, he's choosing to go out disgracefully. He said he will be a candidate in any potential leadership election.

You mean that Corbyn won't do as the Blairites and the EUphile warmongers tell him to do?

Like it or not, he has a democratic mandate.

Don't see what Corbyn could have done and why he's being asked to go.

Labour looks like going back to being full of career politicians and tory policies.

This. He's had literally no chance to do anything. Get the backstabbers to f**k, if they don't want to be in his labour party they can let someone else stand in the GE

Don't see what Corbyn could have done and why he's being asked to go.

Labour looks like going back to being full of career politicians and tory policies.

Does anybody care what he has to say on anything (apart from his own supporters)?

It is not about whether he is left or right - it is about his ability to impact on anyone else.

I am sure he is a nice guy - but if you ask anyone outside the Labour Party - he is a non-entity.

David Cameron was a weak Prime Minister given an easy ride by a weak opposition.

JC: "Susan from Hartlepool asks if it was a smart move to call a referendum on membership of the EU"

DC: "Uh maybe not!"

Archived