Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The key thing with Jeremy Corbyn is does he have any appeal beyond those who agree with him on everything already - and I mean voters not activists and members?

By comparison, Nicola Sturgeon and Ruth Davidson get praise from people who do not even vote for them.
As a result, they can influence opinion beyond their own support.

I am in no doubt that Jeremy Corbyn is a nice guy who says all the right things as far as the members are concerned.
However party membership is a tiny fraction of the electorate.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The key thing with Jeremy Corbyn is does he have any appeal beyond those who agree with him on everything already - and I mean voters not activists and members?

By comparison, Nicola Sturgeon and Ruth Davidson get praise from people who do not even vote for them.

As a result, they can influence opinion beyond their own support.

I am in no doubt that Jeremy Corbyn is a nice guy who says all the right things as far as the members are concerned.

However party membership is a tiny fraction of the electorate.

They're damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Burnham in 'being a massive shitebag' shock. The number of times that Labour have managed to Dundee their own internal coup over the last decade is astounding. Corbyn is still finished but they've only added further fail to their record by managing to make a complete and utter c**t of his defenestration. 

Truly the gift that keeps on giving. 

More than a few things being banded about regarding Corbyn and his reluctance with the remain campaign. Understandably, it's fueling the fire somewhat as well.

What the f**k is the point in Andy Burnham? Never before I have I seen such a weak, vapid excuse of a politician. Corbyn is what he is, but at least you know he stands for something. Burnham is a substanceless waste of space who seems to offer nothing else than being a professional Northerner. Even then, it would probably transpire that he hates gravy if you dug deep enough into that aspect of him.

Many people don't know Corbyn stands for something though. Because too many times, he has not stood for anything. Sitting on the sidelines or being a shitebag. While it's true that people have been desperate to challenge him, that doesn't mean he hasn't also made sure that they'd be correct to do so.

What has Corbyn actually achieved as leader of the opposition?

He's kept his heard relatively neat. Otherwise f**k all. I quite liked him at first, and had high hopes that something was happening with Labour. Turned out to be a pig in a poke: he may have ideas I agree with, but he's ineffectual, totally lacking in charisma, and slightly creepy, like an Uncle who bounces you on his knee for longer than is comfortable at a family party, when you're seventeen.

He's kept his heard relatively neat. Otherwise f**k all. I quite liked him at first, and had high hopes that something was happening with Labour. Turned out to be a pig in a poke: he may have ideas I agree with, but he's ineffectual, totally lacking in charisma, and slightly creepy, like an Uncle who bounces you on his knee for longer than is comfortable at a family party, when you're seventeen.

That's what I thought.

Archived