Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

And this discussion about whether Corbyn can win an election is pointless. He can't but then neither can the Labour Party in its current state and the moderate wing haven't the faintest clue how to change that. Which is why there's noises about Momentum trying to be build stronger roots within the party I think. The Labour Party haven't a chance for a decade atm and I think anyone who thinks they do is kidding themselves. Which is depressing for anyone who believes in the union or not being wiped out by Tory austerity but you've all got to shoulder part of the blame for that. It didn't start with Corbyn and it won't end when he's eventually removed.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

A wild guess - Owen Smith?

I hope he's voted for Smith, after that train fiasco I could no longer support Corbyn.  If he'd started an illegal war then OK you can forgive that but a publicity stunt that may or may not have backfired; that's inexcusable.

On 8/22/2016 at 11:03, BerwickMad said:

1) No. However I don't think there was anything wrong with the Labour campaign as it was. Emphasising the positives and talking about what the EU does for us. As soon as you start adding negatives into it and confusing the message, straying from the campaign, then you're more likely to cause confusion and muddy the party message.

2) I don't think Labour's EU campaign was much like the Better Together campaign in all honesty.

3) More that they got. Enough to win the campaign. There's an across the board figure, however I'd assume Labour voting London would have had a far higher proportion of Remain voters than in the heartlands of the north. Your question is too simplistic.

Fair enough on the first two even if I don't agree with all of it. The problem wasn't so much the Labour campaign, but the campaign on the whole. Every time David Cameron opened his mouth on the referendum I thought as a Remain voter "please, just shut up. You're going to lose us the referendum". The Labour campaign was good and they didn't get dragged into towing the Tory line unlike BT, but considering Burnham said if he was elected leader he wouldn't campaign with the Tories on the issue, I find Mandleson's criticism of Corbyn for not doing so odd.

On point 3, as daft as it is credit to you for admitting it, if only the plotters had the honesty to do the same.

So now we have the Corbynistas trying to abuse the spirit of the Data Protection Act out of spite after Virgin had shown Corbyn up to be a liar - in doing so all but admitting they've something to hide from the full video.

Considering how fond some of his entourage are of Wikileaks, this is priceless. It would be funny if this pantomime didn't all mean that Maggie May could introduce Modern Apprenticeships in Chimney Sweeping at primary school level and all OAPs upon death to be melted down for glue and she'd still win a massive majority.

The protection of data thing is worth following up. Absolutely. But that doesn't mean folk have to ignore the clusterfuck around it.

His entourage doesn't make it better. Just makes whoever is involved in leaks c***s too.

It's not spiteful to want a company utterly fucked for something like this. Those laws exist for a very good reason.

2 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I hope he's voted for Smith, after that train fiasco I could no longer support Corbyn.  If he'd started an illegal war then OK you can forgive that but a publicity stunt that may or may not have backfired; that's inexcusable.

Whoever decided to take this route needs their head examined - not unless they want Corbyn to look bad.

1 hour ago, NewBornBairn said:

And by trying to get a prosecution against Branson they've ensured this story stays in the public eye for months.

who the f**k is in charge of this guy's strategy?

Branson only owns a portion of Virgin group and Virgin Group own about 10% of Virgin Trains East Coast, its Stagecoach that own 90% of it. 

Very true!

2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

And by trying to get a prosecution against Branson they've ensured this story stays in the public eye for months.

who the f**k is in charge of this guy's strategy?

u2cilcdq.jpg

It's the only logical explanation left - who else has managed to completely screw up a party's electibility so completely before they've even fought an election recently?

Come to think of it, maybe Trump and Corbyn are part of some Illuminati conspiracy to ensure a self-perpetuating ruling class remain in power forever by creating an opposition so drowning in their own shitgibbonry that no one in their right mind would vote for it no matter how moronic, stupid or cruel the government was.

What was it Marx said again about history repeating itself, first as tragedy, the second as farce? This is the new totalitarianism - we've had the tragedy (fascism/nazism and communism), now we've got the farce.

Archived