Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Sky News reported a couple of hours ago that Angela Eagle and Tom Watson were meeting to decide which one of them would emerge as the challenger candidate. Now denials being issued that there was ever such a meeting. Dan Jarvis and Yvette Cooper both reported to be canvassing their colleagues. 

Hopefully a clearer picture will emerge shortly. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dan Jarvis would be my preferred leader long term, but for the time being my preference would be Watson.

Wouldn't surprise me too much to see Yvette Cooper getting it.

Angela Eagle would be my least preferred option of the four. I really hope Corbyn decides to resign and not to stand, for the good of the party. Sadly I can't see it.

Corbyn loses by 172 votes to 40

Surely losing a vote by this margin and not resigning is unprecedented for any party leader?

Also, if Angela Eagle is the best Labour can come up with they really are in trouble. She makes Corbyn look not actually that bad.

Surely losing a vote by this margin and not resigning is unprecedented for any party leader?

It's pretty incredible that he has the audacity to carry on. He clearly cares more about his supporters than he does about the party. I wonder if he even wants to be Prime Minister, or if he just wants to be the head of a left-wing protest movement.

It's pretty incredible that he has the audacity to carry on. He clearly cares more about his supporters than he does about the party. I wonder if he even wants to be Prime Minister, or if he just wants to be the head of a left-wing protest movement.

His supporters are the party champ.

^^^^ Thinks the PLP is the Labour Party. :lol:

Another shadow Cabinet minister bites the dust. It is remarkable to see the extent to which the Corbyn brigade as well as buckled left wellwishers from outside the party have circled their wagons around such an utter loser, with no hope of gaining political credibility in this Parliament.

Absolutely hilarious as it hastens the implosion of Labour of course, but remarkable more than anything else. Imagine the cult of personality they'd be trying to generate around a left candidate who wasn't utterly shit. 

[*]Presented evidence of a paedophile network to parliament

Looking like a credulous conspiracy nut on that now, bullying dying men with discredited and very tenuous "evidence".

Ive just remembered that he got put on the leadership contest the last time as a way to please the left aswell :lol:

Remember all the party types going please run jezza

His supporters are the party champ.

Actually a lot of them aren't Labour Party members.

Why Lord Collins and the NEC thought it was appropriate to have members and registered and affiliated supporters counted as equal is beyond me.

I also believe that any leader needs to have the support not just of members but the PLP as well - in fact an electoral college . . . maybe along the lines of a third members, a third MPs and a third Trade Unions . . . the system they has before that was fine but that the Labour leadership binned because they were scared of the MSM distorting the Trade Union link.

They now have an abortion of an electoral system - I can only see this ending in a bloodbath.

@MichaelLCrick

SNP Parliamentary leader Angus Robertson may claim at PMQs tmrw he should be deemed Leader of Opposition as has 56 MPs behind him; Corbyn 40

#scenes

Archived