Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit

FlyerTon

Next UK Labour Leader - post Brexit  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm not in the Labour Party, chump, and look forward to their inevitable death as a rump outfit. Which is coming regardless of which way they choose to get roundly fucked in the next election.

Ultimately it's people like me, easily capable of grasping basic, literally undergraduate psephology, who can state with facts that a left-wing Labour party cannot win a general election. Not a single scrap of evidence based on the actual UK electorate supports your delusional, fanboy claims.

Gutted for you.

I didn't say you were in the labour party. I said you were a right wing p***k, and that similar right wing p***ks in the labour party are desperately trying to prevent a left wing labour option at the next election.

I'm not predicting a corbyn election victory. I'm just fed up with a Tory light alternative. There's far too much emphasis on the cult of the leader in Anglo American politics. We need something different, and Corbyn is undoubtedly different. Whether or not he'll succeed is a different matter. But he's already had a pretty big influence on politics in this country.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

I didn't say you were in the labour party. I said you were a right wing p***k, and that similar right wing p***ks in the labour party are desperately trying to prevent a left wing labour option at the next election.

I'm not predicting a corbyn election victory. I'm just fed up with a Tory light alternative. There's far too much emphasis on the cult of the leader in Anglo American politics. We need something different, and Corbyn is undoubtedly different. Whether or not he'll succeed is a different matter. But he's already had a pretty big influence on politics in this country.

Seriously don't waste your time.  Virginton has no politics, he just posts shite with gratuitous stupidity thrown in.  It's not a serious contribution and doesn't deserve any response.

I'm not right-wing at all. Being able to objectively assess the clown-running-across-a-minefield shambles that is the Labour left - and its delusional views as to how the UK electorate thinks - is a fact-based position, not an ideology-based delusion. Hence why losers like yourself struggle with that concept. As I said, your beloved Laebur is absolutely fucked, regardless of whether the mumbleclown leads them into the next election or not.

Corbyn has had absolutely no measurable impact on UK politics - nothing has changed, other than the fact that the next set of Labour cheerleaders will take their next, inevitable shoeing by the electorate with less dignity and without the good sense to chuck it that gormless Ed Milliband managed. Failing whilst in political opposition by definition influences nothing.

Seriously don't waste your time.  Virginton has no politics, he just posts shite with gratuitous stupidity thrown in.  It's not a serious contribution and doesn't deserve any response.

Erm no: posting shite is what you did, when you claimed that the PLP caused the mumbleclown to suddenly trail in opinion polls. Which was proven to be utter bollocks.

Thanks for playing anyway, you pish-stained geriatric.

11 hours ago, vikingTON said:

An effective opposition at Westminster doesn't involve the mumbleclown. Not that anyone should care anyway, as Westminster's deficiencies only hammer home the case for Scottish independence.

Unless you're a "Laebur left me" roaster like yourself, of course.

Seeing as we're not independent yet, an effective opposition would be pleasant.

Oh, and Labour DID leave me.

HTH.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36922609

I've been critical of the BBC coverage but in fairness this seems fairly balanced.  The comments about entryism is similar to how I thought it would be.

I agree. Certainly I spoke to a few people at the rally in York last night who basically see a chance to reclaim the party values which Labour used to stand for - and these were people of a variety of ages, races, and levels of commitment to political engagement. I reckon, as Corbyn said last night, we're seeing the revival of Labour as a social movement. The look on some faces as they scanned a packed St Helens Square and realised that there's many others who share their views was enough to give me hope that change is possible.

21 minutes ago, BerwickMad said:

His article doesn't address one single concern that people have about him. He's relying on peoples naivety, rather than proving himself to people that he needs to prove himself to. His argument that he's left wing, merely because he says he is, isn't going to wash with the vast majority of the membership.

He rightly points out that the Corbyn leadership is an unmitigated disaster. He also rightly points out the PLP coup was also an unmitigated disaster. The party is a mess. That is obvious. But the article IMO is just him throwing his arms up in the air in his own pitiful tear stained indulgence.

He offers no solutions or ideas to what can be done. It is obvious to me as a party member that Labour are dead forever. There will be Tory rule in England perpetually as England is a naturally conservative nation. The only way a Labour Party up here can survive and grow is through independence.

On 30/07/2016 at 16:33, WhiteRoseKillie said:

we're seeing the revival of Labour as a social movement. The look on some faces as they scanned a packed St Helens Square and realised that there's many others who share their views was enough to give me hope that change is possible.

About 15-18% of people would trust Corbyn on the economy, think he is providing a decent opposition and think he would make a better PM than May. He has the lowest personal rating of any Labour or Tory leader since polling began, he has seen the Labour vote pretty much rooted to its core c. 30% vote on national voting intentions, he has done nothing to to appeal beyond the Labour core and his fanbois seem intent on alienating many within that core who do not like him, his flag ship issue, the nuclear deterrent is the wrong side of public polling. I calculated the average polling for three time tranches

Labour average Election to Dec 2015 30.81395
Laboue average Jan-Brexit 31.66667
Labour average brexit to now 30.8

Contrary to what people will tell you, the Labour vote is hovering around the 30% level with little actual change. It seems as if a significant % of the Labour vote is currently in spite of St Jeremy rather than because of him. 

If you want a social movement join the Women's Institute. Labour is a political party that is set up to build a coalition of enough voters, with their diverse interests and aims to form a ruling government under the Westminister system. Here are the votes from 2015

Party    Leader    MPs    Votes
Of total            Of total    
Conservative Party        David Cameron    330    50.8%    11,300,109    36.8%    
Labour Party        Ed Miliband    232    35.7%    9,347,324    30.5%    
Scottish National Party        Nicola Sturgeon    56    8.6%    1,454,436    4.7%    
Liberal Democrats        Nick Clegg    8    1.2%    2,415,862    7.9%    
Democratic Unionist Party        Peter Robinson    8    1.2%    184,260    0.6%    
Sinn Féin        Gerry Adams    4    0.6%    176,232    0.6%    
Plaid Cymru        Leanne Wood    3    0.5% 181,704    0.6%    
Social Democratic & Labour Party        Alasdair McDonnell    3    0.5%    99,809    0.3%    
Ulster Unionist Party        Mike Nesbitt    2    0.3%    114,935    0.4%    
UK Independence Party        Nigel Farage    1    0.2%    3,881,099    12.7%    
Green Party        Natalie Bennett    1    0.2%    1,157,613    3.8%    

Labour got 9.3 million votes, it needs to add something like 2 million voters without driving any voters to other parties, or adding 2 million plus as many more new voters as those who leave for other parties. It needs to do so in marginals where there is little evidence that radical far left politics has much appeal and there is a strong distrust of the current Labour leadership. 

I don't see much wrong with Owen Jones' article other than his apparent naivety of the motivations of the PLP.  It would certainly be beneficial for Corbyn to have a better PR strategy.

When did Berwick Mad or JMOthecat last post anything criticising the Tories?

On Facebook yesterday. This thread is about the Labour leadership contest. Infact even on here I've talked about the damage the Tories are doing and the effect it's having on the people I work with. Which is why I want a strong Labour Party.

Archived