Night out cancellation excuses

sjc

What's the worst excuse you've given or received for not going on a prearranged night out?

The captain of the team I played for in my student days in Manchester phoned to tell me he couldn't make the team night out as his daughter was in hospital...critical by the sound of it.....hard to tell as it was a bad line and I wasn't really listening.......only for her to attend our game the following Saturday to cheer him on totally oblivious of her apparent ailments from the previous weekend!

Unfortunately the helmet that was his son in law made the night out. :(

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Received and then given for a night out when I really couldn't be bothered going. 

People don't always accept "I can't be bothered" and try and take it as a challenge to force you to go.

Better to have some feeble excuse ready that no one really believes IMO.

Had someone dinghy us for a night-out before because "the final of Big Brother is on". 

Probably says as much about us as the company we kept. 

It would be hard not to take that personally!

Had a boy cancel on us because his girlfriend (whom he didn't live with it, and she stayed with her mum and dad) had suspected Bird Flu (when it was all the rage) and he was going to look after her. I was fucked off as this was about an hour before and we were going out. I basically questioned what he could do that the hospital couldn't. She was just an insecure cow who didn't want him to go out and he was so under the thumb he didn't have the balls to tell her to beat it.

The same boy cancelled a few years before with 2 other boys. I wasn't there but they told me he walked half way to town with them, went to Tesco, bought some hair dye and said he was going home to dye his hair and would catch up with them. Needless to say he never did. Fanny.

Archived