Night out cancellation excuses

sjc

^^^would have dished out the telt by kicking over Mortar Boreds can of cider and a volley of verbal abuse in the middle of Falkirk High St.....

I am highly offended by this! I might be a jake-ball, but I draw the line at visiting Falkirk!

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Went to a barbecue party on a beautiful summer's day at couple of newly wed's. The husband's friends and family were all swigging beers and munching in the garden, hers spent the whole afternoon watching Big Brother live in the sitting room.

You are friends with scumbags.

On a similar note, a pal of mine went to a small engagement party in a house where everyone say and watched the first live "Eastenders" episode a few years back!

You are friends with someone who is friends with scumbags.

I was out with my wife for a meal just before Xmas. We were sat at the table with a large plasma screen showing the Xfactor final on the wall beside us.

As the big moment came to announce the winner of who gives a shit, the entire restaurant including waitresses are staring in our direction.

The temptation to push that off button was incredible.

You ate in a place full of scumbags.

Quite a few of my pals are still in hospitality and seem to forget I'm not anymore, and still phone me at quarter past midnight telling me to 'get my arse down to the pub'. Fortunately I don't have to be particularly creative in my excuses for that one.

Being a Dad is always the trump card to get out of a night out no questions asked.

'Sorry boys, have to get the wee man tonight'. Works a treat.

"I've got a Scouts thing tonight" in my case, although I very rarely make poor excuses.

You ate in a place full of scumbags.

Agreed.

I'd imagine that result was so imporant that if I asked anyone who was there that night who won? They wouldn't have a clue.

X factor viewers are a strange lot.

Just clocked a Tweet that some random boy has posted: it's a series of screenshots of his group chat and one of the boys has announced that he won't be going to T in the Park because he has to see his girlfriend's dance show on the Friday night and her family won't be there so he's going for support. When he got called out on the bullshit (turns out the girlfriend is going to TITP herself), he reveals that it is in fact his girlfriend's sister's dance show that he's going to. :lol:

BEASTLY and shitebag behaviour.

ETA: it's actually quite a nice gesture but it's overshadowed by the fact that he appears to have left his pals in a very shite position in terms of pre-arranged driving arrangements etc.

Just clocked a Tweet that some random boy has posted: it's a series of screenshots of his group chat and one of the boys has announced that he won't be going to T in the Park because he has to see his girlfriend's dance show on the Friday night and her family won't be there so he's going for support. When he got called out on the bullshit (turns out the girlfriend is going to TITP herself), he reveals that it is in fact his girlfriend's sister's dance show that he's going to. :lol:

BEASTLY and shitebag behaviour.

ETA: it's actually quite a nice gesture but it's overshadowed by the fact that he appears to have left his pals in a very shite position in terms of pre-arranged driving arrangements etc.

Doing his girlfriends sister. Tap Boi!

Archived