Night out cancellation excuses

sjc

Just clocked a Tweet that some random boy has posted: it's a series of screenshots of his group chat and one of the boys has announced that he won't be going to T in the Park because he has to see his girlfriend's dance show on the Friday night and her family won't be there so he's going for support. When he got called out on the bullshit (turns out the girlfriend is going to TITP herself), he reveals that it is in fact his girlfriend's sister's dance show that he's going to. :lol:

BEASTLY and shitebag behaviour.

ETA: it's actually quite a nice gesture but it's overshadowed by the fact that he appears to have left his pals in a very shite position in terms of pre-arranged driving arrangements etc.

throbber

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They had forgotten it was their dads birthday and there was a meal pre-arranged when his dad wasn't even in the country.

They "fell asleep putting the wee man to sleep" which is complete bullshit and, if true, dangerous. This same person has also left numerous nights out as a result of issues with the "wee man". One was where him and his missus left without a word but everyone could see them trying to sneak past the window of the pub as apparently the "wee man" wouldnt settle in his mother in laws house and they desperately needed to leave to go put him to sleep.

One of the saddest cancellations I've been on the end of was when me and two mates were going to a gig the night of an Old Firm game. My mate had bought a ticket for my other mate as he was skint and we had planned to meet up after the game and get some more drinks and head into the gig only for the skint mate to tell us that he was staying in the pub to "celebrate the win" instead of going to see a guy he had wanted to see for years and also leaving my mate in the lurch. Luckily he was able to offload the ticket cause you can bet there was no way skinto was going to give him the money for a ticket to a gig he never went to. Disgrace of a boy.

They had forgotten it was their dads birthday and there was a meal pre-arranged when his dad wasn't even in the country.

They "fell asleep putting the wee man to sleep" which is complete bullshit and, if true, dangerous. This same person has also left numerous nights out as a result of issues with the "wee man". One was where him and his missus left without a word but everyone could see them trying to sneak past the window of the pub as apparently the "wee man" wouldnt settle in his mother in laws house and they desperately needed to leave to go put him to sleep.

What an absolute disgrace. Imagine actively being a parent to your child and giving its needs and well-being precedence over going drinking with your mates. The sheer fucking audacity of it.

What an absolute disgrace. Imagine actively being a parent to your child and giving its needs and well-being precedence over going drinking with your mates. The sheer fucking audacity of it.

post-40259-14677237431109_thumb.jpg

Girlfriends rabbit ill

This was the reason one of my best mates left my wedding early with his other half. Shocking state of affairs

What an absolute disgrace. Imagine actively being a parent to your child and giving its needs and well-being precedence over going drinking with your mates. The sheer fucking audacity of it.

Its crazy isn't it?!

To be fair, the part you've highlighted does come across as being rude. Fair enough leaving a group if there is a problem with the kid but if it looks like they've just upped-and-left for no reason - and the way that it's been explained, they just walked out without a word - then it is going to come across as quite dickish. At least say that there's a problem with the kid. It might not be a popular explanation but at least it's better than just walking out without saying a word.

There is some background to it as well, the mother in law had text his daughter to say whilst we were out to say that that was the wean sleeping and her mum had also told me previously that the wife wouldn't give her a minute whenever she goes out and even if there was anything up with the wee man she wouldn't actually say as she's had 3 weans herself and this is her 5th grandweans (typical maw type patter). They just couldn't be arsed staying anymore is the general consensus that the group arrived at.

He also took the car to our mates stag do night out as he had her pals mans stag do the next night and wanted to be fresh. Does...does that help?

"I'm on antibiotics" is my absolute pet hate. If you don't want to come out that's fine, but don't be giving me that absolute car crash of an excuse.

Take the tablets, and get yer self down the pub, that's what I'd say. Cheap night, you'll be pissed a lot quicker.

There is some background to it as well, the mother in law had text his daughter to say whilst we were out to say that that was the wean sleeping and her mum had also told me previously that the wife wouldn't give her a minute whenever she goes out and even if there was anything up with the wee man she wouldn't actually say as she's had 3 weans herself and this is her 5th grandweans (typical maw type patter). They just couldn't be arsed staying anymore is the general consensus that the group arrived at.

He also took the car to our mates stag do night out as he had her pals mans stag do the next night and wanted to be fresh. Does...does that help?

If you talk the way you type I'm not surprised people f**k off halfway through a night out with you.

"I can't come out for a few months boys, I'm saving up for my girlfriend's holiday (which he wasn't going on) I'd like to come out but she's the boss you know!"

At which point I snapped and asked “how the f**k is she the boss?? She doesn’t work, doesn’t even sign on, you work 6 days a week so you can pay rent and utilities for both of you. She’s not a boss, she’s whore!

We don't really talk anymore

Take the tablets, and get yer self down the pub, that's what I'd say. Cheap night, you'll be pissed a lot quicker.

I've declined a night out as I was on antibiotics once, but I was under the impression that you would be a shockingly drunk mess if you did so. I read up on it and apparently there is only two types of antibiotics that are really not meant to be mixed with alcohol as it can have some bad side effects. The rest is just an advisory that there may be some slight side effects but mostly it can stop the tablets from working properly so its advised that you don't drink.

"I can't come out for a few months boys, I'm saving up for my girlfriend's holiday (which he wasn't going on) I'd like to come out but she's the boss you know!"

At which point I snapped and asked “how the f**k is she the boss?? She doesn’t work, doesn’t even sign on, you work 6 days a week so you can pay rent and utilities for both of you. She’s not a boss, she’s whore!

We don't really talk anymore

Harsh but fair.

I've declined a night out as I was on antibiotics once, but I was under the impression that you would be a shockingly drunk mess if you did so. I read up on it and apparently there is only two types of antibiotics that are really not meant to be mixed with alcohol as it can have some bad side effects. The rest is just an advisory that there may be some slight side effects but mostly it can stop the tablets from working properly so its advised that you don't drink.

Fair point. Done it once, went to a music quiz at one my old haunts in Kirkcaldy, had an abscess. And was on strong penicillin, and said I wasn't drinking. Until the prize for one of the Rounds in the quiz was a tray of shots....

Archived