Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

3 minutes ago, Mr X said:
12 minutes ago, Robin.Hood said:
 Been doing plenty side stuff. 
20210807_204740.thumb.jpg.9c888bdae11ffda1876c3b1795bddb77.jpg

I stand by my original statement

Ha maybe. Been fairly straight forward. Gonna go back to challenges after it I think. It goes quick. Unsure how many hours I've put in granted it's all I play 

Ha maybe. Been fairly straight forward. Gonna go back to challenges after it I think. It goes quick. Unsure how many hours I've put in granted it's all I play 
PS4? Go onto the social club(?) page at the beginning and it'll tell you.

26 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
1 hour ago, Robin.Hood said:

PS4? Go onto the social club(?) page at the beginning and it'll tell you.

Ah need to sign up to rockstar 

Dinosaur bones ? Any easy way to find them? 
Also the satchel any way I can get rid of stuff I no longer need like notes or drawings etc ? 

YouTube clips!

No idea about the satchel tbh. I didn't know you could empty it.

I don't think you can regarding satchel just wish I could
There are also maps online for the dinosaur bones and carvings. Gives a little bit of balance between cheating and still having to work a little bit.

You can drop things from the satchel but not if they are "quest related".

Did dreamcatchers yesterday.  Even with guides some of them are still tough going. 
Legendary animals.... hqvnt managed to kill any. Spotted 2 and both times ( alligator and wolf) destroyed me 

I don't think I ever did the dreamcatchers. I found one or two randomly but never went after the others.

I didnt find the legendary animals too bad. Just make sure you know how the tracking works (took me a while to figure it out properly) and use a high calibre rifle with a long range scope. But keep a repeater or something short range just in case they get close.

You don't need to worry about using the "right" weapon or getting a clean kill the way you do with perfect pelts.

I'm doing another playthrough, finally trying to get that 100% before Death Stranding DIrectors Cut arrives and I spend the next few months on that.  This'll be my 3rd I think, and while it's still up there as a favourite, it definitely has its problems.  Most of them are fairly minor, but the one that's jumping out at me on this playthrough is actually parts of the story. General spoilers I had, but I'm no' tagging them.

So generally the game does a good job of managing to tell a fairly linear narrative inside an open-world game.  It should do, Rockstar have had a lot of practice with it.  It's easily their best offering, well written and some really moving parts on it.  But I think there's parts where it really struggles with putting you on rails and forcing you down a linear route.  Now that's not necessarily a bad thing, but when most of the game is this honour balance between whether you want to be a bad guy or a good guy, they don't half give you points where they give you zero options as to which way you're going.  I know it's kind of key to the whole plot, but the debt collecting missions always stick out for me.  You can be a fucking saint through the whole game, yet you've got 4 or 5 missions where your only option is to be a despicable c**t.  No nuance, no options to change, just a complete dick.  Then later, when you're in Saint Denis you talk to that nun who seems absolutely desperate to paint you as a good guy.  On the mission where you have to chase down a pickpocket to get her crucifix back, on the way back to meet her I killed two guys in an alley because I fucked up the controls and lamped one of them.  Then you go back to her, and she talks about what a good guy you are.  I know she's quite key to the later plot too, but it just always jars with me when you get this world where you can do anything, but the story becomes too rigid.  I'm sure they could have written something looser which was still as impactful.

On the positive side though, game's still very, very good.  I'd been charging through missions where necessary, but now that I'm trying to finish challenges, it is easy just to wander around and appreciate what they've built.  It's endlessly annoying that RDRO can be such a cesspit, so much potential there.

2 hours ago, Mr X said:

Same. General fishing to catch food is fine but catching the legendarys takes toooo long, its just a pain in the arse

Yup it will be a no for me. Get myself pretty pissed off haha 

143/144 cigarette cards. Second last one was a disaster but managed to do it. Last one is watching 5 shows in 5 days to open curtains.

I didn't mind the fishing. It does take an absolute age to reel them in but I only ever went to catch them when I wasn't arsed about doing anything else so felt it best to use that time to catch a fish.

I did have a rage quit the first time I caught one though. It was near a lighthouse and due to my standing position I was unable to get it back to my horse. It eventually fell in the water and I was of course fizzing. I'm not sure what I did though as I got another shot at it later on.

12 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I didn't mind the fishing. It does take an absolute age to reel them in but I only ever went to catch them when I wasn't arsed about doing anything else so felt it best to use that time to catch a fish.

I did have a rage quit the first time I caught one though. It was near a lighthouse and due to my standing position I was unable to get it back to my horse. It eventually fell in the water and I was of course fizzing. I'm not sure what I did though as I got another shot at it later on.

I've only managed 1 and that was on a side mission you do I think it was a pike ( if this wasn't legendary then I'm no where near it )