Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

47 minutes ago, spud131 said:
1 hour ago, Miguel Sanchez said:
The Pro may well still be noisy for a game like this (of all the Pro-enhanced games I've played on mine, it seems to make the most noise when I'm in a menu in Gran Turismo Sport) but if you have the TV to play it on I don't see any reason to not get one. Personally I'd wait and you'll probably get a decent Black Friday deal on it, but I understand that might not be your priority right now. 

Do you feel there is a noticeable difference with the graphics? I've been fairly underwhelmed with 4k Netflix and amazon so far.

I've only ever had a Pro, but it seems like all the comments I've seen about them suggest it depends on the game. 

Another factor too depends on how many games you're likely to buy in the future. If PS4 games are still coming out in 1.5/2 years' time then the 4K/Pro would make a big difference by that point. 

2 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Not sure how I'm going to fit 90 gb on my machine. Is it still not possible to add an extra hard drive to the original ps4s? 

Nah PS4 has been able to use external hard drives for a while now.

22 minutes ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Never knew that cheers. Any recommendations for a hard drive? Take it I just connect it via a USB? 

I installed a bigger internal drive on my PS4 before this came in so can't say how it runs for the ps4 specifically but I have the external seagate drive mentioned here for my Xbox and never had any issues with it at all.

https://www-jelly-deals.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.jelly.deals/2018/09/11/best-ps4-external-hard-drive/amp/?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQECAFYAQ%3D%3D#aoh=15400352402690&amp_ct=1540035245457&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From %1%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.jelly.deals%2F2018%2F10%2F19%2Fbest-ps4-external-hard-drive%2F

Not sure how I'm going to fit 90 gb on my machine. Is it still not possible to add an extra hard drive to the original ps4s? 
Why not just delete the games you're not playing an re-install them when you go back to them?

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
6 hours ago, Boostin said:

Why not just delete the games you're not playing an re-install them when you go back to them?

All the saved data will be gone won't it?

All the saved data will be gone won't it?
Nah. I reckoned that's what you'd think. As it's what I used to think! If you go to management you just delete the games you want. They'll stay in your library if it's a digital download. Your saved game data is entirely separate (I'm sure that's exactly what it's called down the list) and therefore it'll remain even if you delete the game.

I do it all the time. Have a look and it'll make more sense to you what I'm describing.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Nah. I reckoned that's what you'd think. As it's what I used to think! If you go to management you just delete the games you want. They'll stay in your library if it's a digital download. Your saved game data is entirely separate (I'm sure that's exactly what it's called down the list) and therefore it'll remain even if you delete the game.

I do it all the time. Have a look and it'll make more sense to you what I'm describing.

You can also upload your save files to a cloud backup i believe

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Didn't realise that. I'm not a big game player but looking forward to this one. So even if I delete disc games I've installed, all saved data will be fine if I reinstall? 

Didn't realise that. I'm not a big game player but looking forward to this one. So even if I delete disc games I've installed, all saved data will be fine if I reinstall? 
Yeah. Go to "Storage" and then when you click on "Applications" you can delete anything in there and will be able to download it again from your library or when you put the disc in. "Saved Data" is your 'memory card'. Don't delete anything in that one and you'll be fine.

IMG_20181020_214233103.jpg

38 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yeah. Go to "Storage" and then when you click on "Applications" you can delete anything in there and will be able to download it again from your library or when you put the disc in. "Saved Data" is your 'memory card'. Don't delete anything in that one and you'll be fine.

IMG_20181020_214233103.jpg

Got it, cheers. 

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 12:08, Boostin' Kev said:

I bought a 2tb hard drive (Seagate, I believe) a couple of years back and swapped out my ps4 hard drive for it.  There are plenty of youtube videos that'll take you through the process.

Even with a 2tb hard drive, I'm having to clear space in advance of RDR2.

24 minutes ago, Fide said:

I bought a 2tb hard drive (Seagate, I believe) a couple of years back and swapped out my ps4 hard drive for it.  There are plenty of youtube videos that'll take you through the process.

Even with a 2tb hard drive, I'm having to clear space in advance of RDR2.

Can I attach it via USB rather than opening up the ps4? 

2 hours ago, Boostin' Kev said:

Can I attach it via USB rather than opening up the ps4? 

Fraid not.  With PS4 you have to open up the machine.  It's surprisingly straightforward.   I think it took no more than 10 minutes  The hard drive cost me around £80.  Just make sure your existing hard drive is backed up first of all.