Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

I've only got one gripe at the moment but I'll hold back on it until I've played a bit more. Everything else is just magnificent so far.

I cannot get this gif to embed, not for want of trying, but they've definitely improved this mechanic

https://imgur.com/a/HNHXrOe

Edited by Fuctifano

9 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

IMG_4661.jpg
It's a waiting game now.

There still a secret achievement for that like the last game?

1 hour ago, Swarley said:

Anyone seen any cougars yet? Those things still give me a cold sweat.

Riding alone and all of a sudden you see it running at you through the bushes (especially near Fort Mercer). Or worse it's just randomly there taking a swipe at you from the roadside along with it's scream

Riding alone and all of a sudden you see it running at you through the bushes (especially near Fort Mercer). Or worse it's just randomly there taking a swipe at you from the roadside along with it's scream
Yes, completely silent, the scream, you're dead!

I found it pretty boring for the first hour or so but it picks up once your into it.

First hour or two is really slow but can see why they've done it, there's a lot to pick up and if you didn't do that and understand these things then you probably wouldn't enjoy the rest of the game properly. I enjoyed the pace of it too but maybe because I'm such a big fan and don't play many games.

Playing it I can't help think to myself on how they can actually improve on this going forward. The thought that games are going to expand on this and get better in the future is incredible

Yeah I'm finding it slow the now but I'm not even 2 hours in and feel it's effectively one long tutorial; which is a good thing IMO.

A wee thing but a cracking touch. On the PS4 controller the light strip stays red [emoji38]

I ran over a dog with my horse....

Spoiler giphy.gif&key=e6df610114debc5b38a591b9192b92ab6f95a2ba9a2d6e20cf39551c990e4b1a

I helped a random guy with something. Git back in my wagon and ran over the guy's horse so quickly went from a white thumb to a red. Not only that but I had passengers who were praising me and then after the incident the programme obviously re-jiged to give me the negative narrative [emoji38]

I think I might just become totally dishonourable. It seems like it'll be a whole lot less stressful.

I ran over a dog with my horse....

Spoiler giphy.gif&key=e6df610114debc5b38a591b9192b92ab6f95a2ba9a2d6e20cf39551c990e4b1a

I spooked a dog in front of a train. No sign of any body so I guess it just got disintegrated. :(

Anyone else ride their horse into a tree? That's fun!

I shall be playing this heroically.
I started off that way too. But after having a bath in town (no happy ending) I had an argument with someone, shot them instead of punching them, there was a witness, they Lee Wallaced me to the Law, and I had to run for my life.

No but in one of the early mission where you spot a bear and you are meant to go find another path.  I tried to take it out with my bow and arrow on horseback.  I thought it was dead, got off my horse, and it got up and charged again.  Not knowing the buttons I panicked and instead of having a gun selected I just had my fists.  I punched my horse clean down a waterfall :lol: