Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

I don't want to complete story too fast. Keeping the missions on hold a bit, at about 37 percent in LeMoyne. Recently been edging in and out of missions and found a very funny side mission in Van Horn, BERTRAM. Done some more of that then came across a bait shop in Lagras, some swamp fishing, alligator hunting and then caught my first legendary fish. Came across a ghost town called pleasance which I hung about for a bit, very spooky reading tombstones etc. Next time I play I'm away to take a trip to catch that big b*****d bear.

7 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

I've just got Epilogue Part II to go, but I couldn't agree more with what you said. Beautiful.

It's the last mission in Epilogue Part II that is utterly stunning

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's not a spoiler on the main game but it's one of the white dots so if folk would rather discover them in the game and not be notified here then I'd suggest you stop reading here.

Has anyone come across the k k k yet? (Don't want to put it in Caps as it'll stand out obviously!). I left Strawberry last night and they were all surrounding a cross about to light it. Something happens and then they all go their separate ways. I killed the leader in black and was pleased to see I didn't get a red thumb!

Saw them for the first time today, they were initiating a new member. I started laying into them and was onto the last one, when a passer-by came on the scene and joined in on their side. It was a black guy... ashamed to say I executed him and the witness that popped by as I was dragging bodies off the road.

Met the famous fisherman guy last night and he gave me a map of where all the legendary fish are. Spent a solid 2 hours just fishing and I loved every second of it.

Word of advice, you need to go to the bait shop in lagras to get special lures to catch the legendary fish. Spent a good while not realising this, fed the camp very well though. [emoji23]

Got the legendary bear, cover scent on and hid up a rock, poor thing never knew where I was. Took a trip down the east coast and got my second legendary fish in the Elysian pool. Nearly lost it though as I was jumped by a cougar and some wolves on my way to the post office. Gun ooot at all times up there.

Word of advice, you need to go to the bait shop in lagras to get special lures to catch the legendary fish. Spent a good while not realising this, fed the camp very well though. [emoji23]

Got the legendary bear, cover scent on and hid up a rock, poor thing never knew where I was. Took a trip down the east coast and got my second legendary fish in the Elysian pool. Nearly lost it though as I was jumped by a cougar and some wolves on my way to the post office. Gun ooot at all times up there.
Aye, thankfully I headed for the tackle shop straight away to pick up some special lures.

Also managed to bag the bear, just absolutely sprayed it with bullets before and during it's charge towards me, a few stabs and a few more shots whilst it was on top of me done the trick.

23 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

It's not a spoiler on the main game but it's one of the white dots so if folk would rather discover them in the game and not be notified here then I'd suggest you stop reading here.

Has anyone come across the k k k yet? (Don't want to put it in Caps as it'll stand out obviously!). I left Strawberry last night and they were all surrounding a cross about to light it. Something happens and then they all go their separate ways. I killed the leader in black and was pleased to see I didn't get a red thumb!

On mine I was preparing to shoot them and there was an accident they all went on fire except one guy who ran off. Or if they weren't all burned they ran in the opposite direction. I shot the one I saw running in the back and got positive rep.  Think it was pretty near Valentine where a family are erecting a house or a barn. 

Thought I'd hit my first bad glitch but the game rescued it- was hunting the legendary moose at the edge of a deep river, and when I took it down the carcass drifted out and sunk at a point where it was too deep to skin. Was thinking that was my chance gone but when I camped / slept the notification box said that the parts had been taken to the trapper and it's showing as skinned in the compendium.

Had my most satisfying experience of the game so far, will put in spoilers although it only relates to "white dot" random encounter rather than story or side mission

Spoiler

Chasing the eugenics guy in St Denis for ages deliberately until we were out of town and no witnesses, then hogtying him, and throwing him into the river

I actually had my first major glitch today. Had my gun withdrawn and went to holster it but it kept looping between drawing and holstering. Couldn't do anything, tried to get off my horse but nowt. In the end I ran into a random guy and kept barging him until he shot me. That fixed it [emoji38]

I think I just got attacked by zombies...

I was in the middle of another fishing session and found a guy hanging from a tree. Naturally, I stopped to investigate, before 3 zombie type folk started attacking me. Shat myself, so I jumped onto my horse and bolted to my next fishing destination.

Rid/Rode right back to the start as I didn't do too much investigating round there. Truly stunning game.
20181106_210249.thumb.jpg.199dd9b3e4788e9e964dddb93364758b.jpg
Is it worthwhile going back?
Yes. Get up to Lake Isabella and find the White Arabian horse. One of the fastest horses in the game. I eventually got it today. The handling is a lot smoother I think and she's significantly quicker.

Found my first glitch. Very, very minor spoiler but I'll tag it anyway just in case.

Spoiler

Went back to the first camp on a whim as I was fucking about. Great attention to detail, remains of fires, the odd wheel and all the sensation of a camp left in a hurry - except Arthur's shaving mirror is just floating in the middle of the camp.

Rest of the stuff is gone, including the barrel the mirror sits on, but the mirror itself is floating there.

I think I just got attacked by zombies...

I was in the middle of another fishing session and found a guy hanging from a tree. Naturally, I stopped to investigate, before 3 zombie type folk started attacking me. Shat myself, so I jumped onto my horse and bolted to my next fishing destination.

I read in the paper (in the game [emoji23]) there's a vampire cult that is kicking about committing murders, guessing they probably look like zombies. I have a serial killer clue too from outside valentine. Dunno if they are related (nobody say don't want it spoiled) but yeah some pretty scary stuff. Shite myself being out at night in some places never know what's coming.