Perth: City of Culture 2021

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Cream Cheese said:

Perth is so fucking boring that you solidify within the matter of minutes.

Perth+Fair+Maid+Sculpture+Scotland.jpg

I'm surprised CTWD isn't standing behind that statue trying to sniff it's hair.

Even the football team doesn't admit where it is.

That'll be why they advertise the season tickets with "pride of perth" then...

Perths what you make it. If you're a boring c**t then it'll be boring

59 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Perth - Used to be Gateway to the Highlands, but so crap it now

Perth - Ring Road to the Highlands

Biggest decision on approaching Perth from the south is at Broxden,

Left for Highlands and Inverness or

Right for Oor Wullie City then Aberdeen and the rural madness that surrounds it.

But never straight on and into fucking Perth.

To be fair this reads as though it was written by someone from Ayrshire.  And liked by a Celtic fan?  THe BoTTOm FeEdeRs UnITe!!

Not a real city and totally devoid of culture. The only thing that this bid shows (as well as those from the likes of Hull and Paisley) is that the UK version has scraped right through the bottom of the barrel: it is the Challenge Cup of city of culture competitions.

If the Europeans ever bestow their prize on your bin of a town then we'll talk, but that's never going to happen. 

When I think of Perth I tend to think of shopping trollies everywhere. Many live out in the open like the curb dwellers or besides the KFC, some prefer to hide in the shrubs then there are the aquatic ones who spend most of the time submerged in the canal.

But besides that it had a cracking fish and chip shop, One O One its called now. Haven't been there since the name change so don't know if the standards have been maintained, but hopefully give it a try this season.

I have the misfortune of having to work in Perth, and I can confirm it is undeniably a depressing dump, inhabited by utter some low-life's.

A visit to the local ASDA is like a trip to Lourdes, and I challenge any day tripper to take a stroll through the High Street and not want to end the misery by taking a fucking dive head-first off that shitey bridge at the far end.

1 hour ago, Mordecai said:

Don't forget that Paisley is going for the accolade as well.

My main memory of Perth is loads of bridges.

Trying to think what we need to come up with the counter the dayglo lions...
The Ringo one in the Piazza is pretty smart tbf.

1 hour ago, vikingTON said:

Not a real city and totally devoid of culture. The only thing that this bid shows (as well as those from the likes of Hull and Paisley) is that the UK version has scraped right through the bottom of the barrel: it is the Challenge Cup of city of culture competitions.

If the Europeans ever bestow their prize on your bin of a town then we'll talk, but that's never going to happen. 

Was reading through the thread and planning to post the same thing.  I can see why they have these awards and the intentions are very noble but they simply just shouldn't do it in the UK.  Nobody is being fooled and if it's in an attempt to chuck the winners a bit of cash for regeneration then the people involved should just go straight to the latter part.

41 minutes ago, slapheidpar said:

I have the misfortune of having to work in Perth, and I can confirm it is undeniably a depressing dump, inhabited by utter some low-life's.

A visit to the local ASDA is like a trip to Lourdes, and I challenge any day tripper to take a stroll through the High Street and not want to end the misery by taking a fucking dive head-first off that shitey bridge at the far end.

I know what you mean but the lady on the bench persuaded me not to.

Archived